Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone goint to the Pride Parade at Northbridge on Sat?

Anyone goint to the Pride Parade at Northbridge on Sat?

Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:10 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone goint to the Pride Parade at Northbridge on Sat?

Originally Posted by Scossie
Fantastic post mate!
Well said...!

I, like you, am not a racist, & I also think that if you're gay, you're gay!
I don't have a problem with that!

Your point is well taken though...
Personally, I don't have anyone in my circle of friends who is gay, but I did have a beer or 5 recently with a bloke who was gay.
I kind of played Devils Advocate with him, & asked him what he would think if there was a, "It's Great To Be Straight" parade in Perth.
He said that he would find that offencive..

"Why?", I asked.
"Surely, the days that it was taboo to admit that you are gay are long gone?"

I think I am right in that respect.
These days, surely, if you're straight... fine. If you're gay... fine...

I personally find these, "gay pride" parades a bit boring.
I would never think of dancing down the streets of Perth with the intention of informing people that I'm heterosexual!
Having said that, if the gay community of WA want a brilliant excuse for a piss up, then go for it! Knock yourselves out..!!!

Your other point about, "black music" is also well taken.

Just before I left Scotland to come and live in Australia, Radio 1, very proudly and with much fanfare, announced that a sister station was going on air, "purely as a celebration of the wonderful world of black music".

Radio 1, as you'll all know, is run by the BBC.
What do you think would have happened if Radio 1 announced that they were starting up a sister station that would only play white music??
I shudder to think!!!

It's bloody political correctness gone mad!!!

Since I've moved to Australia, I've became friends with loads of people of all different races, creeds, sexualities, & colours.
They are all my MATES!!! End of story...!!!

I totally despise the politically correct brigade!
They sit all day (with no friends) telling us that a manhole now has to be a personhole. A blackboard is now a chalkboard. A Foreman now has to be a Foreperson, etc. etc.

Oh FFS get a life you people!!!
I wish I had the problems that you sad people have!!!
That just about sums it up mate !

I live in a village and there is only one gay !

Like you say who cares .
Old Oct 28th 2005, 11:19 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic post mate!
Well said...!

I, like you, am not a racist, & I also think that if you're gay, you're gay!
I don't have a problem with that!

Your point is well taken though...
Personally, I don't have anyone in my circle of friends who is gay, but I did have a beer or 5 recently with a bloke who was gay.
I kind of played Devils Advocate with him, & asked him what he would think if there was a, "It's Great To Be Straight" parade in Perth.
He said that he would find that offencive..

"Why?", I asked.

I personally find these, "gay pride" parades a bit boring.
I would never think of dancing down the streets of Perth with the intention of informing people that I'm heterosexual!
Having said that, if the gay community of WA want a brilliant excuse for a piss up, then go for it! Knock yourselves out..!!!

Your other point about, "black music" is also well taken.

Just before I left Scotland to come and live in Australia, Radio 1, very proudly and with much fanfare, announced that a sister station was going on air, "purely as a celebration of the wonderful world of black music".

Radio 1, as you'll all know, is run by the BBC.
What do you think would have happened if Radio 1 announced that they were starting up a sister station that would only play white music??
I shudder to think!!!

It's bloody political correctness gone mad!!!

Since I've moved to Australia, I've became friends with loads of people of all different races, creeds, sexualities, & colours.
They are all my MATES!!! End of story...!!!

I totally despise the politically correct brigade!
They sit all day (with no friends) telling us that a manhole now has to be a personhole. A blackboard is now a chalkboard. A Foreman now has to be a Foreperson, etc. etc.

Oh FFS get a life you people!!!
I wish I had the problems that you sad people have!!!
Im a hairdresser(well a barber but i wanted to paint the picture first).
I have worked with many people of that persuasion over 20 yrs in the industry and alot of them camp it up to be noticed as they love the attention, but each to their own, and i dont give a toss unless one makes a pass like they did in a toilet on canal street in manchester the other week!!!
I didnt care, was a little embarrassed and flattered too in a way.

Live and let live and who is to say that we arent the ones with too many genes instead of not enough??

I hope aus is a bit more laid back to political correctness that the uk as described above about manholes(oooeeerrr) and the like!!

Enjoy the pride, and i bet we all wish we were a little more gay in one way or another!!

alk

Last edited by alkristensen; Oct 28th 2005 at 11:21 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:33 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic post mate!
Well said...!

!
unfortunately Scossie as some idiots on here have proved, not everyone is as enlightened as you,

There is a lot of homophobia / discrimination still around. Pride marches are not only a great excuse for a P*ss up, but a way for people who live in more sheltered areas to get together, realise they are not the only gays on earth.

Pride marches raise the profile of homosexuality, to show people its not something to scared of, to be ashamed of.

Also there are still a lot of rights that we dont have, and more and more rights being denied to us.

