Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone close to Staines.....

Anyone close to Staines.....

Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone close to Staines.....

If your free tomorrow about 11.30am...Helinuk and I are meeting for lunch.

If you fancy joining us, you would be more than welcome. Just let either of us know.

Hels
xxx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone close to Staines.....

Originally Posted by Hels

If you fancy joining us, you would be more than welcome. Just let either of us know.

Hels
xxx
Staines, as in Ali G...
down the road from Windsor?
Jubbly
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Staines, as in Ali G...
down the road from Windsor?
Jubbly

~L~ Yup, that Staines....Staines Massive!!!

Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

~L~ Yup, that Staines....Staines Massive!!!

Fantastic
I was just up the road in egham

It's amusing but some people don't actually believe Staines is a real place out here *l*
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Fantastic

It's amusing but some people don't actually believe Staines is a real place out here *l*
Hello Bob, I wasn't familiar with Staines till I met my other half who's also from Egham, now I know about the Magna Carta and all kinds of interesting stuff, like how Bill Bryson's mother-in-law lives there...I think
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Fantastic

Ohhh...its real....VERY real.....

I actually dont live all that close to Staines...I am over in Greenford. But its central to where Helinuk and I are so thats where we are going...
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Ohhh...its real....VERY real.....

I actually dont live all that close to Staines...I am over in Greenford. But its central to where Helinuk and I are so thats where we are going...
Yup, Staines is great, nothing beats watching the locals hanging out at McD's
Though the new cinema is really cool, shame the only people that work there are on par with wally world....

Saw Ali G doing the rounds a few times which was cool, espcially the old peoples home gags, that was the local home in Egham

Lots of random history, though it's a tad close to Slough....another great city *l*

Spekaing of Staines, if you get the chance, should check out the RAF Memorial in egham, fantastic views over the river thames
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

LauranJ is on a distinguished road

I'm not in Staines but my cousin lives there - she went to the same school as Ali G - what a claim to fame!!!!

Unfortunatley, I am working 2moro but I'll be in Staines at 8:30 on tues morning (have to leave mine at bout 6:30am - should be fun with 7 year old!!!) if that's any help!!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hels
xxx
<disappointed> I read the title and was going to tell you about the chile sauce I spilled on my T-shirt earlier.
Oh well, I'm way too far north for lunch darn sarf tomorrow. Hope you have a good day though Hels
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:42 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

not in staines but got lots of them.

sorry can't help myself
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LauranJ
I'm not in Staines but my cousin lives there - she went to the same school as Ali G - what a claim to fame!!!!

Unfortunatley, I am working 2moro but I'll be in Staines at 8:30 on tues morning (have to leave mine at bout 6:30am - should be fun with 7 year old!!!) if that's any help!!!

Hey, thats a shame that your coming on Tuesday!! Would have been nice to meet up with you as well....I would say perhaps another time...but with only 19 sleeps to go...got limited time Very limited time....

Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:35 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, thats a shame that your coming on Tuesday!! Would have been nice to meet up with you as well....I would say perhaps another time...but with only 19 sleeps to go...got limited time Very limited time....

Hi,

wish i could come = but too far away = have a nice time
Diddy
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by diddy
Hi,

wish i could come = but too far away = have a nice time
Diddy

Awww, wish ya could too. But will see you on the 11/9, right?
Old Aug 27th 2004, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Lived in Staines & Egham when I was at Uni there, many moons ago. Ahhhh what memories! Say hello to Staines for me. We used to go to the pub by the river, can't remember its name now, except when it was flooded of course!

Loopy
Old Aug 27th 2004, 1:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Loopy
Lived in Staines & Egham when I was at Uni there, many moons ago. Ahhhh what memories! Say hello to Staines for me. We used to go to the pub by the river, can't remember its name now, except when it was flooded of course!

Loopy

I promise I will walk around and tell every building, carpark, tree and lightpost Hello from Loopy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.