Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone got a dv camcorder?

anyone got a dv camcorder?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone got a dv camcorder?

the one that has no film in it,it just downloads on to pc.can anyone give me info,i want to buy one b4 i go to oz.

thanks
sd
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:37 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

My mum has a canon with dv messenger (is that what you mean?). I have just bought a sony handcam with usb streaming (no idea what that means either).
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

They're just at toy standard now. About 30 seconds of grainy picture. Is that what you want?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:39 pm
WBB

Default Re: anyone got a dv camcorder?

Originally posted by sashadan
the one that has no film in it,it just downloads on to pc.can anyone give me info,i want to buy one b4 i go to oz.

thanks
sd

i have one and they are well worth the money, mine has tapes though.

mine is a canon mini dv 600i or something, i would recommend it.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

i want it to record(guessing) 2-3 hrs at a time..

cherry6, r u happy with yours?

is it videotape less??

cheers

sd
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i have one and they are well worth the money, mine has tapes though.

mine is a canon mini dv 600i or something, i would recommend it.

cheers

i want a tapeless type(saves loosing them)

sd
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:45 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Both the canon and sony have tapes (canon has mini ones, sony the larger size). To be honest, I havent tried the sony (only got it yesterday and dont understand it). My mums canon looks good though, easy to set up for the net.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

The only non-tape ones that will do what you want are the new DVD recording ones. The ones with built-in memory aren't anything like up to that job.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:10 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

But do any of you make movies people want to watch. Have you ever had a friend or relative show you an unedited holiday vid and all you wanted to do is sleep?

CHnJ is correct about the non-tape ones. Those that record to digital tape can produce outstanding quality video images but that requires a hell of a lot of storage, hence the tape is needed.

I like Sony goods although they are starting to go down hill now. For imaging products Canon are excellent.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

peterankin is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this one, the price is a bit steep but there are dealers who can get them for around £700, I bough one and well worth the money as you record directly onto the DVD.
Excelent if you want to send movies of your "new life down under" to your friends and family.

http://products.sony.co.uk/productde...?id=11_61_4395

Cheers
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

thanks everyone
i bought a cannon mv600 from comet yesterday for£299.
i'm really happy with it,it is tiny and i can copy movies onto pc,then re-use the tapes.