Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Morning Kiwinow,
just to let you know the temp now is 25 degrees and lovely!!!
Angela
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by missdaisymay
If you planning to come shortly i would be booking accommodation very very soon as our population tends to double during the xmas/school holidays andis often booked way ahead. As to camping parks, i wouldnt stray too far from the water as you want to take advantage of cool sea breezes. Theres a couple of lovely parks in point vernon, theres a nice one in Torquay called shelley beach thats a short stroll to the beach. I'm not sure on camping facilities at these parks but if you google caravan parks Point Vernon, you get a map and links to all the caravan parks here.

Donna.
That's one of the reasons we have decided to get up there in the next few weeks - before the holidays start then hopefully we can be into a rental before the 12th when the hols start! Also hearing you on the storm thing have decided to rent an on-site van rather than tent it; we'll be stressed enough looking for a house without proper camping with the boys!!

The flowers sound gorgeous!!

Originally Posted by Lil Lis
Hiya...I have been really busy at work lately...so anyone looking for a rental or house to buy dont forget to come & see me or pm or reply to me....I work at harcourts, have some really great rentals on our books at the moment & getting new properties all the time. If anyone has a facebook page Harcourts Hervey Bay also have one u will also see the team on there as well. Let me know what price range you are looking for & I will keep my eyes open for you all. Vodka & tonic with a slice of lemon is also good
Am furiously looking, there seems to be a lot around at the moment which I'm pleased about!! For the moment we can only go to about 250 (I am going to be a student after all at the grand old age of 33!!!!)but have seen a few that look ok for that! Would prefer to be easy bike ride to uni and beach so Pilba / Point Vernon ticking boxes for that but open to suggestions really! Any areas to avoid like the plauge???? Would love aircon and a dishwasher, but unlikely to happen at that price!!Were you happy with Torquay school - sounds less scary!!!

No dogs for me thanks Angela - got a hubby and 2 boys
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

We might be up for a kitty soon. I presume you have lots of them?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiwinow
We might be up for a kitty soon. I presume you have lots of them?
Loads and its just coming into kitty season. Please buy from us and not a pet shop!!!!!

Angela
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

missdaisymay will become famous soon enough

Angela, i know of someone wanting bull arab cross pup or similar, do you have any
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Wouldn't dream of buying from a petshop. Our two cats are SPCA adoptions and our pup was a case of rescuing from an owner who hadn't a clue.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=clothmama;6916242]

Am furiously looking, there seems to be a lot around at the moment which I'm pleased about!! For the moment we can only go to about 250 (I am going to be a student after all at the grand old age of 33!!!!)[QUOTE]

I'm going to be a student too!! At Wide Bay TAFE at the age of 37!!! Scary!!

I'm going to pm you Lil Lis when I know when we're comin over. Harcourts have a couple of crackers on at Dundowran Beach/Craignish area. Quick question - is there sometimes room for movement on the rental price if you can pay 6-12months cash?

Cheers

Tracy
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tasmas

I'm going to be a student too!! At Wide Bay TAFE at the age of 37!!! Scary!!

Tracy
Hi Tracey, What are you doing at Tafe? I'm hoping to get into nursing at USQ(looking ok at this stage!!). When are you planning on getting to HB?

Tory
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:02 pm
ClairePagani

Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice
Wink Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Hi Tam, Hi Kiwinow,

Thanks for your good wishes and best of luck to you both too. Let us know how you are going once you settle in Hervey Bay.

Claire
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clothmama
Hi Tracey, What are you doing at Tafe? I'm hoping to get into nursing at USQ(looking ok at this stage!!). When are you planning on getting to HB?

Tory
Hi Tory

I'll be studying hairdressing!! Can't wait, its something i've always fancied doing.
Planning on getting there erm maybe late January, sooner would be good though!!.

Tracy
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lil Lis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Safin
Mine go to kawungan which is probably the biggest primary (1000 kids). That said they seem to seperate them quite well on the oval etc and it does make for better sports teams (LOL). It does have a good reputation in the bay but I know large schools don't suit everyone.

Really do think you should get here and go look for yourself and that'll give you the best idea and then ask people about the ones that feel right to YOU.

LIL LIS - do you just do rentals? Or sales too? Not just yet but hopefully willbe looking soon.....
Hi all I am in rentals, however I do have a couple of houses myself for sale LOL if anyone is interested....& yes I agree for a large school Kawungan is a good school & i have heard the same they apparently split the senior part of the primary to the younger grades.....good luck everyone hope to meet up with u all soon!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lil Lis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clothmama
That's one of the reasons we have decided to get up there in the next few weeks - before the holidays start then hopefully we can be into a rental before the 12th when the hols start! Also hearing you on the storm thing have decided to rent an on-site van rather than tent it; we'll be stressed enough looking for a house without proper camping with the boys!!

The flowers sound gorgeous!!

Am furiously looking, there seems to be a lot around at the moment which I'm pleased about!! For the moment we can only go to about 250 (I am going to be a student after all at the grand old age of 33!!!!)but have seen a few that look ok for that! Would prefer to be easy bike ride to uni and beach so Pilba / Point Vernon ticking boxes for that but open to suggestions really! Any areas to avoid like the plauge???? Would love aircon and a dishwasher, but unlikely to happen at that price!!Were you happy with Torquay school - sounds less scary!!!

No dogs for me thanks Angela - got a hubby and 2 boys
Yes i was quite happy with torquay school the kids seemed to settle in really well, & they are very much a community based school & take the kids out to lots of local places for excursions... we have a few rentals coming up in the point vernon/pialba area around november & december but our rental lists change all the time...pity noones here at the moment we have a quite a large 3 bedroom home with huge back yard in pialba area close to shopping centres, transport & schools its on at the moment for $280 but the owner is getting really really desperate!!
cheers
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missdaisymay
Angela, i know of someone wanting bull arab cross pup or similar, do you have any
Hi,
havent got any bull arab pups at the moment, a few staffy crosses and a lovely 12 wk old ridgeback. I will let you know if we get any in . Oh and I know a rotti x pup is coming in on Friday.
Angela
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:10 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lil Lis
Hiya...I have been really busy at work lately...so anyone looking for a rental or house to buy dont forget to come & see me or pm or reply to me....I work at harcourts, have some really great rentals on our books at the moment & getting new properties all the time. If anyone has a facebook page Harcourts Hervey Bay also have one u will also see the team on there as well. Let me know what price range you are looking for & I will keep my eyes open for you all. Vodka & tonic with a slice of lemon is also good

Cheers to you all....
Hi Lil Lis,

Would you by any chance know what the current mortgage situation is.

What amount of deposit is required
What is the loan to income ration i.e. 3 times joint salary etc

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Gillian
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Had some depressing news yesterday and it's not looking good for us reaching HB. The economic problems are everywhere and our house prices are falling. We had hoped to get about $50,000 more for our house than the agents estimation. Houses are selling but only if people drop their price by about 20K, and then of course the public gets the idea that this is the expected price. If we sell it for the price they recommend we will get precisely the amount we paid for it 5 years ago plus the money borrowed to extensively renovate, so we'd come out with only our deposit. We've put so much into it it's all a bit gut wrenching. Now we don't know whether to cut our losses and come away with much less money than we hoped, rent it out and come over with virtually no money at all or forget the idea of moving at all. At this stage it looks like we'll be staying here. Maybe the market will pick up in 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.