Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Olav

Wikiposts

Anyone heard from Olav

Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:59 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I was a bit suspicious as it was from a hotmail account (although there was a Times email adress further in the message). I emailed the Times address rather than hit the reply button to the hotmail account and asked for a confirmation email back that they are genuine. Even so, I don't think I will reply - I worry too much about how they will portray me!

I emailed the Times email address to. Oh well, if they portray me as a typical whinging Pom, then they aren't far from the truth are they!!!

Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi there

A few months ago I was interviewed by a magazine and when I had been interviewed the gave me a copy of a contract to sign and they paid me 150 quid for my trouble. I do believe that it is normal to have aa signed contract. Was any one told they might have to sign one?
Maybe it is one of the trolls mucking about.
Debs
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:05 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debsy
Hi there

A few months ago I was interviewed by a magazine and when I had been interviewed the gave me a copy of a contract to sign and they paid me 150 quid for my trouble. I do believe that it is normal to have aa signed contract. Was any one told they might have to sign one?
Maybe it is one of the trolls mucking about.
Debs
I've signed one for WOMAN magazine

Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

ooh let us know when it goes on sale so we can get a copy!!!
Debs
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

This is another reason I was very cynical about this email - there was no mention of what would happen if he decided to use my information, no mention of contracts, next steps, etc. He didn't ask specific questions about what info he wanted - just tell the names of all your family members, where you live, and your experiences of moving abroad - oh and the deadline is Friday, for Saturday's publication so need the info by Friday morning GMT!!!

Doesn't sound like it would be a well researched article, or that they'd have time to clarify any details/comments. So, my personal thoughts are that it is a poor attempt at a spoof from someone on the forum. To be honest, as soon as I saw it was from a hotmail account I assumed it was not genuine.

(Sorry Jane, just my personal intuition on this...and of course I could be wrong)
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:22 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
This is another reason I was very cynical about this email - there was no mention of what would happen if he decided to use my information, no mention of contracts, next steps, etc. He didn't ask specific questions about what info he wanted - just tell the names of all your family members, where you live, and your experiences of moving abroad - oh and the deadline is Friday, for Saturday's publication so need the info by Friday morning GMT!!!

Doesn't sound like it would be a well researched article, or that they'd have time to clarify any details/comments. So, my personal thoughts are that it is a poor attempt at a spoof from someone on the forum. To be honest, as soon as I saw it was from a hotmail account I assumed it was not genuine.

(Sorry Jane, just my personal intuition on this...and of course I could be wrong)
Good job I didn't give anything away then!!!
Woman Magazine wrote to me a couple of times before they mentioed the contract. I have also had phone calls from them.

We had to go to the beach and pretend it was Christmas day and take photos!!!! Hubby was mortified when the beach started to fill up!!!! We had a small Christmas tree on the table!!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
We had to go to the beach and pretend it was Christmas day and take photos!!!! Hubby was mortified when the beach started to fill up!!!! We had a small Christmas tree on the table!!
Oh like Debsy said you MUST start a new thread when you know which issue it will be in and let us all know!!

Next time you go to the airport you should ask for a free upgrade - if they say no you'll be able to put your sunglasses on and slap the magazine on the counter and shout "do you know who I am?"
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by janeyray
Good job I didn't give anything away then!!!
Woman Magazine wrote to me a couple of times before they mentioed the contract. I have also had phone calls from them.

Tell all, did you reveal its your first and LAST Christmas in OZ

Or do I have to buy the magazine every week while in P land.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:36 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by dotty
Tell all, did you reveal its your first and LAST Christmas in OZ

Or do I have to buy the magazine every week while in P land.

Haven't told them it's our LAST!!! woops, I forgot!! I gave them a 'Positive' description of life in Perth.

After all I'am living the dream?