Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone from brisbane suburbs

anyone from brisbane suburbs

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Default anyone from brisbane suburbs

I live in jindalee, and looking for friends , I am a grandmother, but a young one love to have a friend, me and hubby get fed up talking to ourselves all the time
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anyone from brisbane suburbs

Hi, my partner and I (late 30s) have just moved to Brisbane - only been here about 3 weeks! We're currently in Springfield Lakes, but are looking around for somewhere to buy, and were thinking about Jindalee/Mt Ommaney/West Lake area. How are you finding it? Would you recommend it as a good area to live?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: anyone from brisbane suburbs

i think jindalee is great, its near everything , but your away from the hustlr and bustle. I have been in jindalee since december and have no desire to move. Only about ten minutes from indooroopily.we usualy get the ferry over to the city which is great and cheap. Mouny omaney only a few minutes away. I highly recomend the area but it depends if you like it peaceful at night or noisy.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply - it sounds like a good place to live. Do you have any idea what the traffic on the Centenary motorway/Ipswich motorway is like, heading out west? I ought to go and have a look at rush hour, but haven't got round to it yet. I was hoping that heading out that way would be a bit less busy than heading the other way into the city.
(Sorry for the questions!)
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

have een on the motorway a few times but not around peak times, i have been told its not as bad as ipswich motorway but cannot answer truthfully
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:51 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by buzz
Thanks for the reply - it sounds like a good place to live. Do you have any idea what the traffic on the Centenary motorway/Ipswich motorway is like, heading out west? I ought to go and have a look at rush hour, but haven't got round to it yet. I was hoping that heading out that way would be a bit less busy than heading the other way into the city.
Where do you have to get to? That will make a big difference to how long it might take you.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Greigrob is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by buzz
I travel on the Ipswich motorway and the Centenary Highway on most days (Air conditioning Tech). The Ipswich is busy heading to the city in the morning from Dinmore to Goodna at peak and in the evening peak its busy heading towards Ipswich from Wacol to Redbank. The Centenary gets busy after the Logan motoryway interchange (Springfield) in the morning all the way to the Ipswich Motorway interchange/Roundabout. In the everning it gets busy from Sumner to the roundabout. To give an idea on journey times I travel from Yamanto to Mansfield most mornings using either of these roads and it takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Greigrob
I travel on the Ipswich motorway and the Centenary Highway on most days (Air conditioning Tech). The Ipswich is busy heading to the city in the morning from Dinmore to Goodna at peak and in the evening peak its busy heading towards Ipswich from Wacol to Redbank. The Centenary gets busy after the Logan motoryway interchange (Springfield) in the morning all the way to the Ipswich Motorway interchange/Roundabout. In the everning it gets busy from Sumner to the roundabout. To give an idea on journey times I travel from Yamanto to Mansfield most mornings using either of these roads and it takes between 45 and 60 minutes.

Thanks for the reply. I would be heading away from Brisbane - from Mt Ommaney/Jindalee or thereabouts out towards Ipswich in the mornings, and vice versa in the evening - hopefully then the traffic wouldn't be too bad as most people would be going the other way.

PS - very sorry for highjacking your thread Molly.