Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone From Herts / London Going To Perth

Anyone From Herts / London Going To Perth

Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone From Herts / London Going To Perth

Hi all,

We have just signed up and have enjoyed reading all the threads.

We (Terry, Carol, kids Freddie and Georgia (5 and 3 1/2) are based in London Colney and are waiting for an answer from TRA on my hubby's skills assessment (Mechanic at Tesco's - welham green).

Have all the paperwork ready to send to migration agent and hopefully this should be with DIMIA beginning May.

Would love to think we can be out in Perth before the year is out, but know it will probably be 2007.

Look forward to keeping in touch with you all and sharing the experience!!!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cartel
Hi all,

We (Terry, Carol, kids Freddie and Georgia (5 and 3 1/2) are based in London Colney and are waiting for an answer from TRA on my hubby's skills assessment (Mechanic at Tesco's - welham green).

Have all the paperwork ready to send to migration agent and hopefully this should be with DIMIA beginning May.

Would love to think we can be out in Perth before the year is out, but know it will probably be 2007.

Hi Terry / carol

Dont know if you`ve read through this entire thread or seen recnt ones I`ve posted but am arranginging a meet up with like minded people on here on the 20th may, venue to be decided shortly, in the Watford St Albans area. Would be good for you to come along, kids and all, to get to know a few people in the same boat and have a few beers. If youre up for it let me know and I will add you to the list. there are a couple of others who post on here from London Colney and we live in Chiswell green just down the road.

Cheers

Mick
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:28 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi Terry / carol

Dont know if you`ve read through this entire thread or seen recnt ones I`ve posted but am arranginging a meet up with like minded people on here on the 20th may, venue to be decided shortly, in the Watford St Albans area. Would be good for you to come along, kids and all, to get to know a few people in the same boat and have a few beers. If youre up for it let me know and I will add you to the list. there are a couple of others who post on here from London Colney and we live in Chiswell green just down the road.

Cheers

Mick

Don't know if youv' thought about the Out and Out place at Moormill, Bricket Wood ? Theres a Travel Lodge place there and somewhere for kids to play. Unsure about a room though ?
Will you not reconsider date ?
Gillian
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:31 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hi I live in Napsbury and am of to Perth -if we ever sell the house. I'm - me (Gillian) OH (Sean) and kids - Cara, 13 , Katie,7 and Joe, 5.
Welcome aboard
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Don't know if youv' thought about the Out and Out place at Moormill, Bricket Wood ? Theres a Travel Lodge place there and somewhere for kids to play. Unsure about a room though ?
Will you not reconsider date ?
Gillian
Gillian Hi

Sorry about date but have had replies from a few that can make it and some that cant. Trouble is I dont think it will matter what date I post not everyone is going to be able to make it, it would be impossible to get it right for all and if I change it it may not suit others, stuck in the middle a bit.

If this one goes well I will organise another as Jane did for the Northampton crew who all became good friends.

The more we get now the more we can keep things going.

speak soon

sorry again

Mick
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
Hi I live in Napsbury and am of to Perth -if we ever sell the house. I'm - me (Gillian) OH (Sean) and kids - Cara, 13 , Katie,7 and Joe, 5.
Welcome aboard
Hi Gillian,

Nice to meet you. What school are the kids at? Freddie is in reception at st Bernadette's and georgia is at the Nursery 5 mornings a week until january.

Looking at the schooling system over in WA Georgia will go 2 years behind fred which is a bit of a 'mare'. She is August born and the dates go up to June 31st. Wonder if I could plead with them when it all starts to happen?

Keep in touch

Cheers,

Carol
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:50 am
Just Joined

tessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Gillian,

Nice to meet you. What school are the kids at? Freddie is in reception at st Bernadette's and georgia is at the Nursery 5 mornings a week until january.

Looking at the schooling system over in WA Georgia will go 2 years behind fred which is a bit of a 'mare'. She is August born and the dates go up to June 31st. Wonder if I could plead with them when it all starts to happen?

Keep in touch

Cheers,

Carol

Hi Carol and Gillian

I'm Tess

And along with my Hubby Ray and our 2 girls Katie (17) and Zoe (15) we are hoping to move to Perth next year. We live in Uxbridge and are currently waiting for the final decision from our CO. Meds and Police checks went about 2 weeks ago - so just keeping fingers crossed.

We are going to Perth for Christmas - to validate our visa (hopefully!!!!)

Nice meeting you

Tess H
Old Apr 13th 2006, 3:37 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Gillian,

Keep in touch

Cheers,

Carol

My kids are at St Adrians and Loreto.
School dates are a pain but at least she wont be the youngest any more in Perth. We have our visas and have validated them. Weve schools sorted out but because of our house things are stalling Hopefully we'll be there for Xmas
Gillian
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
My kids are at St Adrians and Loreto.
School dates are a pain but at least she wont be the youngest any more in Perth. We have our visas and have validated them. Weve schools sorted out but because of our house things are stalling Hopefully we'll be there for Xmas
Gillian
Hi Gillian,

Are you finding it a real problem to sell in the area? I know once we get the OK we are really hoping to sell and move PDQ. The last thing Terry and I would want is a long wait to sell the property. We are in the process of 'freshening up' and de-cluttering in the hope that when we get the 'nod' the estate agent is around the next day.

We have a couple of local people from the school wanting to move and when they heard we were hoping to immigrate asked to see the property prior to it being put on the market - you never know. We are in one of the ex council houses but thankfully were in a position to 'do it up' quite tastefully. Really need to just get rid of the surface damage beautifully created by our two kids and two dogs!

Where in Perth are you hoping to go to? Do either of you have jobs lined up? Sorry, to be a pain, but it really is lovely to 'chat' to others with the same 'dream'.

You are a lot further on then us. Now you have validated your Visa's I take there is no timescale as far as DIMIA are concerned. We are hoping to get our Visa's off by 1st May and have been told 6-9 months for a decision as Terry's occupation is on the MODL list. This will take us to the tale end of the year and we would like to be out by feb/march latest (are we dreaming???)

By the way - a funny thing. Terry has never been to Australia before!!!!!

Not sure I would do it without having been there before, but he seems to trust me. We do not intend to visit unless we have to validate.

Fingers crossed for all trying.

Chat soon

Carol
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi Terry / carol

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick,

Yes, I have read the whole thread. Isn't it exciting. It is just starting to become real, after all the discussions - should we, shouldn't we?? Need to get the OK from the TRA and then I don't see why they wouldn't want us!!!

I will keep an eye out on the posts and when the date/venue is sorted give you a yeh or neh. I do want to get involved as when we go - we won't know anyone and need to 'get in the thick of it' ASAP.

What's your itinerary for the whole move.

Speak soon.

Carol
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:07 am
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Gillian,

Are you finding it a real problem to sell in the area? I know once we get the OK we are really hoping to sell and move PDQ. The last thing Terry and I would want is a long wait to sell the property. We are in the process of 'freshening up' and de-cluttering in the hope that when we get the 'nod' the estate agent is around the next day.

We have a couple of local people from the school wanting to move and when they heard we were hoping to immigrate asked to see the property prior to it being put on the market - you never know. We are in one of the ex council houses but thankfully were in a position to 'do it up' quite tastefully. Really need to just get rid of the surface damage beautifully created by our two kids and two dogs!

Where in Perth are you hoping to go to? Do either of you have jobs lined up? Sorry, to be a pain, but it really is lovely to 'chat' to others with the same 'dream'.

You are a lot further on then us. Now you have validated your Visa's I take there is no timescale as far as DIMIA are concerned. We are hoping to get our Visa's off by 1st May and have been told 6-9 months for a decision as Terry's occupation is on the MODL list. This will take us to the tale end of the year and we would like to be out by feb/march latest (are we dreaming???)

By the way - a funny thing. Terry has never been to Australia before!!!!!

Not sure I would do it without having been there before, but he seems to trust me. We do not intend to visit unless we have to validate.

Fingers crossed for all trying.

Chat soon

Carol

Hi Carol
No we haven't jobs but I'm a nurse so am not too worried about getting work. My OH works in retail and will try his hand at anything so thats ok for us.
We've had our house on over the winter a few offers but no one in a position to move.We have just taken it of for a few weeks as our road is now being dug up ,new drainage put in and generally upgraded. Should look good but at the moment looks like a building site:scared: .

Gillian
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mick,

Yes, I have read the whole thread. Isn't it exciting. It is just starting to become real, after all the discussions - should we, shouldn't we?? Need to get the OK from the TRA and then I don't see why they wouldn't want us!!!

I will keep an eye out on the posts and when the date/venue is sorted give you a yeh or neh. I do want to get involved as when we go - we won't know anyone and need to 'get in the thick of it' ASAP.

What's your itinerary for the whole move.

Speak soon.

Carol

Hi All

Firstly apologies for not posting details sooner but have just managed in the last couple of days to check out the proposed venue and staff there to make sure everything ok with kids, times etc.

The venue shall be The Moor Mill in Bricket Wood near St Albans, Watford and London Colney, a very nice pub come restaurant that has a Premier Travel Lodge attached for those who want to stay over. It also an outside play area to play football, apark and pond etc. Lets hope for good weather but if not they will allocate us an area inside for drinks and food.

Date again is the 20th May, time to be from 3pm onwards.

I shall email all who have expressed interest already but if you can let me know of definites and numbers etc then I can get a grip on things and let the venue know also.

Please also email others that may want to come and if this is the first time you have read this thread come on board also, should be a good day to strike up a few friendships and down a few beers.

Also lets keep this thread at the top for the next couple of weeks.

Anybody need any furthe info please post on here or email me.

Cheers

Mick

PS Looking forward to seeing you all
Old Apr 25th 2006, 7:52 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Ahh nice one
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dawn
Ahh nice one
See y'all there

Booked the room and everything
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:35 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mick,

thanks for organising the venue. We'll be coming (Gina and Neil).

For those, who like me need exact instructions on where to go, here are the precise venue details :

The Moor Mill
Smug Oak Lane,
Bricket Wood,
St Albans,
Hertfordshire AL2 3PN
Tel: 01727 875557

The details for the Premier Travel Inn are:
Smug Oak Lane
Bricketwood
Nr Radlett
Hertfordshire AL2 3PN

Tel: 08701 977 040
Fax: 01727 873289

You can book it via their website: http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/home.do
Then select “St Albans / Bricketwood” from drop-down menu.

See you all there.

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.