Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:17 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Originally Posted by ianp
As there seems to be quite a few people heading to Buderim and the surrounding area , I am trying to gauge if there would be much demand for a short term furnished rental house with a pool in Buderim.
The house has 3 bedrooms on the main level the master has an ensuite , on the lower level is a sel contained granny flat that opens on the the pool area . It is in the Mountain Creek senior school zone and the Buderim Mountain primary school zone.
Any feedback would be appreciated .

Ian
We're going to need somewhere to rent after the 30th April as that's when our initial 2 week rental is up. How short term is it and how much? And have you any pics?

Petra
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:57 pm
blossom

We would also be very interested, although cannot confirm as yet when we will be arriving!

Blossom

Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by artep
We're going to need somewhere to rent after the 30th April as that's when our initial 2 week rental is up. How short term is it and how much? And have you any pics?

Petra
Hi Petra,

I dont have any pics at the moment , The original idea was to use the property as a normal long term unfurnished rental. I am just trying to see if there was enough demand for short term rental . The minimum rental time would be one week , The price would be around A$650 per week but that would be reduced the longer you stayed .

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:45 am
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

As there seems to be quite a few people heading to Buderim and the surrounding area , I am trying to gauge if there would be much demand for a short term furnished rental house with a pool in Buderim.
The house has 3 bedrooms on the main level the master has an ensuite , on the lower level is a sel contained granny flat that opens on the the pool area . It is in the Mountain Creek senior school zone and the Buderim Mountain primary school zone.
Any feedback would be appreciated .

Ian
Hi there,
We are already here and our rental is due for renewal! i would be interested in hearing abit more about your place.. ie road name, is it with any agents at the moment and when is it available? sorry for all the questions but sometimes decent rentals are hard to come by.
We are in Mt Creek at the moment with both children at the High and Primary.
Regards
Alison
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi there,
We are already here and our rental is due for renewal! i would be interested in hearing abit more about your place.. ie road name, is it with any agents at the moment and when is it available? sorry for all the questions but sometimes decent rentals are hard to come by.
We are in Mt Creek at the moment with both children at the High and Primary.
Regards
Alison

Hi Alison,

I have sent you a Pm with the details.

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alison,

I have sent you a Pm with the details.

Ian
Hi Ian

We are currently here near Noosa validating our visa and doing a bit of a rekkie. We arrived in the area Sunday and are here for 2 weeks (what's all this rain doing here ). We are looking at Buderim, Mooloolaba and Caloundra mainly, with our other area to view being Cleveland/Redlands (been there for a day but planning to go back next week to have a bit of a tour with an estate agent).
Hope you don't mind me asking but I just wondered what made Buderim your choice and whether you have any comments about Caloundra?
Thanks

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

have been here in Buderim for 4 weeks now have bought a house and loving it. Only just got online yesterday and can't believe the amount of people wanting to come to Buderim.

I know I am still in honeymoon period but wow it's georgeous, and will be even better in 6 weeks time when my daughter joins us

Only slight niggle now is meeting people so anyone for coffee? or

cazz
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:51 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cazz
have been here in Buderim for 4 weeks now have bought a house and loving it. Only just got online yesterday and can't believe the amount of people wanting to come to Buderim.

I know I am still in honeymoon period but wow it's georgeous, and will be even better in 6 weeks time when my daughter joins us

cazz
Lucky you cazz!! Would love to meet up for coffee but unfortunately still here in UK until September! Please keep us updated on your thoughts of Buderim!

Carolyn
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:49 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

cazz
Hi Cazz

Great to hear you are enjoying Buderim. Would love to have coffee can you make some time in Sept/October when I arrive with hubby and two littleuns.

Shelley x
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Hi Cazz

Great to hear you are enjoying Buderim. Would love to have coffee can you make some time in Sept/October when I arrive with hubby and two littleuns.

Shelley x

let me know when your here, looks like september and october is a popular month for newcomers.

I went into the old post office (which is a tourist info now) in Buderim yesterday got talking to the old dear in there, when she found out i had just moved into the area she invited me to the next tea morning she was very friendly but i wonder what i've let myself infore!! over 70's maybe
not that there is anything wrong with the over 70's just not the sort of club i was thinking of joining yet!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

let me know when your here, looks like september and october is a popular month for newcomers.

I went into the old post office (which is a tourist info now) in Buderim yesterday got talking to the old dear in there, when she found out i had just moved into the area she invited me to the next tea morning she was very friendly but i wonder what i've let myself infore!! over 70's maybe
not that there is anything wrong with the over 70's just not the sort of club i was thinking of joining yet!!!!!!
Cazz, I'll meet you for coffee. I'm not quite 70 yet . Just let me know where/when.
Rachel
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RReed
Cazz, I'll meet you for coffee. I'm not quite 70 yet . Just let me know where/when.
Rachel
Rachel have sent you a pm
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Di have sent pm, and Rachel that's one more for coffee
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Hi everyone
We've been in Buderim for 2 1/2 years now and are loving Aussie life. . Absolutely no regrets. I was surprised to see how many of you are all heading here without having been here, but it is a beautiful area close to the beaches, national parks and Brissy.
We bought our house in the Mountain Creek school catchment area as we'd also heard great things about the primary and high schools and we are really happy with our choice.
Coffee sounds great girls, send me a pm with the date and time.
Kazz
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi all
Just spotted this thread having got back from a reccy trip to Oz to see if we would like the place. I visited Mooloolabah as well as most other "suburbs" around Brissie. Suffering from jet lag at the mo, hence writing at 6am on a Sat morning

Buderim and Moo were near, if not top, of the places I would want to live. My wife is a nurse and commuting to Caloundra or Nambour would not seem to be a problem. However I work in financial services and can envisage that I would have to get a job in Brissie itself. Alternatively my wife may end up getting a nursing job in Brissie also.

If so, then I think Buderim would be too far away for us. It is over 100km to the city and as mentioned previously commuting times is 1.15hrs to 1.30hrs each way. Is this the lifestyle change that you envisaged

The road is mainly dual carriageway (m/way) and the max speeds generally vary between 100km/h and 110km/h. The journey is "easy" as it is all motorway but it is very remote and the thought of my wife travelling alone in the pitch dark having done a late shift puts me off. I didn't see many emergency phones by the roadside. Don't forget it goes dark early and quickly, over there, ie by 6.45pm.

Mountain Creek H School does have a good reputation. It currently has 2100 pupils so it is big. In QLD school class sizes are a max of 30 pupils and as already mentioned MCHS manage the size of the school very well by working a shift system and by having "houses" within the school. When I had a look around it was quite orderly and clean and the kids seemed to be behaving okay. As with most of the state schools I looked at, the fabric of the building could do with an overhaul.

Hope this helps and if anyone has any Qs let me know.
Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.