Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading to Brisbane?

Anyone heading to Brisbane?

Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone heading to Brisbane?

Originally Posted by jomac1290
We are using Ashmore palms holiday village. $490 per week for five of us, so good value. It's not far from pacific pines. We will do our reccy from there it's only 1 hour to CBD too so not too far out. The girl Lisa was very helpful. You pay 2 weeks up front. Further 2 weeks when we arrive and $150 bond for cleaning and breakages. You need to book 1 month min. After that you can pay by week. Towards end you can pay by day. Perfect if your awaiting on your cargo arriving. Hope this helps. Jo
Thanks have you got a link,sounds good
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Smile Re: Anyone heading to Brisbane?

http://www.ashmorepalmsgoldcoast.com.au/
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

Thank you very much for that just sent an email to them Hope there is room for April
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

wonderingaloud is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by irishbloo
We lived down the road from Muller factory.Good luck with your move
Ahhh small world! Glad you seem happy and settled there in WA
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Ozziemummy is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just moved here from Milton Keynes. Been here around a month and settling in slowly!! Weather has been so hot but is finally settling down to a nice temp.
My mum owns a hostel here and it would be perfect for you all. Its a big old queenslander (typical home in Brisbane- so is like living in a house just with a few other people) and is nice and homely (home away from home). Send her (Maria Tait) an email
http://www.bowentceaccommodation.com/
It is based in New Farm and is about a 15 min walk to the CBD.

Let us know when you arrive would be nice to meet some fellow Brits who are new to Brisbane too. My partner is a Stay At Home dad to our 11 month old son. Although he is most often found down at The Pig & Whistle pub in the CBD watching Man U lose at silly times in the morning.

Good luck with the move :-)
Sarah, James (aka Spam) and James (the boy)
Old May 19th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Seanda is an unknown quantity at this point

hoping to head off around end august (from Ireland) just waiting for visa (457), wife anf three kids. big upheaval but excited and cant wait. Now only have to arrange house, schools, car etc etc etc.......
Would be interested in meeting up/liasing with any other Irish heading towards brisbane around the same time, Would be good to have know some people when we got there.
PM me if anybody wants to make contact
Sean
Old May 19th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

My husband just arrived yesterday in Brisbane and the kids and I will join him at the end of June. Very excited!
Old May 20th 2011, 4:38 am
Just Joined

ryan88 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to Brisbane
Old May 20th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

As an Irishman here three years, I wouldn't worry too much about where people are from. At a fundamental level most of us immigrants (that arrive on planes) are in the same boat (metaphorically). We go through largely the same processes to get our visas and are starting afresh in many ways. That's not to say we don't have lots in common with Aussies too. All I am trying to say is, think about branching out from the Irish crowd and don't ghettoise yourself (if that's the correct term). I've gotten to know people from all kinds of backgrounds that I probably wouldn't associate with in Ireland, which for me is a very positive thing.
Old May 20th 2011, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve2009
As an Irishman here three years, I wouldn't worry too much about where people are from. At a fundamental level most of us immigrants (that arrive on planes) are in the same boat (metaphorically). We go through largely the same processes to get our visas and are starting afresh in many ways. That's not to say we don't have lots in common with Aussies too. All I am trying to say is, think about branching out from the Irish crowd and don't ghettoise yourself (if that's the correct term). I've gotten to know people from all kinds of backgrounds that I probably wouldn't associate with in Ireland, which for me is a very positive thing.
couldn't agree more. plan to keep all options open and use whatever sources/contacts we can to get organised. many thanks
Old May 20th 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ryan88
welcome to Brisbane
thanks really looking forward to the move - as daunting a task as it is!!
Old May 20th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

hi all we are here to now,brisbane and it's rained all day yesterday
Old May 20th 2011, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie brown
hi all we are here to now,brisbane and it's rained all day yesterday
Did you just arrive?
Old May 20th 2011, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fish.01
Did you just arrive?
yes , been here three weeks today
Old May 20th 2011, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie brown
yes , been here three weeks today
Thank your lucky stars you just missed qld's wettest summer since the 19th century - 110+ years.

Though I did hear recently that there is a 70% chance that this winter will be wetter than usual so you can still be part of it

Oh...and welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.