Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is anyone coming to adelaide in the next six months or so

is anyone coming to adelaide in the next six months or so

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:44 am
Just Joined

incabell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is anyone coming to adelaide in the next six months or so

hi to everyone on the forum im not sure if this is the sort of question that is asked but as i am a new member as of today i thought i could pleed ignorance,first of all i was born in the uk and moved here with my parents back in 1980 i am now married to an ausie and have been for the last 20 years we have two girls 14 and 12 .getting to the point we are considering a change of lifestyle and moving from adelaide to cairns sometime in the foreseeable future and as we would rent our house in hallett cove out fully furnished i thought this might be of interest to someone on the forum.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:56 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: is anyone coming to adelaide in the next six months or so

Hi we are coming out but not until next year which is a shame as i really fancy living in Hallett cove too. Can i ask why you want to move? Also what is Hallett cove like?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum

You may also like to advertise the rental on the Adelaide site
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:11 am
Just Joined

cato is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by incabell
hi to everyone on the forum im not sure if this is the sort of question that is asked but as i am a new member as of today i thought i could pleed ignorance,first of all i was born in the uk and moved here with my parents back in 1980 i am now married to an ausie and have been for the last 20 years we have two girls 14 and 12 .getting to the point we are considering a change of lifestyle and moving from adelaide to cairns sometime in the foreseeable future and as we would rent our house in hallett cove out fully furnished i thought this might be of interest to someone on the forum.
Hi This sounds great, we are hoping to come over in the next six months and would be very interested in this. we do however have two cats so this may cause a problem but if not we would be interested in more info.

thanks

Tina
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

hi ozzieclare we have been to cairns for holidays several times and just love it there dont get me wrong we love adelaide also but find the winters hard to cope with the whole family seems to love hot and humid weather so we are always going to bali but obviously due to work commitments and lack of funds we cannot stay there for the four months that adelaides colder weather lasts.
im not sure how much you have read up on hallett cove but it is a great place to bring up a family both of my girls go to hallett cove reception to year 12 school we live on the most southern end of hallett cove in an estate called cove point the beach is just a ten minute walk though we usually use the pool as hallett cove beach is rockier than most of the other beaches in the area.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

hi tina first i have no problem with cats
ill tell you as much as i can about the house.
there are three bedrooms and a study, the master bedroom has a walk in robe and ensuite the other two have built in robes, two outdoor entertaining areas one we use for winter as a gym and the other we use for summer that is overlooking the solar heated pool.we live about a fiv minute walk from the beach but usualy use the pool as hallett cove beach is rockier than the other beaches in the area, oh and there is a two car lock up garage with remote lock up garage.there is allso ducted air conditioning and gas heating
we are looking at renting the house out fully furnished for six months or so and renting in cairns untill we get settled in to new jobs and find a suitable property
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

hi tina first i have no problem with cats
ill tell you as much as i can about the house.
there are three bedrooms and a study, the master bedroom has a walk in robe and ensuite the other two have built in robes, two outdoor entertaining areas one we use for winter as a gym and the other we use for summer that is overlooking the solar heated pool.we live about a fiv minute walk from the beach but usualy use the pool as hallett cove beach is rockier than the other beaches in the area, oh and there is a two car lock up garage with remote lock up garage.there is allso ducted air conditioning and gas heating
we are looking at renting the house out fully furnished for six months or so and renting in cairns untill we get settled in to new jobs and find a suitable property
Hi Incabell, that may be exactly what we're looking for! We fly into Adelaide on August 24th., but will then be touring until about early December. If you pm me your email address or mobile number we may get in touch once we decide which area to settle in.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

marknrose is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
coming over early oct not yet decided to which city, it depends on which part of oz is best for telecom work. but if we decide on adelaide, halett cove would be favourite. Six month rental would be about right,what would the rental terms be?

many thanks
mark n rose
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Hi

We are arriving in Adelaide on 17th August, but will be travelling back and forth to Melbourne to visit our pooch, so may be looking for something around mid September.

We could be interested providing you would accept a dog too. Can you let me know and also what you anticipate the weekly rent to be.

Thanks
Tracey
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

hi , this sounds interesting as we are coming out early march , when was you hoping to start renting and how much rent was you looking for . cheers john
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

simonp is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: is anyone coming to adelaide in the next six months or so

Really keen to find out more....

We're due to arrive April/May, (as soon as house is sold)

Hallet Cove is one of the area's we are looking to move to.

can you email me more details ?

[email protected]

cheers

Si
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:52 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Hi its also the area we are looking at we have organised a short term rental in Morphett vale when we land mid March.
Would you pm me the address of your house so I can google it also what sort of monthly rent you looking at?
Are there nice primary schools in that area?
Susan
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:57 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

This is quite an old thread - i think theyve sorted their property issues now - and you really shouldnt post your email address on a forum...no matter how nice everyone is. xxx