Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hello everyone,

I,ll jump on this thread as it is very interesting to our situation.There,s a couple of posters on the thread who know our dilemma of whether we should move to Perth or SE Queensland (hello paula,peter and rich)
dave
Good luck with your decision Dave. Go with what you think is right. We rules out Perth for different reasons but I know someone that has been there and loved it. Who is to say that QLD is better - it just seems popular at the moment.
Rich
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hello everyone,

I,ll jump on this thread as it is very interesting to our situation.There,s a couple of posters on the thread who know our dilemma of whether we should move to Perth or SE Queensland (hello paula,peter and rich)
Well the more we think on it the more we are coming round to the idea of going to the east coast.My research on the east coast has been on here or friends at the northwest meets who have been to this coast (we,ve only been to Perth) and it all sounds very appealing.
I,ve always liked the idea of Buderim/mountain creek due to the reports of the schools,affordable housing and fairly close to the beach
Anyway bye for now and if i think of anything we might need to know i,ll shout out.

dave
Good news to hear your coming round to the idea of Brisbane...

If you want to borrow any videos,then we could bring them to the next meet etc, we've got get a new life(Mooloolaba),(Strathpine),(Gold coast), and a place in the sun (Buderim,Noosa.)plus a couple more.

Any luck with the house yet??, we popped into the estate agents yesterday to have a chat about how its going, or should i say (not going) two viewer's in 7wks, bloody awfull.

Anyway she said "they've never known the housing market to be this slow for a long time, and it bad up and down the country".

So we've decided to drop the price £10,000 see if that helps us,

Have you heard from DIMIA , any pre grant yet?

Paula&Peter.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Well the more we think on it the more we are coming round to the idea of going to the east coast.My research on the east coast has been on here or friends at the northwest meets who have been to this coast (we,ve only been to Perth) and it all sounds very appealing.
I,ve always liked the idea of Buderim/mountain creek due to the reports of the schools,affordable housing and fairly close to the beach
Anyway bye for now and if i think of anything we might need to know i,ll shout out.

dave
Sounds like we have a lot in common.
We have been to Perth but not to Queensland before but the more research we seem to do we are leaning towards Buderim it does look a really nice place to live much greener and lush than WA although did love Perth itself.
The schools have a good reputation as everyone keeps going on about Mountain Creek,Primary and High School.Over 2,000 pupils does seem a bit scary as there are only 200 pupils in his little Primary School he is at here.
Although I am sure it works.
House prices seem to be slightly higher and I think we would both need to work.
Hubby is A butcher by trade but prepared to do anything at first to get some cash in.
I wonder what the work situation is like around the Sunshine Coast area or would we have to travel further do not really want to do this but we shall have to see.
It would be great to speak to someone who knows Perth and The Sunshine Coast really well to be able to give us an idea of what would best suit us.Anyone Out there?
Just cannot afford to go to the Sunshine Coast before we validate.
Good Luck in your decision.
Dreamaway
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Talking Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Sounds like we have a lot in common.
We have been to Perth but not to Queensland before but the more research we seem to do we are leaning towards Buderim it does look a really nice place to live much greener and lush than WA although did love Perth itself.
The schools have a good reputation as everyone keeps going on about Mountain Creek,Primary and High School.Over 2,000 pupils does seem a bit scary as there are only 200 pupils in his little Primary School he is at here.
Although I am sure it works.
House prices seem to be slightly higher and I think we would both need to work.
Hubby is A butcher by trade but prepared to do anything at first to get some cash in.
I wonder what the work situation is like around the Sunshine Coast area or would we have to travel further do not really want to do this but we shall have to see.
It would be great to speak to someone who knows Perth and The Sunshine Coast really well to be able to give us an idea of what would best suit us.Anyone Out there?
Just cannot afford to go to the Sunshine Coast before we validate.
Good Luck in your decision.
Dreamaway
Hi

We went to Adelaide and Perth last year, we really liked Perth out of the two, but the more we heard and the more we saw of Brisbane the more we thought it was right for us, though having never been to Brisbane before our friends think we're a bit mad.

Our feeling are if we really dont like it, though im sure we will, then we will move to Perth.

paul
Cheshire.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi

We went to Adelaide and Perth last year, we really liked Perth out of the two, but the more we heard and the more we saw of Brisbane the more we thought it was right for us, though having never been to Brisbane before our friends think we're a bit mad.

Our feeling are if we really dont like it, though im sure we will, then we will move to Perth.

paul
Cheshire.
Thanks Paul we have thought that too.We know we like Perth so if it did work out for us on the Sunshine Coast we could always go there.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi Rachel,
We also have to think about the children as well - if they go onoto college university then living southside would make things easier for them to commute. Moo is a long way of you are doing it 5 days a week.
Rich
I have a 10 and a 14 year old. Mountain Creek High is living up to its good reputation for our eldest. There is a college and a university on the sunshine coast. But, I would guess he will want to go to a university away from us I'm planning to do a course with Queensland Uni as an external candidate (a lot of courses can be taken this way).
Rachel
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Good news to hear your coming round to the idea of Brisbane...

If you want to borrow any videos,then we could bring them to the next meet etc, we've got get a new life(Mooloolaba),(Strathpine),(Gold coast), and a place in the sun (Buderim,Noosa.)plus a couple more.

Any luck with the house yet??, we popped into the estate agents yesterday to have a chat about how its going, or should i say (not going) two viewer's in 7wks, bloody awfull.

Anyway she said "they've never known the housing market to be this slow for a long time, and it bad up and down the country".

