British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone on here have twins???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-here-have-twins-730306/)

JessicaJamie Aug 28th 2011 6:33 pm

Anyone on here have twins????

Please tell me it gets easier!!! My girls are now 22 months! It was so easy when they were younger but now....well don't get me started!!!!!!

Pomster Aug 28th 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Anyone on here have twins????

A good friend of mine has twins- they were born 15 weeks early, and are almost 20m old now (chronologically).

She says they are into everything but finds the twins support network is very useful.
She is in Vic.

JessicaJamie Aug 28th 2011 7:34 pm

I go to a twins/ triplets playgroup in the uk at the mo, there is a few parents that have the same opinion as me but Im glad Ive only got the two! Hands up to those with triplets or more!!!! Its such an experience. My mum is a foster carer and has been for 22 years and she's had some difficult children over the years but she says my girls are the hardest she's ever had to look after, hence why Ive not had a proper night out in over two years! No one wants to baby sit!!!! When we get to Perth I'll dump them on my sister for the night... she won't know whats hit her! lol!!!:thumbsup:

Buzzy--Bee Aug 28th 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaJamie (Post 9586810)
Please tell me it gets easier!!! My girls are now 22 months! It was so easy when they were younger but now....well don't get me started!!!!!!

Our girls are 6. It gets easier! When they get to about 4 they start to amuse each other and need Mum and Dad less than a singleton would.

BB

renth Aug 28th 2011 9:55 pm

we've got twins and when they were born their brother was only 18 months old and still in nappies.

Yes, it does get easier and you'll find that the stress of the first couple of years gets erased from your memory.

PunkDebutante Aug 28th 2011 11:21 pm

I have twins as well. My girls are now 5 and we have a 13 year old girl as well. It definitely gets easier. I actually think they are easier now than my singleton was at this age.

chris955 Aug 29th 2011 1:21 am

We have 10 year old twins, to be honest they have never been hard really in fact the 2 of them just amuse eachother. As with all kids though they are different, some are good and some not so good.

JessicaJamie Aug 29th 2011 8:09 am

so glad to hear it gets easier!:thumbsup:

SFROST80 Sep 3rd 2011 11:23 pm

Hello, not got twins myself, but useful website for mOntreal area:

www.apjtm.com Association de Parents of Twins and more

eddie007 Sep 4th 2011 5:06 am

There used to be a psoeter on here called "TiredwithTwins"

Havent seen her for a while

So I imgaine it doesnt

irishbloo Sep 4th 2011 6:21 am

My parents had twin boys after six girls.They always claimed that the boys were far easier to take care of then each of us girls.Of course we had to remind our parents how much help we all gave with the boys.At the age of 12 I was changing nappies,feeding them and taking them out in the buggy while my friends played.I didnt mind as I was mad about them.
My youngest sister now has twin boys and two girls.The boys are mental.I met them in July for the first time and while they were gorgeous I had to see them to believe how wild they are.:eek:

JENNYMG Sep 5th 2011 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9599189)
My parents had twin boys after six girls.They always claimed that the boys were far easier to take care of then each of us girls.Of course we had to remind our parents how much help we all gave with the boys.At the age of 12 I was changing nappies,feeding them and taking them out in the buggy while my friends played.I didnt mind as I was mad about them.
My youngest sister now has twin boys and two girls.The boys are mental.I met them in July for the first time and while they were gorgeous I had to see them to believe how wild they are.:eek:

hi
just dropping a note to say we have triplets. they're 6 now and though it was hard work at the start it does get easier. little difficulties and problems will always crop up that are not the same to handle if you had single children but all in all lots of fun and hence a move in order to offer them the best future we can!

regards

Jennifer

moneypenny20 Sep 6th 2011 3:24 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9599130)
There used to be a psoeter on here called "TiredwithTwins"

Havent seen her for a while

So I imgaine it doesnt

:D She posts occasionally but she's not migrating now so doesn't need her fix quite so much.

DeadVim Sep 6th 2011 3:25 am

I've heard ProfessionalPrincess has a nice pair of twins.