Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone getting lucky

Is anyone getting lucky

Old Jul 4th 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Default Is anyone getting lucky

I have been calling around private schools for my daughter for next year and all of them I have called tell me they are full - what are others doing - getting a bit worried..
Old Jul 4th 2005, 2:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone getting lucky

Originally Posted by capacity
I have been calling around private schools for my daughter for next year and all of them I have called tell me they are full - what are others doing - getting a bit worried..
Sorry to have to tell you this, but most of the more reasonably prived private schools have waiting lists as long as your arm.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

I have paid $700 so far to get both boys down for 'decent' schools, and I haven't finished yet. We just don't know where we're going to be in 2009 and 2010 (yes you read that right :scared: ) so we're going for the belt and braces approach. Stupidly we didn't budget for it as we hadn't found this site before!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I have paid $700 so far to get both boys down for 'decent' schools, and I haven't finished yet. We just don't know where we're going to be in 2009 and 2010 (yes you read that right :scared: ) so we're going for the belt and braces approach. Stupidly we didn't budget for it as we hadn't found this site before!

I was told this morning to register my daughter for high school 2014 - I mean please - who knows where we will be then - I want school for January not the next millenium - so where are your boys at school now.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I've spent well over a grand myself for : Wesley College; St Marks, Hillarys; St Stephens, Carramar;
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road

We put our two girls names down well over two years ago whilst on a validation trip. The ironic thing was that thay could on that day actually offer us the places. If not then it would be in 7 years plus time...possibly. We bit the bullet and actually started paying the fees, now our journey to emigrate has been full of pitfalls and delays and its only now we can actually plan to go in September this year!
So we have been paying for a fabulous private school whilst our kids go to state school here !!!!!
We have visited the school since that inital visit to keep in contact and they can't believe we still want to pay for a school we don't attend!!! They must think we are loaded and have more money than sense!!!! (We expect there to be a bench or somrthing named after us when we eventually arrive!)
BUT I have been very aware of the private school situation and really felt for us it was important to secure these places so for us when we do emigrate the kids education factor is something we feel very satisfied with!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Hi

Was wondering why people need private schools so much in Australia. I've only skimmed the surface and it seems that the ordinary schools are fine. I thought we'd try out the normal schools first, choose a private one and reserve a place for when it's available and if she's happy in her normal school leave her where she is.

If I'm missing a trick please let me know it's just I've not heard anything yet that leads me to worry about Australian education.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 8:05 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

completely irrelevant to the info you are looking for........but just had to say i thought you were asking something completely different!!!!!!

.....must drag my mind out of the gutter!

good luck,

sue