Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Hey Sam,

welcome to the bay.

Lots of meet ups here - starting with coffee this Thursday morning (not sure of the details but someone will be along to fill you in) and Hoolihans pub meet up at about 5pm this Thursday night for a few beers after work.

Hope to meet you all soon

Kelly
Hi Mrs Kiwi,

Cheers for info, we will try and get down to the Thurs night drinks, do they allow kids in early arvo time??

Cheer Sam
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isle
Morning all,

At this rate Hoollis will have to change to the English pub and serve traditinal Fish & Chips and lots of .

Angela yours shares most have quadrupled by now.

Samlee, Goosefat and another english/oz couple are coming Thursday night so just pop along and meet us you will not be the only newbies.

I know its Fathers day Sunday but does anyone fancy meeting up for a breakfast BQ. ( Late breakfast if it makes life easier ). Maybe those with childen could meet others with children as well. Just an idea.:

Mrs Isle
Hi Isle,

Sounds good, we will def try for Thurs night.....And up for Sunday brecky if it goes off....

Cheers Sam
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Samlee - yes theres usually some of the others there most thurdsdays and kids ok early evening - though just at your table so bring some entertainments for them.

Isle - Can't do brekkie this weekend - big footie tournament for the kids. There may be saturday BBQ tea happening though, sat late afternoon will post more when decided re location etc
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Sam, the family Day Care main number is 4124 9480. They are really helpful and friendly and try to match you with a mum who is close and suitable for your child / you needs. They all meet up and go out to activities every day etc. Give them a call and see if they have anyone available at teh moment!

Brekkie sounds great but I'll be at the soccer gala day too (I'm sooooooo NOT looking forward to it )
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there peeps Just thought i'd drop in and see if yous lot could help us out.We're off to Bundaberg in a couple of weeks time on a camping trip for a few days and thought it might be a better option to stop off in Hervey Bay for a couple of days instead of driving up in one burst Question i pose to you all is have any of you got any recommendations for a hotel / motel for a couple of nights please (preferably within staggering distance of that den of iniquity named HOOLIHANS )and with secure parking just in case any of the locals would like to borrow our camping equipment from the car when we're not looking

Many thanks to you all for any suggestions
Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Hi there peeps Just thought i'd drop in and see if yous lot could help us out.We're off to Bundaberg in a couple of weeks time on a camping trip for a few days and thought it might be a better option to stop off in Hervey Bay for a couple of days instead of driving up in one burst Question i pose to you all is have any of you got any recommendations for a hotel / motel for a couple of nights please (preferably within staggering distance of that den of iniquity named HOOLIHANS )and with secure parking just in case any of the locals would like to borrow our camping equipment from the car when we're not looking

Hi,

We stayed at Jade Waters on the esplanade and have friends staying there at the moment, garage comes with apartment. 2 bedrooms living dining washer/dryer etc, and pool if you are brave enough.
2 minute walk to pub and resturants etc.
They have a web site and prices are good. if you stay 2 nights it is cheaper. Very clean and tidy. We stayed there a month when we 1st arrived.

Hope this helps.

Mrs Isle
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey, anyone up for breakfast on the bbq pit opposite the Torquay Hotel on sunday, 11 ish?

Angela
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bobbyftm

Delfinos hotel is next door to hoolihans they have got fully furnished appartments also secured underground parking

Mr isle
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Delfinos hotel is next door to hoolihans they have got fully furnished appartments also secured underground parking

Mr isle
Thanks very much for the info Mrs Isle
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Hi Folks,
sorry to hijack this thread but just wanted to say hi as im moving to Hervey Bay in 6 weeks!! Yipeeee!!
Its a ten year dream finally becoming reality so i'm very excited.
I've not posted on here for ages as the year in Brissie has been a busy one that has just flown by!
Im moving with my 10 year old son and will be working at Hervey Bay Hospital.
My son will be going to Sandy Straits State School.
I'm really keen to get involved with meet ups etc as i'll be leaving my sister (and best friend) behind in Brisbane.
Cheers, Bobbie
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Dont worry Bobbie we will make you feel very welcome, Charlie too!!!
My son went to Sandy Straits School, now goes to Urangan next door. Nice school. Was very happy there.
Regards
Angela
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mr isle
Thanks Mr Isle ,this is the one we went for in the end and were extremely pleased with it
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:21 am
Just Joined

moroleelee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Im 25 just moved over from the UK, working full time in Hervey Bay and looking to meet new people. I was told by someone that this was a good site to meet people. So would love to find out more about these meet ups?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hello there, and welcome to the Bay!!!
Best place to start is Hoolihans on a Thursday night. There are usually a few of us down there from around 5pm for a couple of hours. You would be very welcome.
Angela
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Ok fed up to the back teeth with telstra/bigpond (again) and looking to change internet provider BUT we can't get ADSL so have to go the wireless/mobile option.

Has anyone out there got any recent experience of wireless providers (ie NOT using the phone lines to get it into your house). Good bad or indifferent - slow times of day -dropouts - cost - coverage on the move etc etc

As far as I know I have the choice of
Bigpond/Telstra
Optus
Virgin (tried them last year and crap! lots of drop outs & v slow speeds despite being 3G!)
Vodafone
Dodo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.