British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone else!!!!??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-else-175986/)

Badge Sep 2nd 2003 10:06 pm

anyone else!!!!???

I'm at work 23.15pm......drugged up with coffee..writing bloody algorythms..

Sophie Ellis-Baxter just came on the radio - a song I remember from Aussie.

Anyone use to fancy her mother - one Janet Ellis from Blue Peter???!!! back in the early 80s?? I did.

just wondered

badgers

Chris H-L Sep 2nd 2003 10:12 pm

Re: anyone else!!!!???

Originally posted by badgersmount
badgers
Which algorithms are you writing?

cresta57 Sep 2nd 2003 10:14 pm

Sophie Ellis-Baxter just came on the radio - a song I remember from Aussie.

Anyone use to fancy her mother - one Janet Ellis from Blue Peter???!!! back in the early 80s?? I did.

just wondered

badgers
Bit of an age gap Badgers I only remember Valerie Singleton with Johnny Nokes and Peter Purvis:o :o
Sean;)
PS An old cereal box a yoghurt pot and a pair of Vals old knickers and that man could make anything:D :D

Paul and Steph Sep 2nd 2003 10:34 pm

Yeah but has anyone ever received one of the coveted Blue Peter Badges?

Badge Sep 2nd 2003 10:38 pm

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
no I got in FREE anyway so there.

Don't watch BP any more. Its all dumbed down and too trendy.
Oh for the Biddy Baxter days. It all went downhill with the advent of Mark Curry et al in the late 80s.

badgers

footie chick Sep 2nd 2003 10:39 pm

Hi Badge

I do remember Janet Ellis but being an 80`s child i remember so much from that era.

footie chick

Don Sep 3rd 2003 4:07 am

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Yep. When I was about 7 I sent them a rubbish letter saying how many BP annuals placed end-to-end it would take to get to the moon and back and I got the badge!

dotty Sep 3rd 2003 4:14 am

Does my husband fancying SEB count tho?

OK I can do white skin and green eyeshadown too you know.

Akaubear Sep 3rd 2003 4:25 am

My other half did too! :rolleyes: And he got a BP badge (not for fancying Janet Ellis though! :D)

Nicola.

Wilf Sep 3rd 2003 4:31 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Yep. When I was about 7 I sent them a rubbish letter saying how many BP annuals placed end-to-end it would take to get to the moon and back and I got the badge!

How many was it?

dracupg Sep 3rd 2003 4:42 am

One week the Sun was running a “confess your crimes� bit whereby you called an anonymous line and gave them details of the crime you committed, to get it off your chest and such like.

We phoned in as a prank and confessed to trashing the Blue Peter garden. Spun them some yarn about going down to watch an Arsenal game for the fighting afterwards, got drunk and stumbled over the Blue Peter garden.

Anyway, the following Saturday they printed a centre page spread “Scots Soccer Thugs Own Up To The Sun� or some such thing. Had a picture of Simon Groom standing over Petra’s vandalised head. Must have been a slow news week.

They never sent me a Blue Peter badge though.

jayr Sep 3rd 2003 4:47 am

Originally posted by dracupg

We phoned in as a prank and confessed to trashing the Blue Peter garden. .

Wasn't there a story about some footballer having done this - Stan Collymore springs to mind

DianeOZ Sep 3rd 2003 5:00 am

How many times DID that garden get trashed and why did my dolls house made out of egg cartons and ping pong balls never look like theirs???

What was her name with the blonde hair after Valerie Singleton - (God I feel old)!

Remember Magpie and Vision On?

Diane:rolleyes:

dracupg Sep 3rd 2003 5:04 am

Originally posted by jayr
Wasn't there a story about some footballer having done this - Stan Collymore springs to mind

Hey, this is my Urban Legend. No honest … my mate will vouch for me! ;)

r.bartlett Sep 3rd 2003 6:26 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DianeOZ
How many times DID that garden get trashed and why did my dolls house made out of egg cartons and ping pong balls never look like theirs???

What was her name with the blonde hair after Valerie Singleton - (God I feel old)!

leslie judd

lorna knew her very very well when she lived in england

i understand she was the nasiest bitchiest cow she'd ever met..

cheers

richard