Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having sleepless nights?

Anyone else having sleepless nights?

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Unhappy Anyone else having sleepless nights?

God, Im terrified. I'm in a well paid job here, but dont enjoy it much. The house is now up for sale and we are moving to Cairns, dont know what kind of job I will be doing. Just hope we can get enough work to survive. I'm really scared about our uncertain future, its so tempting to stay where you are and stickwith what you know.

bye 4 now,
65KK:scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else having sleepless nights?

Originally posted by 65 million
God, Im terrified. I'm in a well paid job here, but dont enjoy it much. The house is now up for sale and we are moving to Cairns, dont know what kind of job I will be doing. Just hope we can get enough work to survive. I'm really scared about our uncertain future, its so tempting to stay where you are and stickwith what you know.

bye 4 now,
yes

having interveiws ,buying houses ,visiting schools

all in my sleep! :scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:58 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

If you don't take the chance you will never know .....

don't worry you'll be fine !!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:00 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

bye 4 now,
You're not alone. As the day draws nearer I get less sleep. Head buzzing.

Not too fussed re the dosh, but am really worried about the other things I'll be leaving.

You're obviously capable of building yourself a decent life cos you've done it once. You're brave enough to try do it again, maybe even better.

Good luck!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:03 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

bye 4 now,
Yes, I can relate to the sleeplessness - I'm busily panicking about the bl**dy exhange rate in my sleep, & keep waking up at 3am & having to go check it. It's a bit pathetic, really.... AND VERY ANNOYING, TOO

Our cats (who're coming with us) are really unsettled at nights, too; whereas they - and I - used to sleep thru till 0630 each morning, now 3 of us are plodding round the house maiowing & making cups of tea in the early hours.

I just hope it all stops once we've moved... or I will go totally NUTS

Anya.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:04 pm
maggy

I was the same before we emigrated but as soon as we arrived it was like a weight lifted from our shoulders and we had loads to do when we arrived.

Its normal to feel apprehensive but it will all work out.

Good luck to everyone

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:10 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

The other thing is that I'm really, really hungry all the time, which is unusual for me, as I have a very small appetite normally.

Have felt so lousy that I took myself to the Docs - he said my bood pressure was the lowest it's been for a year and that I should just relax, do some distracting things (eg go out to the movies) and have a small glass of brandy each night before retiring.

Can anyone explain what this word 'relax' means....?

Anya.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 65 mills, not been in for a while but just popped my head in today to say its exactly 1 year today since we landed!

It's been a roller coaster year with its ups and downs but its all been an experience, and in retrosect I think I'll look back on and think 'what an opportunity, I'm glad we grasped it........'

Good luck mate & best o luck.
Mash...

bye 4 now,
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:11 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by maggy
I was the same before we emigrated but as soon as we arrived it was like a weight lifted from our shoulders and we had loads to do when we arrived.

Its normal to feel apprehensive but it will all work out.

Good luck to everyone
Thanks, Maggy, that's very reassuring - I'm sure it'll be like that for me too, it's just the act of getting 'there' from 'here'!

Anya.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

bye 4 now,
I live by this motto, and we are also in warwickshire !!

It is better to have been a has-been than a never-was
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
The other thing is that I'm really, really hungry all the time, which is unusual for me, as I have a very small appetite normally.

Have felt so lousy that I took myself to the Docs - he said my bood pressure was the lowest it's been for a year and that I should just relax, do some distracting things (eg go out to the movies) and have a small glass of brandy each night before retiring.

Can anyone explain what this word 'relax' means....?

Anya.
LOL!
Can I have your doctor's number? That sounds like the kind of prescription I could do with.

Off now for a medicinal G&T!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:41 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Sleepless nights have now become normal ! This moving country thing is definitely not doing my beauty sleep any good!!

Sunchaser
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Hi there 65 million,

We are also moving to Cairns flights booked for the 15th but we won't get there until the beginning of August.

I know how you feel, I can't even have a lie in bed now, I feel as though I need to be up doing something.

Had a row with hubbie today over something silly, so we arn't talking at the moment, it's all stress related I know. So, I went out today and had my hair done and a wonder around the shops. Feel loads better for it.

Also just brought some of those 'Kalm' tablets that's supposed to help you in times of stress and helps you sleep. I will take 2 tonight and let you know if they work.

You are not alone in feeling this way, there are alot of us going through the same at the moment.

By the way when are you moving to Cairns?

Mandy
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

LOL I hope you enjoy the sleepless nights to come when its around 28 degrees at midnight.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

It's not so much the fact that your not sleeping, it's the stress and tension that builds up when you are making a life changing move.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.