Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone have suggestions for a new career

Anyone have suggestions for a new career

Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:03 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Anyone have suggestions for a new career

Originally Posted by Brisben
Well Tim I was trying to give you somethingto consider before making any decisions, The point is that you need it to be long term....and the health sector is a good choice for that, as I noiced yu don'tmine retraining so, it really is up to you to think of something you may enjoy.

Caracuus and vespa obviously are taking the p*** but I was trying to be usefull , Caracuss and Vespa you should go in the lounge as there is more p*** taking in there, it would suit your style of posts very well.
Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben..............................Ben,

I will admit that this thread has kept me entertained this fine evening but I would just like to point out that I did give a very straight answer (#7) earlier and was being perfectly serious too. I think if you do have a good idea then its best to keep it to yourself for obvious reasons.

Some people have mentioned on here what they would like to do but you must be careful about this. Did you ever see the 'No Going Back' series when the bloke had his heart set of sea fishing trips failed but his wife then took the reins and started the hair extension business thing. That turned out to be extremely profitable for them. Suppose they had blabbed about that, they could have lost out big time.

I agree you do have to look at whats needed too but this can be limited depending on certain criteria, like age for example. Old dog and new tricks and I am only 3# ! ! !

I also went back and did a degree when I was 30 and its paid off for us but do I fancy doing anything like that again..........not really. It was hard enough being in a class full of nineteen year olds for one thing and I was glad there was some people older than me in there. Made a good friend from going there though and have kept in touch ever since.

Do you know what you are going to do Ben once there?

R.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:35 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have suggestions for a new career

I also went back and did a degree when I was 30 and its paid off for us but do I fancy doing anything like that again..........not really. It was hard enough being in a class full of nineteen year olds for one thing and I was glad there was some people older than me in there. Made a good friend from going there though and have kept in touch ever since.

R.[/QUOTE]

i keep toying with the idea of doing a degree once we get out there. i was talked out of it at 20 years of age by my parents ("what do you want to got to uni for, you'll be married with children in a few years time" - i've never forgiven them )

i've done a few courses in the last couple of years, and have been bitten by the further education bug. hubbie says i can carry on when we get out there, but it depends on work. at the mo, it looks more likely that i will get a job very easily, and the hubbiw might have to be a house husband :scared: :scared: (not that i want to - but needs must). will see how things pan out

michelle
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:07 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben..............................Ben,

I will admit that this thread has kept me entertained this fine evening but I would just like to point out that I did give a very straight answer (#7) earlier and was being perfectly serious too. I think if you do have a good idea then its best to keep it to yourself for obvious reasons.

Some people have mentioned on here what they would like to do but you must be careful about this. Did you ever see the 'No Going Back' series when the bloke had his heart set of sea fishing trips failed but his wife then took the reins and started the hair extension business thing. That turned out to be extremely profitable for them. Suppose they had blabbed about that, they could have lost out big time.

I agree you do have to look at whats needed too but this can be limited depending on certain criteria, like age for example. Old dog and new tricks and I am only 3# ! ! !

R.
I know what I am doing when I get there, I have just finished my degree about 1 month ago and I am just recently turned 31, I hope this will be beneficial for me in the long run, but who knows, All in All I have a good idea what I am going to do when I get there, but you never know how it will pan out... Lets live in hope of better things..
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:17 am
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

Why not become an ocker Aussie and go the whole hog with your new career.
You could become a professional sponge, drain as much money from centrelink as possible and spend it at the local tavern on the pokies and piss, then on the way home to give the Mrs a black eye you can get a chew and spew for you and your five toothless barefoot kids.
Optional extras include hooning and delivering pizzas as a sideline to your drug dealing.