Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz

Anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz

Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:13 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz

anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz? thoughts and experience please?

i really feel that New Zealand is not the place for us especially with working for NZ copanies.

Last edited by love30stm; Nov 30th 2011 at 2:34 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone?

Originally Posted by love30stm
anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz? thoughts and experience please?

i really feel that New Zealand is not the place for us especially with working for NZ copanies.
Yes, there's a lot of us on here who have done that.

New Zealand is to Australia what Samoa is to New Zealand. Australia is so developed and westernised compared to New Zealand and certainly where we live here people are very welcoming of people from other countries, jobs are offered more on your ability than your nationality. In New Zealand as soon as people discovered I was English they had to say something bad about England.

I learned to hate New Zealand with a passion - we had no jobs, no money and no future and nobody would give us a go. The lifestyle could be great but if you have no money you can't afford any of the lifestyle. My New Zealand wife has no desire to ever settle there again.

In Australia we have found the best combination of the New Zealand lifestyle and Westernised economy and work opportunities.

I understand more New Zealanders than ever are crossing the Tasman.

BB
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:23 pm

Default Re: anyone?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Yes, there's a lot of us on here who have done that.

New Zealand is to Australia what Samoa is to New Zealand. Australia is so developed and westernised compared to New Zealand and certainly where we live here people are very welcoming of people from other countries, jobs are offered more on your ability than your nationality. In New Zealand as soon as people discovered I was English they had to say something bad about England.

I learned to hate New Zealand with a passion - we had no jobs, no money and no future and nobody would give us a go. The lifestyle could be great but if you have no money you can't afford any of the lifestyle. My New Zealand wife has no desire to ever settle there again.

In Australia we have found the best combination of the New Zealand lifestyle and Westernised economy and work opportunities.

I understand more New Zealanders than ever are crossing the Tasman.

BB

thanks your your reply , sounds good much appreciated but am dissapointed that you are the only one that commented on this thread?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:58 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
thanks your your reply , sounds good much appreciated but am dissapointed that you are the only one that commented on this thread?
possible down to the vauge thread name
ask a mod to change it to
"anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz" and people will know what your after

regards steve
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
"anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz" and people will know what your after

regards steve
ok thanks
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:10 pm

Default Re: anyone moved from New Zealand to OZ?

Originally Posted by steve`o

regards steve
ok thanks
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone moved from New Zealand to OZ?

Hi, we've done it both ways. I am a Kiwi and OH is English. He moved out to NZ with me then after 5 years we moved across to Melbourne for 13 years. Been back in Christchurch for 2 years and now contemplating moving back across again (cos moving back just before a major earthquake really sucks).

My main motivators for going back to Oz now are, obviously, the earthquake, but also the better job opportunities - I can get paid at least twice as much over there. Money isn't everything, but having more of it give us more opportunities and provides better for our kids. We came back to NZ for family reasons, only to realise I really don't see any more of my family here than I did over there.

Whereabouts are you thinking of going?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:43 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone moved from New Zealand to OZ?

Originally Posted by Kiwikaye
We came back to NZ for family reasons, only to realise I really don't see any more of my family here than I did over there.
That's a familiar story! Now we live in Australia, we see MORE of the children's UK based grandparents and LESS of the children's NZ based grandparents.

My wife's brother and his family have been from NZ to Australia 4 times in the last eighteen months, once they even went to Victoria, and yet they have never come to see us. But if we're in NZ and don't visit them, tongues start wagging......

BB
Old Dec 1st 2011, 2:12 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz

We've never been short of money in either country so for us it wasn't about the money, although the bank balance did improve for moving here that wasn't our reason for coming over to Queensland by a long shot.

The standard of living is higher here, there's more variety, more choice, better working conditions and all that stuff but our prime reason was because Australia has a future and we wanted our children to have one too, there was nothing for them in NZ.

Last edited by Expat Kiwi; Dec 1st 2011 at 2:14 am.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
We've never been short of money in either country so for us it wasn't about the money, although the bank balance did improve for moving here that wasn't our reason for coming over to Queensland by a long shot.

The standard of living is higher here, there's more variety, more choice, better working conditions and all that stuff but our prime reason was because Australia has a future and we wanted our children to have one too, there was nothing for them in NZ.
That sounds a good enough reason to me
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:56 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

If you're seriously thinking about coming over take your time choosing a good employer in an area you want to live in and with good schools.

There are differences with New Zealand and they will take some getting used to but they'll nothing like as great as the adjustments you made when you moved from the UK to NZ.

I think you'd fit in really well anywhere from Coomera down to Tweed - quiet enough in the 'burbs to have a good quality of life but close enough to Brisbane and the Gold Coast to enjoy the night life, activities and beaches.

Steve'o lives in a good location, well placed to have the best of all of it.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:03 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that women here don't always apply make up, outdoor clothing or shoes before they go shopping.

Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:08 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Anyone emigrated to New Zealand then moved on to Oz

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Be aware that women here don't always apply make up, outdoor clothing or shoes before they go shopping.

That'll be a considerable improvement on the average New Zealand woman then who may not even own any of those items.

BB
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dreamy

I can assure you that I do, although make up does tend to melt in the weather we've been having recently. That must be why eyelash and brow tinting is so popular.

My daughter seems to wear Mac without any problems and wouldn't dare be seen in public without her face on, I should ask her for a few tips.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That'll be a considerable improvement on the average New Zealand woman then who may not even own any of those items.

BB
Generally, women are way hotter here compared to NZ too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.