Have you heard from DIMIA , any pre grant yet?

Paula&Peter.

Hello Paula,

No we,ve had no luck with the house yet i spoke to our agent at the weekend and they said the same as yours it,s flat.At the mo i can,t see us selling theres no movement in the lower bracket so we are going to struggle.
We hav,nt heard from DIMIA but they won,t have recieved our meds yet.The panel doc said they would ring us when the blood tests were returned,that was 2 weeks ago and we,ve heard nothing yet.

How about you have you heard anything from DIMIA yet?

dave
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Hello Paula,

No we,ve had no luck with the house yet i spoke to our agent at the weekend and they said the same as yours it,s flat.At the mo i can,t see us selling theres no movement in the lower bracket so we are going to struggle.
We hav,nt heard from DIMIA but they won,t have recieved our meds yet.The panel doc said they would ring us when the blood tests were returned,that was 2 weeks ago and we,ve heard nothing yet.

How about you have you heard anything from DIMIA yet?

dave
Hi Dave,

No we haven't heard anything from Dimia yet, though they should have recieved our med's and police check's by now.

I hope the property market hurry up's, it's sure bad at the moment, a house round the corner from us has reduced its price by £50,000 and still not sold it, it's a bargain but no one else thinks so, what chance do we have, at least we've not got the visa yet? but at this rate we will be giving the bloody thing away so we can get to oz, anyway things can only get better???????

Good luck with the house, you've been up for sale longer than us, so you must be really hacked off now.

Paula..
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RReed
I'm planning to do a course with Queensland Uni as an external candidate
Rachel
Do they do "surfing?" as a course
Rich
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RAG62
Do they do "surfing?" as a course
Rich
Nothing as interesting as surfing unfortunately. Don't think I could blag a professional development grant for a surfing course (unless I was very creative in my application) . I am having problems with bodyboarding at the moment - the waves seem much stronger (and warmer) than the Welsh waves I am used to. It's only a matter of time before I break something!
Rachel
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paula&Peter.
Blimey, don't foreget that £10K equates to about AU$24,500 so price reductions can be more expensive than you think
Rich
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

lucyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband and I (and three children) are moving to Buderim/Mountain Creek on August 1st and can't wait. We are going on a student visa as we were five points short for our original PR visa. So, Richard (my husband) is going to study at the Tafe in Mountain Creek for two years as a hairdresser! That way, we should have the points we need to stay at the end.
We chose Sunshine Coast as we have been to Noosa before and love that stretch of coast and we also want to give our three children a true australian lifestyle which we think we can achieve on the Sunshine Coast. So, we have sold our house and are just waiting for our third baby to be born (due on July 2nd and we leave a few weeks later ...must be mad!) then we are off. We are renting at the moment until we go, sold most of our stuff except for one container load of stuff which will be shipped out when we are settled.

Our children are Lily, 6 and Tom 2, and then there will be baby! Lily is enrolled at Mountain Creek primary and although we hope to rent in the school zone, because Rich is studying at the Tafe they said she will be able to attend anyway. Lily is getting quite emotional about leaving so it would be great to hear from anyone with other children of this age that maybe in the same boat soon! My biggest fear at the moment is for her, settling into a new country, new school and making new friends as she is quite shy!

Sorry for waffling on - it's just been great to find this thread!

Any info from anyone on anything to do with all this would be really welcome!
Lucy
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lucyc
Hi,

My husband and I (and three children) are moving to Buderim/Mountain Creek on August 1st and can't wait. We are going on a student visa as we were five points short for our original PR visa. So, Richard (my husband) is going to study at the Tafe in Mountain Creek for two years as a hairdresser! That way, we should have the points we need to stay at the end.
We chose Sunshine Coast as we have been to Noosa before and love that stretch of coast and we also want to give our three children a true australian lifestyle which we think we can achieve on the Sunshine Coast. So, we have sold our house and are just waiting for our third baby to be born (due on July 2nd and we leave a few weeks later ...must be mad!) then we are off. We are renting at the moment until we go, sold most of our stuff except for one container load of stuff which will be shipped out when we are settled.

Our children are Lily, 6 and Tom 2, and then there will be baby! Lily is enrolled at Mountain Creek primary and although we hope to rent in the school zone, because Rich is studying at the Tafe they said she will be able to attend anyway. Lily is getting quite emotional about leaving so it would be great to hear from anyone with other children of this age that maybe in the same boat soon! My biggest fear at the moment is for her, settling into a new country, new school and making new friends as she is quite shy!

Lucy

I hope it goes well for you. If it is any help my 3 children adore it here and never even think of going back. The lifestyle they have now does not compare!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Lucy
Good Luck Lucy and I hope it all goes well for you.You sounds as though you have an awful lot on your plate at the moment.
I have a 6 year old and have the same worries myself about settling him in to a new school etc as he can be shy I think if you can get your children settled and jobs sorted everything else should fall into place.
Sounds like you are pretty well organised.All the best for the birth.Dreamaway
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:35 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Lucy
Hi Lucy, we are hoping to be out in Buderim area about September time. We have a 5 year old who will start school. Depending on where we are living it will probably be Mountain Creek or Buderim Mountain. Both have a very good reputation. I am sure your little girl will be fine. I expect the children to settle a lot quicker than us grown-ups! You are very brave going out so soon after having a baby! Do you have any friends/family out there? Even if you don't I'm sure it wont take long to make some, judging by the number of people heading that way this year.
Wishing you all the best and hope to see you on the Sunshine Coast sometime!
Carolyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.