Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else felt like this.....

Anyone else felt like this.....

Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone else felt like this.....

Just dug out my old thread.
I continued to feel really rough until Tuesday, when I took myself off to the quack. She examined me, said my temparature was sky high, my tonsils were infected as were my ears!! Yukky!!!
I felt bloody awful. Never seen this doctor in my life. She asked if I had endured a stressful year and was I run down? WRONG QUESTION TO ASK!!!

I then burst ito tears. You can imagine it, tears pouring down my face, fluid (not being that crude streaming out of my nose)
'My dad died' I wailed to the doctor. Poor woman, she must have thought I was a looney, but the floodgates were open and I was off!!!
Anyway after I calmed down she spent quite a while talking to me and I left feeling much, much better (also armed with a prescription for 50 x 500mg antibiotics)
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:15 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I continued to feel really rough until Tuesday, when I took myself off to the quack. She examined me, said my temparature was sky high, my tonsils were infected as were my ears!! Yukky!!!
I felt bloody awful. Never seen this doctor in my life. She asked if I had endured a stressful year and was I run down? WRONG QUESTION TO ASK!!!

I then burst ito tears. You can imagine it, tears pouring down my face, fluid (not being that crude streaming out of my nose)
'My dad died' I wailed to the doctor. Poor woman, she must have thought I was a looney, but the floodgates were open and I was off!!!
Anyway after I calmed down she spent quite a while talking to me and I left feeling much, much better (also armed with a prescription for 50 x 500mg antibiotics)
Ahh bless - I hope you feel better soon.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the virus I have had recurring for the last year or so. Totally exhausted very quickly, though not really sick - apart from a frequent sore throat.
Big hug for you Sandra, hope you pick up soon (let me know what pills you've got, if they work!!)
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:36 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better soon...virtual hug coming your way!

D D
Attached Images  

Last edited by DollyDaydream; Jul 10th 2005 at 12:38 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future

Please don't think I am a doctor but...If it was flu you would not even care about sitting at a computer reading all these replies. All you want to do is lay there and thats it! (Some one said to me once you can tell the difference between a really bad cold and the flu... tell the person suffering that there is £1000 in the garden, if they have the energy to get it then it is just a cold! If they could not care less...that's flu)!
Anyway what ever it is it sounds nasty..have a big mug of milo and get well soon! x
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:27 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds like the virus I have had recurring for the last year or so. Totally exhausted very quickly, though not really sick - apart from a frequent sore throat.
Big hug for you Sandra, hope you pick up soon (let me know what pills you've got, if they work!!)
Both myself and my daughter have been ill with flu like symptoms 3 times in the last 4 months, husband and son have been fine..??

spalens wife
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:37 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra I can't believe you're still feeling rough....you poor hun. Hopefully these industrial strength antibiotics will get you back to A1.

Petra

P.s How's it going with your new pad?
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:46 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
Please don't think I am a doctor but...If it was flu you would not even care about sitting at a computer reading all these replies. All you want to do is lay there and thats it! (Some one said to me once you can tell the difference between a really bad cold and the flu... tell the person suffering that there is £1000 in the garden, if they have the energy to get it then it is just a cold! If they could not care less...that's flu)!
Anyway what ever it is it sounds nasty..have a big mug of milo and get well soon! x
Wait till you get here then. Where i live anyone sniffling has got the flu!! It drives me mad, NO ITS A COLD!!!

Sandra, glad to hear you're on the mend
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

I had similar few weeks ago, doc gave me strong antibiotics and they gave me stomach cramps, in end ditched them as feeling so bad on tablets and decided to have a go myself, came home armed with juicer, oranges, lemons, grapefruits...heaps of veg, garlic, ginger, berocca multi vitamins, echinacea, garlic/horseradish tablets, did the trick....hope you're feeling better soon