Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got their Xmas tree up yet?

Anyone got their Xmas tree up yet?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone got their Xmas tree up yet?

Ive been listening to the radio from Scotland on the net, it sounds like they are in for a long Winter.
Just wondered if its feeling Christmassy enough yet to put your tree up.

Ive seen 1 house with theres up over here.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got their Xmas tree up yet?

Originally Posted by Bordy
Ive been listening to the radio from Scotland on the net, it sounds like they are in for a long Winter.

Nope its so bloody cold and miserable that im too depressed to put the decorations up.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Nope its so bloody cold and miserable that im too depressed to put the decorations up.
Is it really that cold?

Think its 28 degrees here today. Its a hard life at times.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Bordy, there are lights up and several already have their christmas trees up around our area. I am trying to pretend that christmas isnt happening because we were expecting to be in Oz for christmas
I suppose I'd better try and make an effort very soon.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet, we’ve got to move into a rental before Christmas, and we don’t have any definate date.

Seems silly to put up the decks for a couple of weeks, then take them down; move house and put them up again!

How are the Aussies at Christmas decks and trees, Is it the full on Xmas thing going on? What about Turkey, do they eat Turkey at Xmas? Are they expensive?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:29 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I havent seen anything in anyones houses yet, but Reading high street has some pretty pathetic looking decs up, and some z list celebs to switch them on
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:45 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I havent seen anything in anyones houses yet, but Reading high street has some pretty pathetic looking decs up, and some z list celebs to switch them on
Only as you were too busy to switch them on
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

The house round the corner has loads of dec's up outside bit soon for me.
We go totally OTT on the outside of our house (well it the other half that does it)
We have an 8foot santa among other things
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:22 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Not yet, we’ve got to move into a rental before Christmas, and we don’t have any definate date.

Seems silly to put up the decks for a couple of weeks, then take them down; move house and put them up again!

How are the Aussies at Christmas decks and trees, Is it the full on Xmas thing going on? What about Turkey, do they eat Turkey at Xmas? Are they expensive?

They seem to be a bit like Hilary & go big on the outside decorations. Seems to be a lot of neighbours trying to outdo each other.
Some streets are so famous for there outside decorations that the local council runs bus trips to them.
Turkey is still a big seller for Xmas dinner but so to is cooked ham & also seafood.
Not sure how much the turkey is, I leave that to Mrs Bordy.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bordy

John Masons are packing all the furniture and my decs tomorrow! Can't be arsed to put any up this year...am leaving first week of Jan....Mmmmm ......house will be bare...how sad!!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:52 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Was working in someones house today, and they were putting the tree up!
first one I,ve seen this early
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:14 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We always put ours up on the Sunday before Christmas. I think that's early enough. It's meant to be "Christmas" decorations, to make Christmas special.

And we take them down on 6th January, which is officially the end of the Christmas period. (But this year, we'll be taking them down on Xmas Day, because on Boxing Day we'll be off on our validation trip to Perth - yippeeee.)

Gina
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Not got ours up yet,but this year I can't wait!
Took kiddies to see Santa today & got cute photos - bloody £14 & 3 year old has already broken his toy So I told him & was going to tell Santa & he won't get any more :scared:
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:11 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

my tree will be going up soon if only to cheer me up shoulkd have been off to sydney on sunday but bloody buyers are still mucking us about should have been sorted by now long story but lets say i doubt we will be going anywhere till after xmas now.

Poshrice
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:16 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
We always put ours up on the Sunday before Christmas. I think that's early enough. It's meant to be "Christmas" decorations, to make Christmas special.

And we take them down on 6th January, which is officially the end of the Christmas period. (But this year, we'll be taking them down on Xmas Day, because on Boxing Day we'll be off on our validation trip to Perth - yippeeee.)

Gina
What a sane post!! Its November and just because shops decide to extend the period of festive "buying" more each year in an effort to boost sales, I also refuse to do anything decorations wise until mid December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.