Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard of PSS?

Anyone heard of PSS?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:49 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone heard of PSS?

They are a shipping company....anyone had experience of them?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone heard of PSS?

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Hi Rachie,

We've used them......twice!!!! Long story!!!!
We plan on using them a third time later in the year as we were very pleased with their service all round - both times. I know this doesn't guarantee that you would be equally as happy though or receive the same level of service!! I think it depends alot on the individuals who turn up to do the packing... some better packers than others... some have more pride in their work than others.

Good luck with whoever you finally decide on.

Trev
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:01 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev
Hi Rachie,

We've used them......twice!!!! Long story!!!!
We plan on using them a third time later in the year as we were very pleased with their service all round - both times. I know this doesn't guarantee that you would be equally as happy though or receive the same level of service!! I think it depends alot on the individuals who turn up to do the packing... some better packers than others... some have more pride in their work than others.

Good luck with whoever you finally decide on.

Trev
Now you cant say something like that and not tell all....come on?
We haven't got much to take just personal items, clothing etc, selling furniture and big electrical goods.
So just wanted to know really if anyone rated them? We had contacted crown relocations who came highly recommended but that was 3 weeks ago and they havent responded yet.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Now you cant say something like that and not tell all....come on?
We haven't got much to take just personal items, clothing etc, selling furniture and big electrical goods.
So just wanted to know really if anyone rated them? We had contacted crown relocations who came highly recommended but that was 3 weeks ago and they havent responded yet.
We used them and found them very good both ends, but some people have had bad experiences from them. But then every shipper has unhappy customers. I think the previous poster was trying to say that they have several teams who pack and some are better than others, we had 2 lovely young lads but cant remember their names.

Jo
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:53 pm
Here at last!

Oh ok then will be getting more than one quote anyway but they were recommended to me from another ex pat site Thank you for replying
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Oh ok then will be getting more than one quote anyway but they were recommended to me from another ex pat site Thank you for replying
Hi Rach

We are going to use britannia........we found they have been very good in their service so far and found them cheaper than the others too. So give them a ring and see what you think.

Tracey x
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

We used PSS last year. They were good and we had no probs , just make sure you keep everything out of the way you don't want shipped as they can be very wrap happy ! Ended up with an old dinning table being delivered we thought we'd left behind
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:51 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
We used PSS last year. They were good and we had no probs , just make sure you keep everything out of the way you don't want shipped as they can be very wrap happy ! Ended up with an old dinning table being delivered we thought we'd left behind
Hi F2O,
turn yer msn on matey!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:07 pm
Here at last!

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
PMSL at wrap happy! Nice one!
Will give Brittania a call too thanks xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:13 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS 18 months ago. Very happy with the service at both ends. But like other posters have said, it really depends on the luck of the draw and which packing team you get.

Happy moving!

B
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the middle of using them now. Container arrives in Freo on Wednesday. Should have cleared customs and AQIS by the end on the month so we will let you know what we think. Impressed so far by head office staff.

Mark
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:27 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Yep we used them.They were brilliant both ends..No problems at all...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

we used them - and yes I agree while all was well they were charming thats when they wanted the business
BUT when we were charged $600 to have the container cleaned in Brisbane I spoke to the managing director of PSS to question why we had to pay for the cleaning of a container we had never seen that was suppplied by them he was rude shouted at me told me it was nothing to do with them (even though he agreed that his company was responsible for the container n ot me and agreed we had not been told it was a possibility or offered insurance against it)
it was quite clearly a case of out of sight out of mind you have left the UK paid your money to us so i couldnt give a stuff now

I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole beacuase of the attitude of the owner
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:32 pm
Here at last!

Originally Posted by marysidey
we used them - and yes I agree while all was well they were charming thats when they wanted the business
BUT when we were charged $600 to have the container cleaned in Brisbane I spoke to the managing director of PSS to question why we had to pay for the cleaning of a container we had never seen that was suppplied by them he was rude shouted at me told me it was nothing to do with them (even though he agreed that his company was responsible for the container n ot me and agreed we had not been told it was a possibility or offered insurance against it)
it was quite clearly a case of out of sight out of mind you have left the UK paid your money to us so i couldnt give a stuff now

Oh dear surely that was the shipping companies cost and they should be insured for such? I would have sued the ass off them!! So bloody unfair....
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:13 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by marysidey

I got a bit of attitude when I spoke to their rep on the phone about my concern with their sales techniques. Not very reassuring!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.