Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else feel like this

Anyone else feel like this

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Anyone else feel like this

All of a sudden life in the UK does not seem that bad. I keep looking around me and wondering if we are doing the right thing, today my job seems great, Weymouth beach looks wonderful and i have got great friends within walking distance, not to mention family.

Anyone else feel like this?

It maybe that we are moving out of our house in 2 weeks and i have been packing tonight, the stuff is going into storage until we leave, so maybe the thought of not seeing my treasured items until we got to Austraila has got to me.

Sorry for being depressing.

Nicky
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:31 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else feel like this

No, but then we've lived here for a couple of years now . A couple of trips back to the UK to visit relatives and such really confirmed to me that we would never again be happy in the UK and miss too much of our life in Australia and what it offers.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

You are not being depressing at all, I think how you are feeling is only natural.
I feel the same on usually one day a week! I feel it more particulary when I see my children with their grandparents or when the sun shines and everyone seems a lot happier and everything looks greener.

I do not dislike the UK or my life here but I just want to experience something else during my lifetime and Oz is it.

Keep your chin up, hope all goes well with your move and remember you only have one life so enjoy it!

Cheers
Jo

A
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
All of a sudden life in the UK does not seem that bad. I keep looking around me and wondering if we are doing the right thing, today my job seems great, Weymouth beach looks wonderful and i have got great friends within walking distance, not to mention family.

It maybe that we are moving out of our house in 2 weeks and i have been packing tonight, the stuff is going into storage until we leave, so maybe the thought of not seeing my treasured items until we got to Austraila has got to me.

Nicky
Your having a moment of weakness because the weather 's ok today. LOL
Every day i ask myself are we doing the right thing but i only have to look at my children to know that we are.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joeyb
You are not being depressing at all, I think how you are feeling is only natural.
I feel the same on usually one day a week! I feel it more particulary when I see my children with their grandparents or when the sun shines and everyone seems a lot happier and everything looks greener.

I do not dislike the UK or my life here but I just want to experience something else during my lifetime and Oz is it.

Keep your chin up, hope all goes well with your move and remember you only have one life so enjoy it!

Cheers
Jo

A
Thanks Jo, yes i agree we only have one life and that is why we are going as we want to experience life in Australia.

I noticed that you have your visa, so when are you planning to go? Have you got jobs lined up?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:46 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi nicky
we've just had a long weekend in Devon and all the old English coutryside really makes me wanna stay but i just talk myself out of it each time and with possitive thoughts we are going to Oz. we've got a long way to go yet and i'm sure they'll be other things along the way that make you stop and think from what i've read on here everyone goes through it at some point it's such a big step. keep smiling, karma sent
kate
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky

Nicky, Think how you are feeling is normal, most people have ups & downs, after all it is a life changing move! Just try to think of the reasons you decded the move was a good idea, like the queue for asda's carpark and the cold wet summer Think of the lovely warm sunshine in Oz & the great beaches, even more fab than Dorset coast
Keep strong!
Sally
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Thanks Jo, yes i agree we only have one life and that is why we are going as we want to experience life in Australia.

I noticed that you have your visa, so when are you planning to go? Have you got jobs lined up?
We won't be moving until Summer 2008 as my husband has to finish his college course before we leave. We hope to live South of Brisbane, possibly around Jimboomba. We went over in April to validate our visas and had a great time.
We have already sold our house and are living in rented (we originally planned to make the permanent move this year but its a long story!).

We have no jobs to go to. Hubby is a brickie and I'm a civil servant so hopefully someone will employ us along the way!! We do have relatives over there which is a great help.

What about yourself - where are you heading and when?

Jo
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

I always get this feeling every pay day, not looking forward to being poor, i hope the sunshine will cheer me up I keep telling myself it will be worth it but only time will tell

minibelle
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:43 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joeyb
We do have relatives over there which is a great help.

Jo
....and some friends with the Barbie on ready n waiting for your arrival!

L-j
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky
We felt the same.

Now, having been here a few weeks you couldn't pay us to return.

Does that help?

Buzzy
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
....and some friends with the Barbie on ready n waiting for your arrival!

L-j
Nice one Linzi!
Really looking forward to that day!!

Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough

I do ask myself if we're doing the right thing ... I believe that life is what you make it so I do ask myself does it matter where we are? But then I think of where we're heading and the 'outdoor' lifestyle that we want and think yeah......:
I think it's just natural to question and maybe wrong if we didn't?....
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky
I live near you Nicky and I think like that regularly.
we are lucky enough to live in a very beautiful part of the UK and so the risks of emigrating seem bigger.
The other side of it for us though is that we never have any money left at the end of the month and this summer has been a complete wash out.
We're still going
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:33 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky
I have regular days like that Nicky..........Have planned our move o Perth for months now, have job, schools and a house and the other day i was thinking of going to melbourne instead :eek

But we are back on track now and staying focused ....until the next wobble that is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.