Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone for coffee/cuppa?

Anyone for coffee/cuppa?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone for coffee/cuppa?

Anyone for coffee/cuppa out there in Eastern Suburbs (Sydney) or nearby? Don't get to meet many people as my kids are grown up and I don't work so it's hard to make friends.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone for coffee/cuppa?

Originally Posted by koala12
Anyone for coffee/cuppa out there in Eastern Suburbs (Sydney) or nearby? Don't get to meet many people as my kids are grown up and I don't work so it's hard to make friends.
Sorry Koala but I'm in Melbourne.

Thought I'd bump this for you though.

Trish
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:04 pm
icd
Just Joined

icd will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koala12
Sure Love to - I am not there yet we are ariving on the 29th of Feb but when we get there it would be great to have a plan to meet a friendly face and have a coffee.

You tell me where - somewhere central would be good - we are going to be staying in Meutral Bay for the first 3 weeks.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:11 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Koala, not there yet but hoping to move down in a couple of months.

I'm old enough to have grown-up kids (hell, I'm old enough to be a nana I guess ) but I'm childless and I don't work either.

I know how hard it is to find a social circle in that situation, so hopefully your offer of coffee doesn't have a time limit.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Default Anyone for coffee/cuppa?

Hi Seasider
Keep in touch and don't worry the offer of a meet up isn't time limited....although if you don't mind I might have a coffee/cuppa in the meantime in case I get thirsty waiting for you!?
Can give you my personal email address if you like as I always seem to forget to check messages on here!
Karen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by icd
Sure Love to - I am not there yet we are ariving on the 29th of Feb but when we get there it would be great to have a plan to meet a friendly face and have a coffee.

You tell me where - somewhere central would be good - we are going to be staying in Meutral Bay for the first 3 weeks.

Ian
Hi Ian
Not long til u arrive in Sydney then, where u coming from? I presume you mean Neutral Bay which I believe is on the North Shore? Let me know when you arrive and are over your jet lag and we'll perhaps sort something out
Meantime, best wishes
Karen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Weste is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen

I'm moving over in 2 weeks and with both kids in school will be home too, so would love to meet up

Em
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

mschulhof is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all we are arriving in Sydney on 26th and will spending our first 3 months in Sydney before moving to Canberra, I won't know anyone and my husband will be at work (children grown up) and staying in uk. if anyone would like to meet up that would be great we are spending the 3 months in the Parramatta area but it has great transport network. look forward to hearing from you.
Michele
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:32 pm
icd
Just Joined

icd will become famous soon enough

Thanks Koala - yes we are arriving on the 29th coming from the South East of UK a small town called East Grinstead - but we both work in London so are hoping we won't have to commute as much in Sydney.

Yes of course meant Neutral Bay (whoops) - great I will post you when I get there and lets hope we can meet up - dreading day when partner first goes off to work ... then again maybe not!

See ya

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Hiya

We moved over 3 months ago and live in the eastern suburbs. My kids have just started school and I am just about to try and find some work. If you want to meet up for a cuppa I would be quite happy to.

Tammy
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by icd
Thanks Koala - yes we are arriving on the 29th coming from the South East of UK a small town called East Grinstead - but we both work in London so are hoping we won't have to commute as much in Sydney.

Yes of course meant Neutral Bay (whoops) - great I will post you when I get there and lets hope we can meet up - dreading day when partner first goes off to work ... then again maybe not!

See ya

Ian
I know East Grinstead! We came from Lewes and the London commute for OH was one of the things we moved to avoid.

I'd love to meet for coffee, but my only childfree days are Thursday and Friday when my youngest is at pre-school (I have two others in school) and I've volunteered to help at the school in the mornings which might make it a bit tight to get into the city and back on time for the school run. Will keep an eye on this thread though and will come along if I can.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be happy to meet you for a cuppa, I am free most days, but would have to fit in it around school runs, I live in North Sydney but am happy to travel.