Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by hannash
its a simpler life were after, relations that live ther have told us theve no were near as much material stuff because there out of the house that much they wouldnt have the time to make use of it, here you just throw money at stuff to make up for poor life style and dark wet winters ,kids just hibernate for 5to6 months had enough of that .
I agree, and to be honest, have never really thought about it that way, you've really hit the nail on the head there!!! lol

Melbourne hopefully, but will decide closer to the time, as @ the moment it all just seems to be more of a dream than anything....seeing is believing and all that, and I doubt I'll be seeing any progress on my visa app for quite some time to come!

Is your agent here in NI? They proving to be any good as yet?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

she's an aus girl running her buisness in co .kildare, no news yet on da visa, just didnt fancy doing all application and getting something wrong, were 175 modl or whatever you call it we could be here another yesr also
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:46 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

she's an aus girl running her buisness in co .kildare, no news yet on da visa, just didnt fancy doing all application and getting something wrong, were 175 modl or whatever you call it we could be here another yesr also
Whats yours and your partners jobs? If you dont mind me asking....
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

im a bricklayer my wife works in the hospital ,the winters seem to be getting longer so going to try somewere different,
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

im a bricklayer my wife works in the hospital ,the winters seem to be getting longer so going to try somewere different,
Oh, oops, I thought I was talking to the wife! Brickie eh...great opportunities in Aussieland for yourself, and also for your wife working in a hospital.... Would love to be on the CSL or MODL or even to be able to be sponsored by a state, but that's not gonna happen, so GSM175 really long wait visa it is lol
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

hey there jen has there been many people on this forum from ni left latley ,ther seems to be thousands of english going every week
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

fuuny i should have known once the shopping questions started
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:03 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

hey there jen has there been many people on this forum from ni left latley ,ther seems to be thousands of english going every week
Yeah, I just wish I'd got in sooner, before the priority processing came in on the 1st Jan, there's that hindsight thing again, GRR lol
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

fuuny i should have known once the shopping questions started
Wish I'd the funds to shop, tis my birthday on Thurs though and I've asked for Next and DP vouchers, so YAY...roll on thurs lol
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

ive got a cousin moved to north brisbane 8 months ago with 2 chillder ,after a visit to get a nosey 2 tears ago he was convinced he was going,he is not ofr returning to these shores
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

ive got a cousin moved to north brisbane 8 months ago with 2 chillder ,after a visit to get a nosey 2 tears ago he was convinced he was going,he is not ofr returning to these shores
I mean dont get me wrong, I love it over here, I did my teacher training in england and hated every minute of it! But NI is a class wee spot, just wish it didn't p*ss it down so much of the bl**dy year lol
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:29 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the presence of Pommes here is huge , every second accent on the news is a pomme
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zambia
Yes the presence of Pommes here is huge , every second accent on the news is a pomme

We are from Ballymena and left in Oct, Mark and Gill are from Larne and leave next week and so does Camacazi and the Murrays and the fourofus are all from NI and left last year...................

Hope you hear about your visa sometime soon its a long process but its worthit

Nadine
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

lynn 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
New to the site! Have been reading through and see lots of people dealing with the same issues, so realise i'm not alone.

I'm Lynn, we have applied for a 175 skilled visa. We are hoping to move to Perth. We have 3 kids 17 , 5 and 4 year old.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynn 5
Hi All
New to the site! Have been reading through and see lots of people dealing with the same issues, so realise i'm not alone.

I'm Lynn, we have applied for a 175 skilled visa. We are hoping to move to Perth. We have 3 kids 17 , 5 and 4 year old.

Welcome Lynn, I'm Lynn too How far on are you with the process? We moved out to the Sunshine Coast last September, it's beautiful but I'm finding it hard to get work. OH is working so that's a blessing.

Off to bed now, OH starts at 5am and I have to drive him there so it's an early start for me too

Best of luck,

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.