Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:32 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Crikey...that's 3 sparks going to Buderim....Shelley's other half...Alison's and mine!!

Petra

.........less than 2 weeks to go......woo hoo!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

2. How long is the drive to Nambour from Buderim? Just thinking about work now (I'm a nurse) and I know there is a large hospital there but don't know if it is realistic to commute to. Also (I think that's 3 questions now!! ) what kind of town is Nambour?
Thankyou everyone!
Carolyn[/QUOTE]
I work in Nambour as a midwife. There are two hospitals, public and private (I have a casual contract for both). It takes me about 25mins to drive there from Mooloolaba which is further away than Buderim. There is another private hospital in Caloundra, also about 25mins away from Buderim. Nambour is ok to work in, but I wouldn't want to live there (no offence to anyone). You won't have a problem getting a casual contract in any of the hospitals, or getting enough working hours. They tend to offer you a permanent contract once you've settled in without disappearing with the drugs
Rachel
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Went upto Buderim a couple of weeks ago. It really is lovely. But you get the same problems as in England. All the really nice places do not have much in the way of jobs. If we could get work there we would bethere in a flash. What are you all planning on doing when you get there ??

Maybe we have just not come up with the right approach yet ?
Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Talking Re: Anyone heading for Buderim this year?

Originally Posted by RichnKim
Hi All

Went upto Buderim a couple of weeks ago. It really is lovely. But you get the same problems as in England. All the really nice places do not have much in the way of jobs. If we could get work there we would bethere in a flash. What are you all planning on doing when you get there ??

Maybe we have just not come up with the right approach yet ?

Hi there,

Yeh know what you mean, we really like the look of Budrim but for us once we arrive in Brisbane it all depends where my husband can get a job 1st, before we can arrange what area to live in.

Is it about 1hr.30mins from Brisbane ?

Paula
just waiting on med req, applied 13th April 04
Hope to arrive in Brisbane June/July.
Cheshire.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:14 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by artep
Crikey...that's 3 sparks going to Buderim....Shelley's other half...Alison's and mine!!

Petra

.........less than 2 weeks to go......woo hoo!!

Good luck Petra

Let us know how your other half gets on on the job front. Ash (my other half) is getting worried now about giving up a really good job over here. He wants to go to Oz more than anything - but it's difficult when he is the only earner. Told him though, that I am more than happy to find myself a little job.

Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:07 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NAC
Thanks for that, now, just 2 more questions!
1. How long would it take to drive to Siena Catholic School at Sippy Downs from Buderim (if you were living right in Buderim itself)?
2. How long is the drive to Nambour from Buderim? Just thinking about work now (I'm a nurse) and I know there is a large hospital there but don't know if it is realistic to commute to. Also (I think that's 3 questions now!! ) what kind of town is Nambour?
Thankyou everyone!
Carolyn
Hi there... answers!
1. 10 mins - although it would rather depend where in Buderim you live.. its a big place, for example, rainforest sanctuary is only 5 minutes... so i say 10 as an average. There is a buslink service for schools av. cost i understand is about $10 a week and they pick up children from all over the coast for schools
2. Buderim to Nambour - about 20/25 minutes. its a good road though, I spent all of last week travelling between Mt Creek and Nambour hospital to visit my daugher.
3. Nambour is a small(ish) town with one main road with everyday shops and cafes, not alot there really, more of a country town, but I suppose still handy for the coast and I think house prices reflect this.
See ya
Alison
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:03 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi there... answers!
1. 10 mins - although it would rather depend where in Buderim you live.. its a big place, for example, rainforest sanctuary is only 5 minutes... so i say 10 as an average. There is a buslink service for schools av. cost i understand is about $10 a week and they pick up children from all over the coast for schools
2. Buderim to Nambour - about 20/25 minutes. its a good road though, I spent all of last week travelling between Mt Creek and Nambour hospital to visit my daugher.
3. Nambour is a small(ish) town with one main road with everyday shops and cafes, not alot there really, more of a country town, but I suppose still handy for the coast and I think house prices reflect this.
See ya
Alison
Thanks again everyone for your answers! Just thinking of some more questions now
Carolyn
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:53 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Good luck Petra

Let us know how your other half gets on on the job front. Ash (my other half) is getting worried now about giving up a really good job over here. He wants to go to Oz more than anything - but it's difficult when he is the only earner. Told him though, that I am more than happy to find myself a little job.

Yep I will Shelley, my other half is also very worried about getting work in the area. He thinks we may end up having to move again nearer to Brisbane if he can't get work. I hope not because I don't really want to have to move the kids again. He's also really concerned about getting his licence and how long its going to take.

Petra
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:13 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi there,

Yeh know what you mean, we really like the look of Budrim but for us once we arrive in Brisbane it all depends where my husband can get a job 1st, before we can arrange what area to live in.

Is it about 1hr.30mins from Brisbane ?

Paula
just waiting on med req, applied 13th April 04
Hope to arrive in Brisbane June/July.
Cheshire.

I was on a reccy (visa activation) to Buderim about two weeks ago, and it's the "dogs gonads"

I had three areas to look at, Wynnum, Redcliffe and Buderium/Mooloolaba and the last area won hands down.

Our house is nearly sold, just awaiting contract exchange date, then seven months and we are there.

I must admit, I thought the drive to Brisbane was a lot quicker than one and a half hours, but there again, I was in awe of the countryside.

West Ham !! looks like a West London V East London thing UUUUUUURRRRRRRRR's
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough

As there seems to be quite a few people heading to Buderim and the surrounding area , I am trying to gauge if there would be much demand for a short term furnished rental house with a pool in Buderim.
The house has 3 bedrooms on the main level the master has an ensuite , on the lower level is a sel contained granny flat that opens on the the pool area . It is in the Mountain Creek senior school zone and the Buderim Mountain primary school zone.
Any feedback would be appreciated .

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:31 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ianp
As there seems to be quite a few people heading to Buderim and the surrounding area , I am trying to gauge if there would be much demand for a short term furnished rental house with a pool in Buderim.
The house has 3 bedrooms on the main level the master has an ensuite , on the lower level is a sel contained granny flat that opens on the the pool area . It is in the Mountain Creek senior school zone and the Buderim Mountain primary school zone.

Ian
Oh yes, but you will probably have it rented out by the time we get there

I will post on here nearer the time of our departure, so keep at look out on here......
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:39 am
Just Joined

kitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Oh yes, but you will probably have it rented out by the time we get there

I will post on here nearer the time of our departure, so keep at look out on here......

Hi JC

the idea would be short term accomodation for a few weeks or a month. Then new arrivals could get a feel for the area while they are waiting for there shipment.

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kitch
Hi JC

the idea would be short term accomodation for a few weeks or a month. Then new arrivals could get a feel for the area while they are waiting for there shipment.

Ian
It is a good idea Ian - from what I have heard, Buderum is very alkward to get rental accomadation during the peak season, so this alternative would be a lot better and cheaper than a motel.

That said, I was out there about three weeks ago and got friends out there as well, so I know how good this area is
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:58 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Ian
Inerested!!! Actually, I want it now!! Can you at least make sure it's available in September, Thanks!!
Seriously, this would be something we would be interested in as it was our plan to try and get something furnished for a few weeks until we got our own home and our container arrived. We fully expected to have to do this outwith the area so if there was actually something in Buderim it would be fab!
Please keep us informed!
Thanks, Carolyn
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Depending on the cost, we would certainly be interested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.