Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone built their own swimming pool

anyone built their own swimming pool

Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:59 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone built their own swimming pool

im thinking of building my own,anyone else built a brick and liner pool..

with thanks

aston
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:29 am
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: anyone built their own swimming pool

I have aston man !
although it's in the uk,bought a kit off a pool company, consisting of all the pipework, liner, light,pump and copings for the edge.
I then hired a mini-digger and over the course of a weekend dug it all out.
dropped in a bit lucky as they were building a new by- pass about a mile away,bunged the forman a few quid and he sent some fellas round and took all the soil away! Now i'm no brickie,and this job has to be spot on to take the liner,so i laboured for the brickie and we built it over 2 weekends. When you fit the liner you have to vacuum it to get the little ripples out but to be honest i found it very easy. I did all the pipework, then had a plumber to connect the boiler to heat it.
It's great we used it three times last summer
There's probably things you wouldn't have to do that we did like put a concrete ring-beam under the copings (in case of heavy freezing) but all in all i say go for it
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:32 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

We're building ours....well chris is, i'm supervising
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:43 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darendon
I have aston man !
although it's in the uk,bought a kit off a pool company, consisting of all the pipework, liner, light,pump and copings for the edge.
I then hired a mini-digger and over the course of a weekend dug it all out.
dropped in a bit lucky as they were building a new by- pass about a mile away,bunged the forman a few quid and he sent some fellas round and took all the soil away! Now i'm no brickie,and this job has to be spot on to take the liner,so i laboured for the brickie and we built it over 2 weekends. When you fit the liner you have to vacuum it to get the little ripples out but to be honest i found it very easy. I did all the pipework, then had a plumber to connect the boiler to heat it.
It's great we used it three times last summer
There's probably things you wouldn't have to do that we did like put a concrete ring-beam under the copings (in case of heavy freezing) but all in all i say go for it

thank you for your help.its much the same here,pool liner vacume etc.

thanks again ..

ast
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by SalSa
thanks,hows he getting on?

ill pm you..
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I built a plastic one... well, i pumped it up anyway
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I built a plastic one... well, i pumped it up anyway
this is a sensible thread only please,do you ever see me taking the micky
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
this is a sensible thread only please,do you ever see me taking the micky
Innit awful when the SHOOZ 's on the other foot
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Hey Sally

Just popped on to expats haven't been on for ages and thought i recognised your name! Can you send Chris my way when you've built your pool! I want one!!!!

Hope you are well hope to see you at the cricket club again one Friday

love Kate
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wooders
Hey Sally

Just popped on to expats haven't been on for ages and thought i recognised your name! Can you send Chris my way when you've built your pool! I want one!!!!

love Kate
i dont suppose you have anything to say about pools...

dont mind me...
thread pooper
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Innit awful when the SHOOZ 's on the other foot
ere av ese...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:46 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wooders
Hey Sally

love Kate
Golf club Kate!!!!!

Shut up Astonman....me me me me me all the bloody time
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:28 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
im thinking of building my own,anyone else built a brick and liner pool..

with thanks

aston
Yes built my own with brick and liner. Bricked up the shaped, rendered the sides and base, got a pool liner company to come out and take a hundred measurements and 2 weeks later they installed it along with the plastic strips at the top. Just make sure that the fixings of the strips to the bricks are extremely secure especially around corners and that they wont rust.

Liner was $1300 all in cost about $3000 plus $1000 in beer.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:52 am
Banned

Golf club Kate!!!!!

Shut up Astonman....me me me me me all the bloody time
you have a point
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Yes built my own with brick and liner. Bricked up the shaped, rendered the sides and base, got a pool liner company to come out and take a hundred measurements and 2 weeks later they installed it along with the plastic strips at the top. Just make sure that the fixings of the strips to the bricks are extremely secure especially around corners and that they wont rust.

Liner was $1300 all in cost about $3000 plus $1000 in beer.
Oooo got any photos ?

Ast - when you've done yours can you come do mine ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.