Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by Safin
Beach walk at 9.10am tomorrow (Weds) - meet at enzios on esplanade. followed by coffee there around 10 ish.
Morning S.

Would love to but I will be sitting in a room in Brisbane refreshing my self on optics ( and no not mean the alcoholics type).

But I will be thinking of you.

Mrs Isle
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

sorry anyone that showed up - I badly overslept and have just this minute returned from dropping kids off - lost my phone - which I've found battery flat, lost sunglasses which I live in, drop cereal all kitchen floor etc etc - not a good start to the day.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

sorry anyone that showed up - I badly overslept and have just this minute returned from dropping kids off - lost my phone - which I've found battery flat, lost sunglasses which I live in, drop cereal all kitchen floor etc etc - not a good start to the day.
Thank you very much for leaving poor little old me all on my own this morning!!!!!
Not impressed...... felt like Billy no mates!!!!

Oh all right then, I wasnt even there!!!!

Hope you find your sunnies

Angela xx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:26 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cookster
Thank you very much for leaving poor little old me all on my own this morning!!!!!
Not impressed...... felt like Billy no mates!!!!

Oh all right then, I wasnt even there!!!!

Hope you find your sunnies

Angela xx
Oh and there I was beginning to feel really sorry for you!

Only just read Safin's post about the walk so too late for me anyway.

See your girls next time. Hope you found the sunnies Safin

G.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Found everything now thanks. Just a real shi**y day - glad its over. Gotta be a better one tomorrow.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Thursday 8.15am

God who turned the tap on, as if yesterday was not humid enough it's back today, I thought may be it was just Brizzie but I hear it was here as well.

Went for my usual walk this morning and boy was it starting, all I could think about was coming having a dip in the pool, except I do not think I am that brave yet.

Well only another 8.45 minutes till I can chill out, see you ladies and gents later,,,,,,,,,

Mrs Isle

PS welcome to the bay Goosefat.you enjoy living here as much as we do.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, welcome to the bay Goosefat. Hope your flight over was ok. X
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Ditto.
Saving you a seat next Thursday......... mind you not Mandy`s seat as she always seems to get pissed in that one on a Thursday!!!
Sorry Mandy only pulling your leg!!
Angela
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, newbies to the bay, just wondering if you got any meets going on up here???

Just moved up from North Brissy three generations of same family so looking for ideas for some social get togethers for 60's going on 40's/50's... :-0 and 30's and 3 year old.... (any recommendations for a kindy or family day care here???)

Thanks
Sam
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Sam,

welcome to the bay.

Lots of meet ups here - starting with coffee this Thursday morning (not sure of the details but someone will be along to fill you in) and Hoolihans pub meet up at about 5pm this Thursday night for a few beers after work.

Hope to meet you all soon

Kelly
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

coffee? thursday??

I'm hoping to show my face at hoolies thurs about 6.15 ish - no promises

Hi Sam, Condy Park or East st kindergarten are the 2 C&K ones otherwise its attached to one of the church schools for kindy. Best get your name down if oyu want a C&K one as they are always full. I use Condy Park and am quite happy with it for my 4 yr son
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Wow first notification in ages!!! Hope you have all been ok, we have been flat out. J had 2 tooth extractions and huge amounts of pain. Uni very full on - had an exam last week and today and start my 2 weeks prac on Monday (woo hoo!).

Hi Sam and welcome to the bay! I have a 3 year old boy and he was at ELM (Bay Central) day care in Kawungan (they have a kindy room for 4 year olds and a 3 year old room) they are pretty good and have a little pick up bus. I have moved him to family day care and found a fantastic family mum, they are really well organised here and do loads of activities and it is really structured and regulated with a main office that checks up on the mums etc. I'm soooo pleased with it and it is working so well for us. Give us a yell if you want more info!

Have the inlaws (m, d and sis with her little one) arriving in 2.5 weeks so hope to be able to do some Hoolies etc then!!

Take care - not long now until I'll be back in the land of the living (as opposed to student land )!!!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morning all,

At this rate Hoollis will have to change to the English pub and serve traditinal Fish & Chips and lots of .

Angela yours shares most have quadrupled by now.

Samlee, Goosefat and another english/oz couple are coming Thursday night so just pop along and meet us you will not be the only newbies.

I know its Fathers day Sunday but does anyone fancy meeting up for a breakfast BQ. ( Late breakfast if it makes life easier ). Maybe those with childen could meet others with children as well. Just an idea.:

Mrs Isle
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clothmama
Wow first notification in ages!!! Hope you have all been ok, we have been flat out. J had 2 tooth extractions and huge amounts of pain. Uni very full on - had an exam last week and today and start my 2 weeks prac on Monday (woo hoo!).

Hi Sam and welcome to the bay! I have a 3 year old boy and he was at ELM (Bay Central) day care in Kawungan (they have a kindy room for 4 year olds and a 3 year old room) they are pretty good and have a little pick up bus. I have moved him to family day care and found a fantastic family mum, they are really well organised here and do loads of activities and it is really structured and regulated with a main office that checks up on the mums etc. I'm soooo pleased with it and it is working so well for us. Give us a yell if you want more info!

Have the inlaws (m, d and sis with her little one) arriving in 2.5 weeks so hope to be able to do some Hoolies etc then!!

Take care - not long now until I'll be back in the land of the living (as opposed to student land )!!!
Hi clothmama, thanks for the info..Do you have the name of the family day care? My son was in Kindy down in Caboolture, so was thinking of maybe a change and see how he gets on with family day care...DO any of the mums with little ones on here meet up at parks or the beach etc?

Cheers Sam
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

coffee? thursday??

I'm hoping to show my face at hoolies thurs about 6.15 ish - no promises

Hi Sam, Condy Park or East st kindergarten are the 2 C&K ones otherwise its attached to one of the church schools for kindy. Best get your name down if oyu want a C&K one as they are always full. I use Condy Park and am quite happy with it for my 4 yr son
Hi Safin thanks for the info, may see you at hoolies on Thurs..is it every thurs just incase we cant make this one???

Cheers
Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.