Reload this Page >

"Anyone going to sydney"

"Anyone going to sydney"

Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Anyone going to sydney"

Hi

Now were in the swing of this forum lark.......we are hoping to get to Sydney in december for a first visit to organise accomodation and hopefully do interviews. Is anyone else arriving december to March time.. It would be good to make a few friends before we get there.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Carol & Barry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Anyone going to sydney"

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hi

Now were in the swing of this forum lark.......we are hoping to get to Sydney in december for a first visit to organise accomodation and hopefully do interviews. Is anyone else arriving december to March time.. It would be good to make a few friends before we get there.
Hi guys I leave for Sydney 5th October and Carol & Cassie (daughter) leave end of December. Will be a pleaseure to hear from you and keep in contact Barry
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carol & Barry
Hi guys I leave for Sydney 5th October and Carol & Cassie (daughter) leave end of December. Will be a pleaseure to hear from you and keep in contact Barry
Hi

Good to hear from some one who is going to Sydney....everyone sems to be Melbourne/Brisbane or Perth!!.

Do you have a job to go to? What do you do for a living? Do you have family to go to? Where are you planning to live?
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Carol & Barry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Good to hear from some one who is going to Sydney....everyone sems to be Melbourne/Brisbane or Perth!!.

Do you have a job to go to? What do you do for a living? Do you have family to go to? Where are you planning to live?
Hi No job (need to be there with visa) I am in the shipping/logistics/customs clearance profession. Yes. Sister on Central Coast in Woy Woy. Live ? unsure at the moment ! Depends on work/commuting distance Barry How about u
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:09 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future
Default Sydney

Hiya

We are hoping to be in the Sydney area by next Augist. You guys can go ahead and suss it all out for us !!

Vixen
Sydney August 2004....hopefully
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am already here. Good to see some people coming to Sydney. I thought everyone was going to Bris, Adelaide (***k knows why) and Perth.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

foxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carol & Barry
arriving sydney30th dec,but only staying for the new year party
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:25 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Hi

Hi

Finally others that are going to Sydney. My husband started working over there at the beginning of July and we (myself and 2 daughters) hope to join him in the next couple of months - if the sale of the house goes through OK.

We have never been out to Australia before but knew that we needed to do something with our lives so when this job came up in Sydney we jumped at the chance. Dave has been having a good look round and we are hoping to find somewhere to live in the Ryde or St Ives area.

Where do you all live - maybe we could organise a Sydney gathering before we go?

Kim
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bondipom
I am already here. Good to see some people coming to Sydney. I thought everyone was going to Bris, Adelaide (***k knows why) and Perth.
Cannot speak for others but I'd love to live in Sydney, but the reason is simple COST. I'd just be jumping back into the rat race I've escaped from in the UK, and I didn't even live in London or it's burbs.
Brisbane is less than an hours flight away and returns fares are about $150 or less, cheap enough for a day trip.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Living in Sydney at the moment and have been here since January ’03. Living with partner and our 3 year old son in West Pymble – about 20km north of CBD, and near St Ives. Would be happy to meet up with anyone arriving for a drink to chat about the place and offer advice if I can.

Perhaps we should plan a Dec/Jan gathering.

Last edited by dracupg; Sep 19th 2003 at 2:35 am.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:03 am
Hello Sydney Oct 1

amaslam is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking There on Oct 1

I'm going to be in Sydney in in 2 weeks (~Oct 1)

Settling there by myself. Have a job (same company transferred to AU office). On a 4 yr work Visa, but will apply for PR - skilled or ENS once I'm there. Don't expect problems with that.

Will be living in Dee Why - North Shore (been checking apartments for a while now, will be inspecting as soon as I get there).

Office here is sending a good portion of my personal items (no furniture, mostly books, papers). Clothes and basics I'm taking with me on the flight.

Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:18 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: There on Oct 1

Hi
We arrive in Sydney in late November. Staying friends in Sylvania for a few weeks before renting around Bronti. Working hard to find job thru agents and I am flying out in October for a series of interviews. Commitment seems to work!
Would be great to meet up with a few Poms early on!

Dinky
Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: There on Oct 1

Originally posted by Dinky
Hi
We arrive in Sydney in late November. Staying friends in Sylvania for a few weeks before renting around Bronti. Working hard to find job thru agents and I am flying out in October for a series of interviews. Commitment seems to work!
Would be great to meet up with a few Poms early on!

Dinky
Rental property round Bronte is in high demand and low quality. Good luck if you can get it.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

montagt is an unknown quantity at this point

Sydney bound (if that Visa ever arrives).....

My Wife Julie and the 3 kids plan to go out to Sydney in March 04. I was hoping to have the visa around now but no word as of yet. I submitted the requested police reports and medicals at the end of June beginning of July........still waiting...

Until I get my Visa I cannot apply for work as of yet but It doesnt stop me looking on the job websites.

Still waiting.........

Tom
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I sent my medicals / police checks back in July, sent an email to immigration last week and they said I should receive a VISA letter from the immigration department in the next 'few weeks'.... All I gotta do now is sell my bloody house :-(

If the house sells in time, I'll be looking to spend Xmas with my family in the UK, then head out to Sydney around the 27th (ish) to get to sydney in time for NYE.

Its my birthday on 1st Jan, and my friends in Sydney have hired a party boat in the harbour to watch the fireworks & have a booze up. Cant wait.

Gonna stay in Bondi with friends for a while, then probably backpack around Oz for a few months before getting a job in Sydney (I'm in IT, C# etc...). Bring it on !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.