Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone commute from Gold C/Sunshine to work in Perth???

Anyone commute from Gold C/Sunshine to work in Perth???

Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:09 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone commute from Gold C/Sunshine to work in Perth???

Hi all,

does anyone know of anyone who commutes from qld to perth? my hubby works on the mines 2 on 2 off so were considering this idea, thanks again
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone commute from Gold C/Sunshine to work in Perth???

2 weeks I assume not 2 days????? Sounds doable, 5/6 hour flight. Don't know of anyone doing it although I think someone's husband used to although it may not have been Perth, I'll check with her see if she can come on here and give you the ins and outs, not seen her on here for donkeys.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:53 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
2 weeks I assume not 2 days????? Sounds doable, 5/6 hour flight. Don't know of anyone doing it although I think someone's husband used to although it may not have been Perth, I'll check with her see if she can come on here and give you the ins and outs, not seen her on here for donkeys.
Thanks Moneypenny, yes two weeks on two weeks off LOL
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

Hi Dawn
My husband worked in Kalgoorlie while we lived on the Gold Coast. It wasn't FIFO (he had to be resident in Kal). When he flew home for holidays we always found the flights expensive flying in/out of a mining town. Plus, it usually involved 2 flights to get home (the first being the flight into Perth for his connecting flight to GC). Of course, if the company is paying for the flights you wont have to worry about the expense.
He now works in Central QLD FIFO which is mich better as we get to spend much more time together as a family.
Laura
p.s. They are always looking for more operators in central QLD!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraV
Hi Dawn
My husband worked in Kalgoorlie while we lived on the Gold Coast. It wasn't FIFO (he had to be resident in Kal). When he flew home for holidays we always found the flights expensive flying in/out of a mining town. Plus, it usually involved 2 flights to get home (the first being the flight into Perth for his connecting flight to GC). Of course, if the company is paying for the flights you wont have to worry about the expense.
He now works in Central QLD FIFO which is mich better as we get to spend much more time together as a family.
Laura
Thanks Laura.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

does anyone know of anyone who commutes from qld to perth? my hubby works on the mines 2 on 2 off so were considering this idea, thanks again
Possible but hard work re time difference and flight times. Also there would be a need for a multi hop connection and I am sure there will be NO bargains available re flight prices. Two sets of accomodation will also make a dent in the income. I think looking in QLD may be an option as there are large shortages often with FIFO options.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 12:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Icecube
Possible but hard work re time difference and flight times. Also there would be a need for a multi hop connection and I am sure there will be NO bargains available re flight prices. Two sets of accomodation will also make a dent in the income. I think looking in QLD may be an option as there are large shortages often with FIFO options.
Both Brisbane and Gold Coast airports fly direct to Perth. Why would they need two lots of accomm? He'd be living on site, he wouldn't need somewhere in Perth - I'd have thought anyway.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:46 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Both Brisbane and Gold Coast airports fly direct to Perth. Why would they need two lots of accomm? He'd be living on site, he wouldn't need somewhere in Perth - I'd have thought anyway.
ahh thanks everyone, yeah he would have to pay for the return to perth but not the flight to the mine site, and wouldn't be paying for accommodation, was just wondering if anyone else had done it and how they found it didn't realise they did FIFO in QLD so thats a definite option, thanks so much
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:46 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by LauraV
Hi Dawn
Laura
Thanks so much Laura, rich used to work in KAL too