Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Brisbane?

Anyone going to Brisbane?

Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:47 am
Just Joined

JennyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone going to Brisbane?

I'm just curious - Who of you are going to Brisbane? Where are you planning on staying when you first get there and why?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:57 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Brisbane?

Hi JennyB

Me and my girlfriend are planning on heading to Brisbane next year.

She is from Brisbane and we aim to move to the Indooroopilly area (Taringa, Toowong etc).
As that is where she knows and has originally lived their, and all her friends are located in that area to.

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by JennyB
I'm just curious - Who of you are going to Brisbane? Where are you planning on staying when you first get there and why?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are moving to Brisbane in two weeks! :scared:

We are also headed for Taringa initially (small world!), we have rented an apartment there via the University of Queensland as I am lecturing and studying there. We have only taken on a 3 month let to give us time to choose where we really want to be.

We are interested in looking at West End, Paddington and Milton.

Rachel
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:57 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by rachels
Hi

We are also headed for Taringa initially (small world!), we have rented an apartment there via the University of Queensland as I am lecturing and studying there. We have only taken on a 3 month let to give us time to choose where we really want to be.

Rachel
Yeah, Brisbane next year (although it seems a lifetime away at the moment). Quite fancy Indooroopilly area as well.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:25 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey!!!

Seems like a popular area.

West End is also very nice as her brother lives their.
Spent quite a lot of time at his apartment when we were in Brissy in July.
Very handy for the City Cat to.

TT

Hi

Rachel
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:43 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Off to Springfield at first to stay with Brother while we look for somewhere to buy / rent, I still find it funny that he lives in Springfield but he never watched the Simpsons so he doesn't get it!!!! Anyway all of us who hope to be there this time next year should have a meet up once we get out there, then at least those without family will know somebody.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

It will come around quickly Chippy! It seemed like a lifetime to me too and all of a sudden its two weeks away, I know its a cliche but it really does fly by.

I'm really keen on West End, although not sure what its like price - wise, do you know TT?

If anyone has any questions about Brisbane, give me a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be able to help!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:22 am
Go the BNE Roar

Hi Rach

Couldnt give you a definate answer on prices in the West End.
When we were looking it was $200,000 plus for 2/3 bed units.
But like most other desirable areas in Brissy its on the way up and doesnt look like slowing down at the moment.
But it is a nice area with lots of good eating places close by, good links with its own city cat stop etc.
Its certainly on out short list for places to buy.

Cheers

TT

It will come around quickly Chippy! It seemed like a lifetime to me too and all of a sudden its two weeks away, I know its a cliche but it really does fly by.

I'm really keen on West End, although not sure what its like price - wise, do you know TT?

If anyone has any questions about Brisbane, give me a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be able to help!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Cheers TT.

It does look a great place to live although another poster on here told me that because there are lots of trees, there are also LOTS of bugs! So will have to check it out when I get there and see if I can live with the beasties.

Agree with Leanda that us Brisbane bound types should have a get together next year, it'll be fun to catch up.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bugs

Doesn't matter where you live this place is full of bugs. Remember to check your shoes.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi Jenny,

We leave for Brisbane on 28 November. Jesus that doesn't sound that long to get everthing organised! We will proberbly be based around the Bayside burbs as we have found a pretty good school for the ancle bitters in Ormiston.

Cheers

Mark
Old Sep 10th 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Anamws is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, husband and I are hoping to move towards end of year to brisbane. Will probably be locating a bit further away from centre as we have been offered some land from relies in Lowood which is a small village in the middle of nowhere, but have been told that it will start building up in the coming years.

Ana
Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:27 pm
Go the BNE Roar

Hi Rach/Leanda

Sounds a good idea that we all should meet once we get settled in Brissy.
Keep me informed of any dates although I probably wont be their until Christmas next year due to my girlfriend working over here until then.

And dont worry to much I was over for 3.5 weeks in July and didnt see 1 bug, snake etc at all, pretty disappointing really.

TT

Cheers TT.

It does look a great place to live although another poster on here told me that because there are lots of trees, there are also LOTS of bugs! So will have to check it out when I get there and see if I can live with the beasties.

Agree with Leanda that us Brisbane bound types should have a get together next year, it'll be fun to catch up.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi JennyB
we are off to Brisbane just as soon we get our TRA back and our visa application, medicals etc. sorted!

We like the look of Samford, Victoria Point, Redland Bay areas, any info on these places would be handy!
best wishes
rach & family
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

suec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doub
Hi Jenny,

We leave for Brisbane on 28 November. Jesus that doesn't sound that long to get everthing organised! We will proberbly be based around the Bayside burbs as we have found a pretty good school for the ancle bitters in Ormiston.

Cheers

Mark

How did you find out about schools first? Have you already been out visiting all schools or was it reccomended? And what's it like getting your children registered? God, so many questions........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.