Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever flown Eva Air?

Anyone ever flown Eva Air?

Old May 10th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone ever flown Eva Air?

Its the cheapest one way for me from London to Brisbane in September apparently. Anybody got any horror stories or good experiences to share? I've never even heard of them! Bad sign I think...?!
Old May 10th 2006, 8:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever flown Eva Air?

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Its the cheapest one way for me from London to Brisbane in September apparently. Anybody got any horror stories or good experiences to share? I've never even heard of them! Bad sign I think...?!
Nothing wrong with them.

They are quite a big airline and have been around quite a long time.

Regular carrier between London and Bangkok.

G
Old May 10th 2006, 8:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Nothing wrong with them.

They are quite a big airline and have been around quite a long time.

Regular carrier between London and Bangkok.

G
they are owned by one of the biggest consortium groups in the world, 'Evergreen'. used to work in the long haul travel industry for nearly 20 years, and eva air had a good reputation ( although i havent worked in the industry for 4 1/2 years now). what fare have you got?
Old May 10th 2006, 8:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Look here:

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

G
Old May 10th 2006, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

eva air has been around since the early 1990's and are based in taiwan i believe and i know they have alliances with major carriers...i've not personally flown with them but a few friends of ours have and i've always heard good reports.
Old May 10th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
they are owned by one of the biggest consortium groups in the world, 'Evergreen'. used to work in the long haul travel industry for nearly 20 years, and eva air had a good reputation ( although i havent worked in the industry for 4 1/2 years now). what fare have you got?
That sounds okay then. One way around 21 Sep being quoted £436 through Eva, with the next nearest being Korean at £451. That sound good?
Old May 10th 2006, 9:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

That sounds okay then. One way around 21 Sep being quoted £436 through Eva, with the next nearest being Korean at £451. That sound good?
Korean!!! :scared:

G
Old May 10th 2006, 9:04 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

mm. not bad, have you got any other quotes yet, with say singapore/emirates/malaysian?

eva air are good, i would fly with them. are you going straight through with no stopover?
Old May 10th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just suggested the possibility to my mum and she has hit the roof. Said if I want to die young that's up to me, I am old enough to make my own mind up!! Said all my luggage will probably go missing and an engine will fall off! Very reassuring!

Not that she had ever heard of them either!!
Old May 10th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
mm. not bad, have you got any other quotes yet, with say singapore/emirates/malaysian?

eva air are good, i would fly with them. are you going straight through with no stopover?
Emirates and Singapore about £550, Malaysian just under £500. Yup going straight through. So many I have looked at like Virgin Atlantic, Air NZ, Cathay and Emirates add another 10 hours or so to your trip waiting for connections which I'm keen to avoid if possible.
Old May 10th 2006, 9:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

I've just suggested the possibility to my mum and she has hit the roof. Said if I want to die young that's up to me, I am old enough to make my own mind up!! Said all my luggage will probably go missing and an engine will fall off! Very reassuring!

Eva air are a well respected BIG airline.

You have probably never heard of them because the bulk of their flights are in the East and to the US (they are based in Taiwan), they are also a major cargo airline.

They have more (and newer) planes than many of the better known (in the UK) airlines.

G
Old May 10th 2006, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked on www.asda-travel.co.uk they search for the cheapest flights.
Old May 10th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WendyC
Have you looked on www.asda-travel.co.uk they search for the cheapest flights.
Yup - thats where I got the Eva quote from

Well thats quite reassuring. Will do a bit more research on seat pitch etc.
Old May 10th 2006, 9:13 pm
Never going back

Emirates and Singapore about £550, Malaysian just under £500. Yup going straight through. So many I have looked at like Virgin Atlantic, Air NZ, Cathay and Emirates add another 10 hours or so to your trip waiting for connections which I'm keen to avoid if possible.

whats your transit time at taiwan?

as grayling has said, eva air are really really okay. the safety record is one of the best in the world. ignore your mum
Old May 10th 2006, 9:18 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Korean!!! :scared:

G

Oh yep , they're the ones with the very varied main meal selection ... choose from crispy fried cat or dog cakes with rice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.