Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone flown Lauda Air Sydney-Heathrow ?

anyone flown Lauda Air Sydney-Heathrow ?

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:16 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone flown Lauda Air Sydney-Heathrow ?

This flight has about a 2 hr stop in Kuala Lumpur. Does anyone know if I can get off this plane for the 2 hr stopover, I dont fancy 21.5hrs on the plane.
Also is anyone else flying Lauda on feb 24 from sydney, departs 18:35

Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone flown Lauda Air Sydney-Heathrow ?

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
This flight has about a 2 hr stop in Kuala Lumpur. Does anyone know if I can get off this plane for the 2 hr stopover, I dont fancy 21.5hrs on the plane.

Thanks
My cousin flew them last year and he texted me from the departure lounge so I guess that means they do boot you off. He was generally satisfied with the service although the snow at Vienna was a shock for him after summer in Sydney.

Just a quick thought for you Luke. Have you thought about doing your Oz police check before you depart?
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

I would have thought that you'd be allowed off the plane, in fact most airlines encourage it. What they normally do is for passengers in transit, they hand out transit cards as you enter the terminal,and you just hand these back in when you re-board the aircraft.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:24 pm
Merlot

Default Never Flown

Hi there

Never flown them but my hubby's bosses fly them all the time (From Sydney) to Europe and they are VERY fussy folk! I am guessing they do it all First Class but it must mean they trust them.

Good luck with your applications and things, you deserve a break.

Merlot

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:30 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info bp
No, I hadnt thought about the oz police check but then again, my plans are to work in uk for a few months, return to oz marry and apply in person in sydney for spouse visa so I thought I would get the oz check done at that time.
I already had the uk check done but seeing as its over a year old I will have to get another one I assume.
Of course theres always a risk that immigration might stop and ask me if I planned to stay more than a year but its not likely. I have made 5 or six trips here in the last 2 years I dont see any problems.
Some here say its better to apply from the uk but for me Id just rather do it in person when I get back and while Im gone my partner can do her paperwork and get stat decs etc. Also I have to get a med done for my canadian son so Im planning a trip to oz for when I get back to get the meds out of the way.

Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:37 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you were going to apply in the UK hence the thought. The check took me less than 2 weeks last August.

I guess you realise you can go de-facto as well as spouse. You will need another UK police check but they seem to be getting done very quickly.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you have to get off the plane - all to do with refuelling rules. The connection in Vienna is quite tight too, from what I remember, so don't hang around!
They were a fantastic airline to fly with, I'd put them second only to Cathay, and the blokes seemed to enjoy the fact that the cabin crew girls wear figure-hugging tight black jeans, and red waistcoats!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
It used to be Lauda air only part of the way then Austrian airlines.I think it is a codeshare arragement (or it used to be).
Some friends went with them not long ago and it was fine.Tight stopovers though.
I am sure you could arrange a whole day or more stopover if you want.

G
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They're actually now the same airline - Nikki Lauda sold his airline to Austrian about 2 years ago, so although they operate under different names still, and codeshare flight numbers, they are owned by the same company.