When straight people have laws written to purposely discriminate against them, when they are used as targets, maybe then they should have a pride march...
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
unfortunately Scossie as some idiots on here have proved, not everyone is as enlightened as you,

There is a lot of homophobia / discrimination still around. Pride marches are not only a great excuse for a P*ss up, but a way for people who live in more sheltered areas to get together, realise they are not the only gays on earth.

Pride marches raise the profile of homosexuality, to show people its not something to scared of, to be ashamed of.

Also there are still a lot of rights that we dont have, and more and more rights being denied to us.

When straight people have laws written to purposely discriminate against them, when they are used as targets, maybe then they should have a pride march...
Nicely said, i cant continue with this thread as it does upset me, i am very proud of my son who is gay, he works with e homeless in lONDON, DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSERS, I asked for people to end this as i new it would get like this, so this is my personal message, my son is in Perth at the moment visiting the drug rhabs there ,hoping to work there in the future, he is one in A MILLION, WHETHER HE IS GAY OR STRAIGHT, AS THEY SAY, Denise [cranni]
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
Nicely said, i cant continue with this thread as it does upset me, i am very proud of my son who is gay, he works with e homeless in lONDON, DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSERS, I asked for people to end this as i new it would get like this, so this is my personal message, my son is in Perth at the moment visiting the drug rhabs there ,hoping to work there in the future, he is one in A MILLION, WHETHER HE IS GAY OR STRAIGHT, AS THEY SAY, Denise [cranni]
Don't let them get to you babe. You will unfortunately never get through to such tiny minds, they are too small to absorb intelligent, open minded information.

You go and have fun and I wish I was there with you.

Much love,

Vics xx
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:24 am
Just Joined

ellenmyfanwy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
hey cranni...my eldest son is gay too...he is gorgeous and we are proud of him.
keep smiling..you have a great attitude to life.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
Will Queers burn in hell? Or not. What do you think?

Keel
Maida Vale - we lived there too. thought no one else lived there
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares whether people are gay or not. We live in a very harsh and uncaring world, where other humans are starving or suffering untold horrors. If two people can be together and give each other some love, comfort, caring and sharing then what does it matter their gender. Maybe if people learned to be more tolerant and caring of each other, despite their differences, then this world would be a much better place for everyone.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BazzaMatthews
You'll be sadly dissappointed then if one of them turns out to be gay!

You sad sad individual - Of course there is a lot of evidence that suggests most homophobics (which you obviously are) act the way they do as overcompensation for there own homoerotic fantasies. These are the scientific findings of physchologists by the way, not something I have made up!

This was demonstrated in a recent case where a transexual was brutally murdered by three thugs (obviously with similar neandhertal tendencies to your good self) - it turns out that the ringleader had slept with the victim quite willingly! So you see when you make cheap stupid remarks like that you should perhaps think of the consequences.

If I were you I would quietly crawl away before you make an even bigger pr*ck of yourself!

Barry.
Dissappointed no. Gutted yes. They would be kicked straight out of the house.
And physchologists what do they know? Why is it that if someone has a different opinion to you they are neanderthals. My views are my own that I have come to by my own thought process and I know the majority of the population agree with me.

Keel
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:59 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Dissappointed no. Gutted yes. They would be kicked straight out of the house.
And physchologists what do they know? Why is it that if someone has a different opinion to you they are neanderthals. My views are my own that I have come to by my own thought process and I know the majority of the population agree with me.

Keel
you have a thought process? christ proof once again, that god likes to play nasty jokes.

I know the majority of the population agree with me.

Keel
yep.. and thats why we keep laughing at idiots like you...
Old Oct 29th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

you have a thought process? christ proof once again, that god likes to play nasty jokes.

yep.. and thats why we keep laughing at idiots like you...
Am I an idiot because I disagree with you or that you cannot handle somebody disagreeing with you?

You mention God in your little tirade (twice) if you believed in him you would know that being queer is wrong.

Keel
Old Oct 29th 2005, 5:21 pm
chilled member

You mention God in your little tirade (twice) if you believed in him you would know that being queer is wrong.

Keel
Oh you know god personally?..does he speak to you?
Old Oct 29th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh you know god personally?..does he speak to you?
Now who is winding who up? Yes I believe in God. Do you?

Do Iknow him personally? I hope so.

Keel
Old Oct 29th 2005, 5:43 pm
chilled member

Now who is winding who up? Yes I believe in God. Do you?

Do Iknow him personally? I hope so.

Keel
its nice to know that you personally speak for your god...

bet he's well pleased to have you spread his love...

oh, just been looking through your postings.. and found these little gems
By the way I'm a skinhead.

Keel

Keel

In England I was a bigot in a sea of multiculturfism

Keel
whilst I would like to carry on this "conversation" I cant be arsed to waste good energy on such a Bigotted twat...

Last edited by sloake; Oct 29th 2005 at 5:51 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I an idiot because I disagree with you or that you cannot handle somebody disagreeing with you?

Keel
Christ was son of God, word of God. He made no mention at all of peoples sexuality right or wrong.

Funny how if most people are supposed to agree with you, that you are the only one on this thread with that opinion darling x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.