British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone got any suggestions on cheap flights to Glasgow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-got-any-suggestions-cheap-flights-glasgow-501827/)

The Reid Family Dec 27th 2007 5:20 am

Anyone got any suggestions on cheap flights to Glasgow

Anyone got any ideas on where I can find cheap flights to Glasgow for end of june/start of july?

Going home to sunny Scotland (okay maybe not that sunny) for a 3 week holiday to see all our family and friends! Really looking forward to it!!

Cheers :D

annqldau Dec 27th 2007 5:49 am

Re: Anyone got any suggestions on cheap flights to Glasgow

Originally Posted by The Reid Family (Post 5707489)
Anyone got any ideas on where I can find cheap flights to Glasgow for end of june/start of july?

Going home to sunny Scotland (okay maybe not that sunny) for a 3 week holiday to see all our family and friends! Really looking forward to it!!

Try price to Newcastle as well as Glasgow, as Emirates now doing there also.

The cheaper the price the less leg room tends to be the norm.

I've always fancied getting one of those round the world tickets and just making UK one of the stop overs or miss it altogether.

The Reid Family Dec 27th 2007 5:59 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5707573)
Try price to Newcastle as well as Glasgow, as Emirates now doing there also.

The cheaper the price the less leg room tends to be the norm.

I've always fancied getting one of those round the world tickets and just making UK one of the stop overs or miss it altogether.

Thanks might just check that out but you wouldnt want to miss it altogether despite what people think or say parts of it are very very beautiful and i do miss home :)

annqldau Dec 27th 2007 6:09 am

Originally Posted by The Reid Family (Post 5707599)
Thanks might just check that out but you wouldnt want to miss it altogether despite what people think or say parts of it are very very beautiful and i do miss home :)

I know I've been but there are also lots of places I haven't been that I would consider spending the money on first. But if you are homesick it's your choice.

The Reid Family Dec 27th 2007 6:12 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5707627)
I know I've been but there are also lots of places I haven't been that I would consider spending the money on first. But if you are homesick it's your choice.

Hey i appreciate what you are saying and yeah i would rather spend the money visiting somewhere else myself to be honest but unfortunately my family and friends are there so a visit is necessary :)

annqldau Dec 27th 2007 6:17 am

Originally Posted by The Reid Family (Post 5707639)
Hey i appreciate what you are saying and yeah i would rather spend the money visiting somewhere else myself to be honest but unfortunately my family and friends are there so a visit is necessary :)

If that's what rings your bell, try some of the not so common airlines like I think it's Malaysia and Japan Airlines, plus sometimes going uncommon routes like via Switzerland and the likes makes it cheaper.

Stitch Dec 27th 2007 7:21 pm

When my sister visited in September from the UK she flew Korean to Heathrow. I think it was about 600 UK pounds. She got a cheap flight to either Edinburgh/Glasgow to get her home. Said it was cheap and cheerful.

Cheers

Ginny

Glasgowlass Dec 27th 2007 8:45 pm

Any room in your suitcase for me??:p

Pollyana Dec 28th 2007 1:00 am

Try www.zuji.com.au

bcworld Dec 28th 2007 1:41 am

I suspect there aint much cheap out there....best I could see was about $2400. Whatever you do.....book up soon! http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html

ps can I come too.....love Wegieland!

The Reid Family Dec 28th 2007 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass (Post 5710009)
Any room in your suitcase for me??:p

Plenty of room :D

The Reid Family Dec 28th 2007 3:45 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 5710707)
I suspect there aint much cheap out there....best I could see was about $2400. Whatever you do.....book up soon! http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html

ps can I come too.....love Wegieland!

Sure no problem :D

Margaret3 Dec 28th 2007 3:49 am

thats wierd, i was thinking the same thing:)

Gibbo Dec 28th 2007 4:52 am

Try www.bestflights.com.au they have some really good deals.

moneypenny20 Dec 28th 2007 8:36 am

I guess it depends on when you're coming back. If you're planning on flying back before the UK schools break up third(ish) week of July you'll find it cheaper than after.