Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Talking Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Originally Posted by RAG62
Blimey, don't foreget that £10K equates to about AU$24,500 so price reductions can be more expensive than you think
Rich
I know, but what else can you do,

Every one else around our area is having the same problem's nothing's selling at the moment, even the littler houses arn't selling, Peter's having a chat with the estate agent today to see what they think we shoulkd do.

Paula.
Cheshire.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:48 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

[QUOTE=lucyc]Hi,

My husband and I (and three children) are moving to Buderim/Mountain Creek on August 1st and can't wait. We are going on a student visa as we were five points short for our original PR visa. So, Richard (my husband) is going to study at the Tafe in Mountain Creek for two years as a hairdresser! That way, we should have the points we need to stay at the end.
We chose Sunshine Coast as we have been to Noosa before and love that stretch of coast and we also want to give our three children a true australian lifestyle which we think we can achieve on the Sunshine Coast. So, we have sold our house and are just waiting for our third baby to be born (due on July 2nd and we leave a few weeks later ...must be mad!) then we are off. We are renting at the moment until we go, sold most of our stuff except for one container load of stuff which will be shipped out when we are settled.

Our children are Lily, 6 and Tom 2, and then there will be baby! Lily is enrolled at Mountain Creek primary and although we hope to rent in the school zone, because Rich is studying at the Tafe they said she will be able to attend anyway. Lily is getting quite emotional about leaving so it would be great to hear from anyone with other children of this age that maybe in the same boat soon! My biggest fear at the moment is for her, settling into a new country, new school and making new friends as she is quite shy!

Sorry for waffling on - it's just been great to find this thread!

Any info from anyone on anything to do with all this would be really welcome!
Lucy[/Quote ]

We are also going Budruim/Mooloolaba area. I was there on a reccy a month ago, and we also have friends in this area whose children go to Mountain Creek school, and rave about it.

Our little girl is about 6 1/2 and we have just kept selling the lifestyle to her, and it seems to be working so far. The outside pool bit, sleepovers with friends etc.

If house sale goes through, which is looking good so far, then we will be there in November, so again - good luck.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would add to this one too.
Been here since last June and love it here, the kids would never dream of going back and Hazel is enjoying it now too. I am working on an apartment building on the Mooloolaba esplanade, beats Wembly anyday. Our kids go to mountain creek and are doing well there.

Terry.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:38 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Terry
Been here since last June and love it here, the kids would never dream of going back and Hazel is enjoying it now too. I am working on an apartment building on the Mooloolaba esplanade, beats Wembly anyday. Our kids go to mountain creek and are doing well there.

Terry.
Terry, I saw that building site when I was there a month ago. Do you have a Trade ?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Terry, I saw that building site when I was there a month ago. Do you have a Trade ?
It's called Oceans, yes another sparky.

Terry
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:54 am
Banned

It's called Oceans, yes another sparky.

Terry
What were the issues getting your sparks license mate ?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

lucyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for all your response about settling the children in. I showed Lily the interactive tour on the Mountain Creek Primary website and she loved the look of the classrooms and I think it reassured her a bit. It sounds like she could be in the same year group as some other British girls! As for arriving with such a young baby in tow, I figured it was always going to be hard to leave everyone whenever we went and too be honest, a new baby is probably easier in some ways than our toddler will be! We haven't got family as such, although my husband's great aunt lives in Noosa. But my mum and dad are coming out in Oct/Nov for up to six months!

I feel really pleased I have found this thread as it just confirms that we have made the right decision by choosing Mountain Creek/ Buderim as an area - it sounds exactly what we were hoping for and it would be great to get to know some friendly faces.
Thanks
Lucy
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lucyc
Hi,
Thanks for all your response about settling the children in. I showed Lily the interactive tour on the Mountain Creek Primary website and she loved the look of the classrooms and I think it reassured her a bit. It sounds like she could be in the same year group as some other British girls!

Hello Lucy,

Just to let you know our girls are 5 and 7 so put them on your list for the same year group

dave
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Terry.

Hiya Terry,

Does there seem plenty of work for chippys around the area at the mo.

dave

ps glad you,ve all settled well.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Still not got me elect. ticket yet, but have started studying for it.
Not sure about the work situation here, think it has slowed a little from last year, there were a few laid off from the company I am working for.

Terry
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:01 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jc_hoops]
Originally Posted by lucyc
Lily is enrolled at Mountain Creek primary and although we hope to rent in the school zone,
How did you manage that???? We went to the school the other day to get our 2 kids enrolled.....and unless you can produce a rental agreement showing you're within their catchment zone you're stuffed. We are just outside the zone so ours are now going to be attending Buderim State Primary.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:27 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Wow, we are going to have some good parties when we all get together. There seems to be loads going to Buderim this year.
I only live 20 kms from Buderim so keep the music down!

DC
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:43 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PIXAU
I only live 20 kms from Buderim so keep the music down!

DC
Bah humbug....you party pooper!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:51 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by artep
Bah humbug....you party pooper!
Cut me some slack ... After 4 cases of XXXX the night before I'll have a mammoth headache!

DC
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

lucyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by artep
How did you manage that???? We went to the school the other day to get our 2 kids enrolled.....and unless you can produce a rental agreement showing you're within their catchment zone you're stuffed. We are just outside the zone so ours are now going to be attending Buderim State Primary.

Just in reply to the question about Mountain Creek Primary - we are very lucky! Because Richard is studying for two years at the Tafe which is alligned to the primary and secondary school, Lily was allowed to attend the primary. We are planning on renting in the catchment anyway but won't know for sure until we arrive, but thankfully the pressure is off because her school place is assured.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.