Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
'Bumped' into a ship load of US Sailors in Faliraki (Rhodes) a few yeras ago.....never seen more trouble in one night in my life!!!

These guys could not hold their liquor at all!! However, still insisted on knocking it back like it was going out of fashion and then strutting around thinking they were man enough to fight the world - as you can imagine the average Brit 'Faliraki-going' holiday maker wasn't too impressed!!

If they are anything like the US Army (did an exchange with them a few years ago when I was still serving), then they're all a bunch of poofs who have these strange dillusions that they are all Rambo or something!! Used to tie bits of material around their biceps to try and look hard!!! Were always the first ones to wimp out though and the last ones to do anything that involved any element of danger!!

Just laugh at them as they go by - their egos are so huge that they probably wouldnt notice anyway!

Personally, I hate the arses! Specially after 2 of em tried mauling my girlfriend at the time as she was walking down the street hand in hand with me.....suffice to say, his arse met the gutter (and his mate ran away!)

Well for me what I am looking forward to if whoever said it is right and the marines follow in a couple of weeks, I will be there by then.

I am prime target for those boys to try and maul and I may be a tiny weenie thing but my dad taught me one thing really well, how to deal with men who show you disrespect as a laydeeee.

I am quite looking forward to it really....but I know thats bad before anyone tells me off for it :-)
Old Aug 13th 2006, 3:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really matter if these guys can't drink or score with the chicks. As a navy they would knock the living shit out of every other navy in the world (Royal, Chinese, Russian, whatever) & then some. That's all that matters.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:20 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It doesn't really matter if these guys can't drink or score with the chicks. As a navy they would knock the living shit out of every other navy in the world (Royal, Chinese, Russian, whatever) & then some. That's all that matters.
Ah but can they do it without knocking 10 bells of crap out of each other or accidentally killing their allies in the process??
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Ah but can they do it without knocking 10 bells of crap out of each other or accidentally killing their allies in the process??

Yup...they have more weapons but not the foggiest how to use them :-)
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Apparently the USS Kittyhawk is in town.

Their super duper radar is ****ing up one of the UWAs wireless networks.

There were also a lot of skanky looking women hanging around these sailors, I'm guessing they are prossies. They were bloody rough though.
They come in droves because the living is easy.. oops sorry I mean loving...

PS this has been going on for at least 25 years that I can recall.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:39 pm
Banned

Ashers is an unknown quantity at this point

Deffo, Northbridge can get very unsavoury later on. Some nasty things happen there. People firing guns in nightclubs, people attacking each other with meat cleavers.

Oh sorry, is this turning in to another negative Perth thread?
Talking of which, when are you coming home?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has made me laugh And here I am a Brit married to a Yank serving on the USS Air Craft Carrier Enterprise, his not home till end of October after six month tour. I will say what many of you have said is so right, and my OH cant wait to get out of the Navy next year, it's too hard on us as a family
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda34
Yup...they have more weapons but not the foggiest how to use them :-)
I wouldn't like to be in the navy that tries to put your theory to the test. Every war the US navy has fought, they've won.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I am a Brit married to a Yank serving on the USS Enterprise(
Has he met Captain Kirk, or Mr Spock?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Has he met Captain Kirk, or Mr Spock?
You can guess why he picked that Ship to serve on cant ya
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't like to be in the navy that tries to put your theory to the test. Every war the US navy has fought, they've won.
Were they involved in Vietnam?!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britvic
This thread has made me laugh And here I am a Brit married to a Yank serving on the USS Air Craft Carrier Enterprise, his not home till end of October after six month tour. I will say what many of you have said is so right, and my OH cant wait to get out of the Navy next year, it's too hard on us as a family

Your not married to Captain Kirk are you? Sorry you have heard that so many times but it would have been rude not to.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

I suspect that is more to do with numbers though. I would guess at some point in my lifetime that 100 percent record will be broken.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:34 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
There are some good American soldiers but in the main alot are very, very ordinary.

Details like: American soldiers particularly Marines are often very big, having been into weight training in a way that say even Royal Marines, paras or even SAS aren't. In even a simple run they can then be seen lagging behind. Even more scary is the macho attitude. Most Brit soldiers view things in terms of getting a job done. Brit paras are known to talk themselves up a tad beyond what is needed but they've probably earnt the repuatation for being brash part of the job description.

The terrible thing is, a lot of people get their ideas of the military from watching Hollywood's portrayal of that machine.
Brit Paras....talk themselves up?

NEVER????

The 1st thing they tell you on your P(otential) R(ecruit) A(ssessment) C(ourse) is that, 'if you make the grade, you WILL be a god!!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:37 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Bulls**t!!!!

Never read so much twaddle in my life!!!

I have WORKED with these people - US Marines, Navy Seals, Airborne.....they are more interested in looking good than being professional!

If the seppo navy win any battle it is always through sheer strength of numbers and firepower, NEVER professionalism and skill!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.