Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else in Australia having problems ordering online from Marks & Sparks?

Is anyone else in Australia having problems ordering online from Marks & Sparks?

Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is anyone else in Australia having problems ordering online from Marks & Sparks?

Calling all Expats and Aussies who order clothes etc from good old Marks and Sparks.

I don't know if the Marks and Spencer web site has been having problems for the last few weeks, or if they have simply decided not to ship their product lines to Australia any more.

I have found that increasingly, the things I want to buy are blocked at the checkout stage as being 'unavailable for International Delivery'. Sometimes it's all sizes of a garment, other times it's only some sizes, or one colour and not others.

Is anyone else having these problems too, and if so, have you notified them about it?

Caio,
Grevillia
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else in Australia having problems ordering online from Marks & Sparks?

I also heard on this site that they have stopped deducting the VAT - mother****ers!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else in Australia having problems ordering online from Marks & Sparks?

Hi

I had similar problems with my last order, have used them a few times since being here and not had any difficulty before. Came up with the same message as you had, I contacted them and they suggested it was a problem with my cookies/history settings, changed these but still had 2 items which it wouldn't let me order.

Try emailing or phoning them as we can't be the only ones having this problem.

Sam
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to order something two days ago and could not. I have emailed but not had a response yet. I hope they have not had a rethink about delivering here.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:32 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I was relying on them a few years ago to deliver a Christmas hamper (in the UK) ... ordered it months in advance then a few days before Christmas I had an email to the effect of "Sorry, This Order Could Not Be Completed, We Have Run Out Of Crackers".

They can shove their business.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

hi all

I am in nz, and put an order through for around 200 quid and they only thing they woudnt deliver is some cotton pj bottoms.

HOWEVER I got a letter from customs demanding i pay $156 in import charges
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:01 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by dubstar
hi all

I am in nz, and put an order through for around 200 quid and they only thing they woudnt deliver is some cotton pj bottoms.

HOWEVER I got a letter from customs demanding i pay $156 in import charges
That sounds bad, even for NZ. Here in Australia you can bring in $1,000 of imported goods without any duty. I thought it was about $400 for New Zealand, but it sounds like it is even worse.

Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

no - unfortunately not. I am ordering rather too easily
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

No problems here apart from a pair of pants for the wife which they wouldn't send!!
Three orders placed this week as they have been running an up to 50% off sale on clothing. May be a bigger discount next week to clear the final items. Handy if you have a quidco account as well for a bit of cashback!!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grevillia
Calling all Expats and Aussies who order clothes etc from good old Marks and Sparks.

I don't know if the Marks and Spencer web site has been having problems for the last few weeks, or if they have simply decided not to ship their product lines to Australia any more.

I have found that increasingly, the things I want to buy are blocked at the checkout stage as being 'unavailable for International Delivery'. Sometimes it's all sizes of a garment, other times it's only some sizes, or one colour and not others.

Is anyone else having these problems too, and if so, have you notified them about it?

Caio,
Grevillia
I spent a couple of hours last Friday trawling their site and eventually placing an order for about a dozen items totalling GBP196.00. Had an email from them Sat morning to say the credit card had bounced. My bank (ANZ) then rang me Sun morning to say they had blocked the "unusual" transaction because it had happened at 2.30am Oz time - plonkers!

Anyhow placed the order again and it all went thru smoothly and is apparently on its way.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That sounds bad, even for NZ. Here in Australia you can bring in $1,000 of imported goods without any duty. I thought it was about $400 for New Zealand, but it sounds like it is even worse.
Thank god for that I just spent about $150 on M&S online getting clothes, that includes delivery so never thought about import duty but if you say its $1,000 I will be OK.

I hope they dont bounce my card though.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

About the only thing I used to buy from M&S were the chicken sub rolls. Do they deliver those.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Ordered placed on the evening of the 25th, e-mailed to say goods dispatched on 27th and received the delivery this afternoon. Everything arrived that was ordered, superfast delivery and a lot cheaper than the equivalent goods from Myer, etc!!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Nope no problems here either, only gripe is when I add things to my basket whilst I'm 'shopping' they still allow others to buy it .

Quite often I'll add things to my basket only to watch them disappear and sell out before I get to the checkout. Pisses me right off.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Nope no problems here either, only gripe is when I add things to my basket whilst I'm 'shopping' they still allow others to buy it .

Quite often I'll add things to my basket only to watch them disappear and sell out before I get to the checkout. Pisses me right off.
That happens to UK M&S shoppers too.