Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any info on Wagga NSW?

Wikiposts

Anyone have any info on Wagga NSW?

Old Jan 7th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone have any info on Wagga NSW?

Am planning a visit next weekend and would be interested to know as much about the town as I can.

Places to avoid - being the main one. Will be looking at properties in the area.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have any info on Wagga NSW?

What takes you down that way? I have a friend with a lot of family in the area so can check with her if you like.
Nicky
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP
What takes you down that way? I have a friend with a lot of family in the area so can check with her if you like.
Nicky
Hi Nicky,

Nothing set in stone but OH and I are considering moving there. bit hush hush though as haven't mentioned it to either of kids.

Really interested in what areas are 'ok' and what areas to avoid - property wise.

Maybe rural as long as it is within 20 minutes or so into the centre of Wagga.

BTW congratulations on the teaching course.

Sarah
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hi Nicky,

Nothing set in stone but OH and I are considering moving there. bit hush hush though as haven't mentioned it to either of kids.

Really interested in what areas are 'ok' and what areas to avoid - property wise.

Sarah
I don't have info, per se, but I have been and it's a really nice town. It's pretty large and it has fabulous botanical gardens and other really gorgeous areas for recreation, esp along the Murrumbidgee River. I thought it was a really beautiful place but I've never lived there.
The Charles Sturt University is also there.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
I don't have info, per se, but I have been and it's a really nice town. It's pretty large and it has fabulous botanical gardens and other really gorgeous areas for recreation, esp along the Murrumbidgee River. I thought it was a really beautiful place but I've never lived there.
The Charles Sturt University is also there.
Thanks Ipom,yeah we are driving down on Friday evening and plan to spend the weekend looking around.

Have you managed to visit Canberra yet?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

Sarah
Thanks
I have sent you a PM but my friend said that driving around and you will tell the really bad areas as they are run down compared to the rest of the place. In general she said it was very nice but there are pockets as with everywhere.
Good luck
Nicky
Old Jan 7th 2007, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you managed to visit Canberra yet?

Not yet hon, but we are planning to fit it in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know.

Want to see the Egypt exhibition
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

Sarah
Are you planning on moving before they get back
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Hi Nicky,

bit hush hush though as haven't mentioned it to either of kids.

Sarah

Hope your kids dont use this web site

could be no longer hush hush
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Are you planning on moving before they get back

Trust you to spoil the surprise
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pomref
Hope your kids dont use this web site

could be no longer hush hush
Think Turtletom has more important things on his mind right now