Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Hi All

Just sitting here having a coffee and thought that I would say hello as I havent been on here for a while.
Still no news at all for us but I wont go into that as the mood is quite bad

Helena I hope that you are having a ball in New York and that you are spending loads of money, let us know how it went when you get back.

Well I just wanted to say a big hello to everyone and hope to hear some news from you all soon.

Welcome to all the new people on board

Nadine
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

Just sitting here having a coffee and thought that I would say hello as I havent been on here for a while.
Still no news at all for us but I wont go into that as the mood is quite bad

Helena I hope that you are having a ball in New York and that you are spending loads of money, let us know how it went when you get back.

Well I just wanted to say a big hello to everyone and hope to hear some news from you all soon.

Welcome to all the new people on board

Nadine
morning

just want to say welcome to the newbies as well

been very quiet on here the last few days
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
morning

just want to say welcome to the newbies as well

been very quiet on here the last few days

Hi

It def is very quiet on here lately I think everyone is keeping a low profile (well I know I am) as the whole process gets you down every so often.

How is things with you?

Take it no-one has any good news lately???

nadine
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Morning

Nothing this end for us either, altho we did get an email from our agent yesterday informing us that she has forwarded our police checks and told them our meds have been sent also. Maybe we'll hear something in the next few days (wishful thinking - eh?)

Lynn xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi

It def is very quiet on here lately I think everyone is keeping a low profile (well I know I am) as the whole process gets you down every so often.

How is things with you?

Take it no-one has any good news lately???

nadine
well i'm a bit stressed this week!

darren's doing his vetassess practical on tuesday, i am soooo nervous for him.

wish it was all over and done with.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Best of luck to Darren for next Tuesday Once you get thru that can you then submit your visa application? Your visa will probably be granted before us August applicants

Took Cora to the bear factory yesterday in Victoria Square - £22 for a bloody teddy bear She dressed it as a chef (just like her daddy )

Lynn xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Best of luck to Darren for next Tuesday Once you get thru that can you then submit your visa application? Your visa will probably be granted before us August applicants

Took Cora to the bear factory yesterday in Victoria Square - £22 for a bloody teddy bear She dressed it as a chef (just like her daddy )

Lynn xx
hi lynn

yes, once he passess this we can do the visa.
told him if he doesn't pass this time i'm giving up ( not very fair though was it)

what did you think of victoria square? is it all it's meant to be?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Victoria Square would be good if you had about 2 grand to go shopping It's all mostly designer shops but does have H&M, got Cora a lovely wee coat in there - had to return some things Chloe got for her b'day and instead of me trying to pick her something, got Cora the coat and then had to give Chloe the money. I've been twice now and can say I wont be rushing up again any time soon.

Are we going to arrange a wee night out before Siobhan leaves for Australia? Think it should be adults only.

Lynn xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi folks, just want to say a big good luck to all those still waiting. We got our visa last week, after applying last july, so i hope this week is good for everyone. We have had a couple of interests in the house, so hopefully it wont take too long.

Brendan
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Victoria Square would be good if you had about 2 grand to go shopping It's all mostly designer shops but does have H&M, got Cora a lovely wee coat in there - had to return some things Chloe got for her b'day and instead of me trying to pick her something, got Cora the coat and then had to give Chloe the money. I've been twice now and can say I wont be rushing up again any time soon.

Are we going to arrange a wee night out before Siobhan leaves for Australia? Think it should be adults only.

Lynn xx
think we should def have a wee night out any suggestions
maybe in a couple of months time, going out the next couple weekends an feel bad leaving kids so much an askin parents to babysit

just finshed ironing from 11 o'clock this mornin gotta put it all away now, thats the worst part

good luck with the house brendan
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

That must have been some pile of ironing!!!!!!!!!!!! More like a mountain - Chloe and I share the ironing between us, it's great when the kids get up a bit and can help

I'm off to the Burrendale on the 19th April for the night with 6 other girls, then we have to rush home to go to Disney on Ice on the sunday lunchtime. We forgot all about buying Disney tickets when we booked to go away

Lynn xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Lynn xx
hi lynn that would be a good idea, and hopefully by then, everyone waiting here will all have their visas ready to celebrate or even ready to go too. I agree adults only, and somewhere in the middle to suit every one who wants to go.
Well done to brendan for getting the visas, have a drink on me, by the way just thought Id let you all know tesco has a good wine sale on a lot of wine half price.
keep fingers crossed for us, as we have a bid on the house, and the guy returned from oz, yesterday, and came out to see us last night about buying house, so hopefully we will have the house sold before we go, hope he still is keen, and doesnt let us down.
Anyone else any news, Hope April is going to be a good month for every one.
Caroline dont worry about Tuesday your hubby will be all right.
Going to phone mc gimseys tomorrow to see if they can come out next week for a quote. Ill let you know the damage.
talk soon
siobhan
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Caroline,

Darren will be grand on Tuesday, don't you go putting the poor man under pressure! I have to say I was the same with Keith with is upgrading his degree, but I think with me, him doing degree, having another baby, starting a new business everything just got too much and I decided I can't hack the waiting on Oz thing anymore.

I truly believe that if we had got into Oz at the beginning of the process about 3 years ago, it wouldn't have been a problem, would have probably loved it. But the stress of not properly living, ie neglecting jobs about the house ie redecorating because we'll do it up just before the house goes on the market etc etc.

What about us both standing in Selections last Summer and reckoning we'd both be in Oz by the next summer - hello!!!!!!

It is all that stress that meant I just had enough.

Haven't been in Cranfield yet, and apparently it is to snow at the weekend, cos thought I'd go at the weekend with the kids.

Will keep my fingers crossed for Darren,

Good Luck, Lynne x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Caroline,

Darren will be grand on Tuesday, don't you go putting the poor man under pressure! I have to say I was the same with Keith with is upgrading his degree, but I think with me, him doing degree, having another baby, starting a new business everything just got too much and I decided I can't hack the waiting on Oz thing anymore.

I truly believe that if we had got into Oz at the beginning of the process about 3 years ago, it wouldn't have been a problem, would have probably loved it. But the stress of not properly living, ie neglecting jobs about the house ie redecorating because we'll do it up just before the house goes on the market etc etc.

What about us both standing in Selections last Summer and reckoning we'd both be in Oz by the next summer - hello!!!!!!

It is all that stress that meant I just had enough.

Haven't been in Cranfield yet, and apparently it is to snow at the weekend, cos thought I'd go at the weekend with the kids.

Will keep my fingers crossed for Darren,

Good Luck, Lynne x
hi lynne

lol at us thinking we'd be there this time next year duh!

lynne what evers meant to be is meant to be, i think you have to be 100% about going , no point making a big move only to regret it.

you have a lovely family and great jobs and house,as long as you and family are happy thats the main thing. it is a very stressful thing to go through, is it any wonder i'm going grey at 28

let you know what happens with daz!

caroline
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All

Just wanted to say hello and wish you all good luck for the week ahead...........................Surely there is bound to be someone who will get some kind of news this week.

Helena hope you had a great time when you were away and I am sure that you spent loads of money

Good luck for the week ahead

Nadine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.