Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi caroline
yes we did paper application it does take longer, about 8 months. The sooner you and Darren and kids get over the better. It makes you think that its all meant to be, remember Mark had no work for months before we came over. Things arent as bad over here. Darren should get plenty of work. Its a good time for you, the grant has increased for buying a new home which will be good news for you, as you will be in the postition to buy. house prices are starting to fall also.
Are you all ready for xmas, maybe you will hear before xmas, that would be nice surprize, we heard the week before xmas.
Talk to you soon
siobhan
hi siobhan

yeah, that would be great if we got it before xmas.

you and lynne really seem to be loving it there, can't wait to join you!!

went to another friends leaving do last night, her and her family are going to sydney on a sponsored visa!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=the4ofus;7000937]
Originally Posted by the murrays
HI lynn
hows it going
went to hairdressers last week, it was also a disaster, she cut my hair all crooked, no wonder hair dressers are in demand here, as most of them or crap.
Weather here great, we had 1 day of rain, what did you think of brisbane, glad were not there.
The clubs are great for children arent they, at least you dont need to get a baby sitter, although you might not think it but you will miss the pubs from home, as they are different, they have better atmosphere, even the ozzies have commented on our pubs in Ireland. Not that I go to many pubs at home, but there is a real difference, they have no character here, and everyone leaves early. In saying that I had my first late night last saturday, we left for home around 2.30, though I was partying back home.

Its still great though I love it and wished I had moved years ago.

Its to hot for me just off to the beach to cool off.
Peter is a real surf kid now, you think he lived here all his life, even letting his hair grow long again.

Hi Siobhan,

Just watched Australian Idol - have you been watching it? I'm glad Wes won altho Luke was very good too

Well, my hair turned out ok, I went to an English girl's house and she did it (cost half the price of a hairdresser's too).

Really Paul and I didn't go a lot at home - together anyway - so we enjoy going out here even if it is to the RSL. Didn't go out last night as Paul was off work sick but we got a dvd out. Spent the day on Noosa beach today - beautiful anf there were no big crashing waves so Cora was able to go swimming in the water - she loved it. She normally steers clear of the water cos the waves tend to scare her

Chloe seems to be settling pretty well now, we haven't seen her all weekend, she's been at a friends house sleeping over.

Anyway, keep enjoying and take care,

Lynn xx
Hi lynn
missed idol tonight.
noosa is lovely, we went up to agnes water and 1770, great day, are you all set for xmas, I can hardly think about it as I still feel on holidays, have you got a job yet, or are you going to wait till after xmas?
Thats good that your older daughter is settling in, it takes them a bit longer than the younger ones.

Talk to you soon
siobhan
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Im really please that you are all enjoying it over there, we just cant wait to get there, if only someone would buy my beautiful house lol!!!!!

We have all our accommodation booked for our holiday. We are staying in Surfers from 23rd to 27th March, the up to Bundy until 2nd of April, we have rented a 4bed2bath house for the week with a pool too!!!! So barbie at ours when we are there lol !!!!!! Then we are staying in Maroochydore from 2nd to 8th in an apartment so we can arrange a meet up there too Lynn, will swop mobile numbers and get something organised nearer the time

Chat soon

Gill
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:47 am
mjl
Just Joined

mjl is an unknown quantity at this point

BELFAST FAMILY

trying to find out if anyone from northern ireland has moved out to the sunshine coast. my family and i have been living here since september and so far its a great place we used to live in victoria but after 18 months got homesick and went back to not so sunny belfast for 8 months needless to say didnt last long. so would be great to talk to someone up here as everyone seems to be going to perth!

Last edited by mjl; Dec 7th 2008 at 5:58 am.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mjl
BELFAST FAMILY

trying to find out if anyone from northern ireland has moved out to the sunshine coast. my family and i have been living here since september and so far its a great place we used to live in victoria but after 18 months got homesick and went back to not so sunny belfast for 8 months needless to say didnt last long. so would be great to talk to someone up here as everyone seems to be going to perth!

Hi mjl,

We are from Bangor/Newtownards and have also been here on the sunny coast since September. We are living in Buderim, where are you? Do you have kids? We have 2 girls - 13 & 6. Are you enjoying this swealtering weather? Its so bloody hot!!!!

Get back to me and we could arrange to meet up.

Lynn xx
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:47 am
mjl
Just Joined

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi mjl,

We are from Bangor/Newtownards and have also been here on the sunny coast since September. We are living in Buderim, where are you? Do you have kids? We have 2 girls - 13 & 6. Are you enjoying this swealtering weather? Its so bloody hot!!!!

Get back to me and we could arrange to meet up.

Lynn xx
hi lynn

mjl here (michelle), we are in buderim also we have also 2 girls one just turned 4 and our other daughter is 6. yes your right it is roasting its takes a bit of getting used to and this is only the start.would love to meet up let me know when and where.

michelle xo
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mjl
hi lynn

mjl here (michelle), we are in buderim also we have also 2 girls one just turned 4 and our other daughter is 6. yes your right it is roasting its takes a bit of getting used to and this is only the start.would love to meet up let me know when and where.

michelle xo
will pm you my number, phone me to arrange something

Lynn xx
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:52 pm
mjl
Just Joined

will pm you my number, phone me to arrange something

Lynn xx
ok will check mich
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

hi all, just seeing how everyone here and in oz is doing, hope you all had a nice xmas?
no sign of visa yet but hopefully not long now!?

Happy New Year everyone
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

just thought i would get the old thread goin again!
i'm sure there's some new northern irelanders on here.

incase no ones heard yet...................WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!
Flights booked today , we leave 22nd march
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Awwwwwwww brill

It will be lovely to see you.

Enjoy your time left, it goes by soooooooooo quickly.

Lynn xx
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Awwwwwwww brill

It will be lovely to see you.

Enjoy your time left, it goes by soooooooooo quickly.

Lynn xx
thanks lynn

so much to do so little time

in a few months hopefully we'll be sorted
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:09 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi

Congratulations, all the very best. Long overdue I'm sure.

Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi

Congratulations were still waiting on our decision

Nevsy
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nevsy
Congratulations were still waiting on our decision

Nevsy
thanks nevsy

what visa you going on? when do you plan on going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.