British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone else!!!!??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-else-175986/)

Don Sep 3rd 2003 7:51 am

Originally posted by Wilf
How many was it?
Hankering after a badge, Wilfo?

renth Sep 3rd 2003 7:54 am

Re: anyone else!!!!???

Originally posted by badgersmount

Anyone use to fancy her mother - one Janet Ellis from Blue Peter???!!! back in the early 80s?? I did.

badgers
I still fancy Janet Ellis. She got sacked for being pregnant and unmarried.

Badge Sep 3rd 2003 9:44 am

Originally posted by renth
I still fancy Janet Ellis. She got sacked for being pregnant and unmarried.

hmmm wasn't that Tina c1980??? no - hang on she was the "preggers but approved" one to drop a sprog - practically - on air or something - they had her wired up to a ultrasound machine if I recall correctly.

Mr Pleasance - I knew I could rely on you to win a BP badge.

badgers

Badge Sep 3rd 2003 9:47 am

1 Attachment(s)

hmmm wasn't that Tina c1980??? no - hang on she was the "preggers but approved" one to drop a sprog - practically - on air or something - they had her wired up to a ultrasound machine if I recall correctly.

Mr Pleasance - I knew I could rely on you to win a BP badge.

badgers

Bluey Sep 3rd 2003 12:20 pm

Mmmm, Janet Ellis eh. The answer is a definate yes. I also remember her appearing in Dr. Who dressed in bubblewrap. As Simon Groom once said, 'What a lovely pair of Knockers'

leanda Sep 3rd 2003 12:29 pm

Anyone remember the Blue Peter Advent Calender? You needed:

1 2 Old Coathangers
2 Lots of tinsel (flamable kind)
3 Some dodgy old candles

You knew once they started lighting it up that Christmas was on its way.

Also do you remember Simons Groom's wife's hairdo, she looked like Princess Laya off Star Wars ( 2 doughnuts on the side of her head)..

Too many sad memories to admit to ..................

Chris H-L Sep 3rd 2003 12:51 pm

Originally posted by leanda
Anyone remember the Blue Peter Advent Calender?
Nah, that was the advent crown.
Did anyone actually make one of these fire hazards?
Must have warmed up many a christmas eve!

Personally I preferred Ms Ellis in the program she went on to do, Jigsaw? something like that.

arlene Sep 3rd 2003 1:01 pm

going back to that era brought back memories of another era, ie the clangers, what were they all about, were the people who invented them the same as the people who invented tellyttubbies and what hallucigenic drugs were they taking at the time, Heinz baked bean tins were never the same

arlene

sally1968 Sep 3rd 2003 9:00 pm

Originally posted by arlene
going back to that era brought back memories of another era, ie the clangers, what were they all about, were the people who invented them the same as the people who invented tellyttubbies and what hallucigenic drugs were they taking at the time, Heinz baked bean tins were never the same

arlene
You can get the Clangers on video now.

My all time fav (and i have 5 vids to prove it!:D ) is The Magic Roundabout!!! How cool was Dylan man :D :D !!!
And how many people had a Dougal birthday cake made out of a cheap swiss roll! Ah the memories......

Sally :)

DianeOZ Sep 4th 2003 2:48 am

I named my dog after Dylan (or was it the lion thing out of Parsley & The Herbs)!!!

Diane:rolleyes: