Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a wood fired oven in the garden ?

Anyone got a wood fired oven in the garden ?

Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone got a wood fired oven in the garden ?

I have got a real bee in my bonnet about getting a wood fired oven in the garden when we finally get our own house. See this site Wood fired ovens this bloke has got everything you would ever need to know, including plans. Looking at this guy's site there are quite a few people in Australia that have built an oven, and I was wondering if anyone here has done it ?
I really like the idea of pizzas done in 90 seconds, made from fresh ingredients (instead of the sh*te from Dominos etc), making our own bread, and slow roasting meat. We went to a vineyard down the road the other day where they have an outdoor wood fired oven and the pizzas we had from it were great.
When I build one, I want like this . These guys also have a Tandoor oven built in next to the wood fired oven, which would be a follow-on project. I really like the way they have built it so they have a built-in BBQ, tandoor and wood fired oven, a complete outdoor kitchen
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:00 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got a wood fired oven in the garden ?

Originally Posted by BenandPam
I have got a real bee in my bonnet about getting a wood fired oven in the garden when we finally get our own house. See this site Wood fired ovens this bloke has got everything you would ever need to know, including plans. Looking at this guy's site there are quite a few people in Australia that have built an oven, and I was wondering if anyone here has done it ?
I really like the idea of pizzas done in 90 seconds, made from fresh ingredients (instead of the sh*te from Dominos etc), making our own bread, and slow roasting meat. We went to a vineyard down the road the other day where they have an outdoor wood fired oven and the pizzas we had from it were great.
When I build one, I want like this . These guys also have a Tandoor oven built in next to the wood fired oven, which would be a follow-on project. I really like the way they have built it so they have a built-in BBQ, tandoor and wood fired oven, a complete outdoor kitchen

we r thinkin about buildin a tandoor....we have a fire basket thingy that we use in the winter
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy clay tandoor liners which you can then build around and it certainly looks easier than the wood fired oven. I really like the idea of making my own Tandoori Chicken and Naan in my back garden. I also think that we could have some excellent kids parties where they can make their own pizzas in the oven and learn about different types of cooking from around the world.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:16 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Hi.
We are in the middle of building one at the moment, we will be getting the actual oven top from a guy in Swan Valley. It is going to be a wonderful addition for the guests that stay with us to use. All the little extra bits help. It is quite good fun, we are going to surround the front with mini orb (corrugated iron) mosaic on the bench top and render the oven a royal blue. Will post a photo when we have finished. Suzette and Will at Cedar Cottage.