Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone in brisbane

Wikiposts

anyone in brisbane

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Their are some great places in the UK to visit, but no one in their right mind would go to the Uk for a BEACH holiday.

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/tourism/

http://www.wales-calling.com/guide/gower.htm

try hill end caravan park for a nice beach holiday in Gower, good base to enjoy the beaches around there. (behind the dunes, a short walk to the beach.. not touristy like Mumbles etc ).. plenty of other English people do. Beach holidays.. lol. sorry you are wrong.

You know Gower is the first place in the whole of the UK that was awarded "outstanding beauty" don't you?

cheers

P>S plenty of Brits , French and even American tourists around there in the summer... having a beach holiday
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:50 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Kath
We visited Cairns recently for a week, for 3 days we had rain like I've never seen, it was relentless, non stop, no break, soggy, humid..... We were told that it could rain like that week after week, hence the rain forest !!!
Never been to Cairns myself.... but the weather is probably like Singapore (tropical). Torrential rain. Much worse than Brisbane...
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Ceri
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/tourism/

http://www.wales-calling.com/guide/gower.htm

try hill end caravan park for a nice beach holiday in Gower, good base to enjoy the beaches around there. (behind the dunes, a short walk to the beach.. not touristy like Mumbles etc ).. plenty of other English people do. Beach holidays.. lol. sorry you are wrong.

You know Gower is the first place in the whole of the UK that was awarded "outstanding beauty" don't you?

cheers

P>S plenty of Brits , French and even American tourists around there in the summer... having a beach holiday
I think we've been to Hill End caravan park in the Gower - has it got a really steep entrance on the corner of a country lane? Fond memories of the area it's beautiful there, hubby and I caught a huge sea bass off the beach. I found the people alot friendlier towards us in South Wales (we're English!), can't say the same for North Wales.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by brisnick
Yeah, but that's Tropical North Queensland for you. What did you expect (though strangely enough it's the DRY right now)? Probably some strange end of El Niño beginning of La Niña effect!!!!

Well, when I first arrived in Brisvegas, I had almost 17 months without daytime rain, plenty of evening storms that lasted for a few hours, but nothing during the day. It has been pretty wet since March tho, with a period of almost 3 days of straight rain (okay, I kid, more like almost 3 weeks)!!!

brisnick
Are you sure your living in Brisbane QLD, as I don't remember any heavy rain thats lasted more than an hour or so. DEF not 3 weeks worth since March.
Are you sure you and jayr aren't on something you shouldn't be.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:07 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure your living in Brisbane QLD, as I don't remember any heavy rain thats lasted more than an hour or so. DEF not 3 weeks worth since March.
Are you sure you and jayr aren't on something you shouldn't be.

My three weeks was in Jan/Feb, it may not have been every day but it sure as hell felt like it, I may dig out some BOM data if I can be bothered to check fact against impressions.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:08 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

On a different subject, and for those with good views of Bisbane as we speak (write), anyone who can see that big plume of smoke off in the horizon (toward coast, GC way) as I look out from CBD over Kangaroo Point - what is that all about - what is there etc?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jayr
My three weeks was in Jan/Feb, it may not have been every day but it sure as hell felt like it, I may dig out some BOM data if I can be bothered to check fact against impressions.
Must have been Feb as I was away in Tassie and the drought had broken when I got back and it's not rained a lot since.

The smoke seems people outside can smell it, looks like it might be down Brisbane docks but don't have a good view as not very high up.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jayr
On a different subject, and for those with good views of Bisbane as we speak (write), anyone who can see that big plume of smoke off in the horizon (toward coast, GC way) as I look out from CBD over Kangaroo Point - what is that all about - what is there etc?

Could be burning off for another housing estate, they do that up here stinks for weeks. Either that or the 50% of the pop who partake in the weed are all at it at once.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Kath
I think we've been to Hill End caravan park in the Gower - has it got a really steep entrance on the corner of a country lane? Fond memories of the area it's beautiful there, hubby and I caught a huge sea bass off the beach. I found the people alot friendlier towards us in South Wales (we're English!), can't say the same for North Wales.

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...t_gower_gb.jsp

You drive past a pub (the kings head) on the corner (lovely food in there, salmon etc ) follow the little narrow road down and you come to Hill end caravan park ....it's usually full of surfies in the summer months.

We're a friendly bunch in that part of the world .. if it's the place you are referring to... walk along the beach and you come to Burry holmes island., you can get onto it at low tide. sea bass off there from the rocks if you're lucky

Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

We have been in Brisbane for the past 3 weeks and I have to say it is a fantastic place to be! The people here are amazingly helpful and friendly and there are so many facilities AND they're free! We visited Coloundra and my hubby has said that we have to live there because the beaches are gorgeous, sorry but I don't think british beaches come close.

We have recently had an offer accepted on a house in Bellbowrie which we thought was a gorgeous area, lush and not too built up, also the plots are a lot bigger i.e. you get more for your money. Pullenvale, Brookside, Westlake, Kenmore etc are equally as nice although we found you get less for your money in Westlake and Kenmore.

As far as Brisbane is concerned we are lovin it lovin it lovin it!
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by PADDAD
We have been in Brisbane for the past 3 weeks and I have to say it is a fantastic place to be! The people here are amazingly helpful and friendly and there are so many facilities AND they're free! We visited Coloundra and my hubby has said that we have to live there because the beaches are gorgeous, sorry but I don't think british beaches come close.

We have recently had an offer accepted on a house in Bellbowrie which we thought was a gorgeous area, lush and not too built up, also the plots are a lot bigger i.e. you get more for your money. Pullenvale, Brookside, Westlake, Kenmore etc are equally as nice although we found you get less for your money in Westlake and Kenmore.

As far as Brisbane is concerned we are lovin it lovin it lovin it!
I spot another potential member of the " Aus has sun, beaches and big 'ouses" party (BO for short) can I ask you for a not so small donation to the party

Cheers

P.S I'm joking
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:29 pm
Karma Comedian

We visited Coloundra and my hubby has said that we have to live there because the beaches are gorgeous, sorry but I don't think british beaches come close.

If you like Caloundra, you'll get a treat as you head further north, Mooloolaba, Coolum, Maroochydore are all much better than Caloundra. Also check out Bribie and especially North Stradbroke Island.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

!
We have to live there because the beaches are gorgeous.

:scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by dotty
We have to live there because the beaches are gorgeous.

:scared:
Well Dotty I see you've come to your senses at long last.

Knew we'd break down your hostility eventually.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well Dotty I see you've come to your senses at long last.

Knew we'd break down your hostility eventually.
Yeah they got really hostile in Coles when I tried paying for the kids beans with sand.

Still no doubt you will go on to tell us how to feed a family of four on Sand fritters, and Pelican steaks caught from home made spears of driftwood.

Sun 365, join the commune now. Just off to dry some seawead to go with me freshly caught seagull, then I must wash the kids school gear whipped up from washed up whale skins.

Live the dream, Sun 365.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.