Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Bournemouth or surrounding areas

Anyone from Bournemouth or surrounding areas

Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone from Bournemouth or surrounding areas

Originally Posted by Speyside
Hi Sarah,

We live in Melbourne at the Moment, Not really our first choice. We would like to move to the sunshine coast.... We were re-located by a Company who are based in Melbourne.... Because my Partner is 46...... 45 is the deadline to migrate without being sponsored... so we took a sponsorship....
Victoria Ok but the weather is much like the Uk, only not as cold......
We've been here since August 05 still struggling to settle but early days....

Anita
Hi Anita
We were originally going to Mount Eliza (Mornington Peninsula) we were working and living there for a few months in 1988 and loved the place. We came to QLD on holiday and decided to move here instead, mainly because of the children - just felt there was more for them to do here without having to go into the city.
I'm not saying it was easy to settle. It took us a long time to make friends, the kids didnt see any other children for ages and were really lonely I wish I'd known about this website before we moved - only discovered it after we'd been here a few months! It seems to be a great place to meet people, even if they dont end up being life long friends, most of them know what you're going through. Do you have to stay in Victoria for two years, or are you allowed to change area?
Give it time, I know its hard but it'll be worth it in the end
Sarah
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:28 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Ahhhhhhhhhh Home,

I am from Southbourne, Partner from Weymouth.... 2 kids bought up in Southbourne.... Miss our mates!!!!!!!!!!

We live in Melbourne.... Don't suppose any locals in Melbourne

Anita
We're in Melbourne - I'm from Poole originally and Stu is from Totton in Southampton.

Lorraine
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

From Poole here too.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Ww are eventually off to Brisbane on May 6th :scared: just a couple of weeks to go, most stuff sorted out and sold. Getting very nervous and slightly stressed at the moment but really looking forward to getting there now. Hope to meet up with some of you at some point down under.

Cheers

Mark & Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 4:03 pm
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Good luck with it all Greggsy.
I'm finishing up at work in Bransgore, house in Scummer is sold and will be off to Brisbane in July.

Bet you'll miss the X'church traffic jams!!!!!

Cheers.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chopper boy
I'm finishing up at work in Bransgore, house in Scummer is sold and will be off to Brisbane in July.

Cheers.

See you out there
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chopper boy

Cheers.

Oh how I miss Stony Lane roundabout :scared:
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by greggsy
Ww are eventually off to Brisbane on May 6th :scared: just a couple of weeks to go, most stuff sorted out and sold. Getting very nervous and slightly stressed at the moment but really looking forward to getting there now. Hope to meet up with some of you at some point down under.

Cheers

Mark & Jo
Hi Mark & Jo
That six months went quickly!
Good luck with everything, hope to see you when you get here.
Sarah
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone from Bournemouth or surrounding areas

I used to live in Throop, but that was about 25 years ago.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I used to live in Throop, but that was about 25 years ago.
And I used to live at 220 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth (above an Italian restaurant) - but that was about 30 years ago!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Speyside is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We're in Melbourne - I'm from Poole originally and Stu is from Totton in Southampton.

Lorraine
Hi Lorraine,
Where in Melbourne are you ... we've just moved from Black Rock to Geelong, alot better here!!!
Anita
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarahge
Hi Anita
We were originally going to Mount Eliza (Mornington Peninsula) we were working and living there for a few months in 1988 and loved the place. We came to QLD on holiday and decided to move here instead, mainly because of the children - just felt there was more for them to do here without having to go into the city.
I'm not saying it was easy to settle. It took us a long time to make friends, the kids didnt see any other children for ages and were really lonely I wish I'd known about this website before we moved - only discovered it after we'd been here a few months! It seems to be a great place to meet people, even if they dont end up being life long friends, most of them know what you're going through. Do you have to stay in Victoria for two years, or are you allowed to change area?
Give it time, I know its hard but it'll be worth it in the end
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
We have moved to Geelong, couldn't settle in Black Rock... If we had a choice we would move to QLD i'm sure it would suit us better, but we have to go where the work is, and at the moment it is in Port Melbourne.
Shame, but thats life i suppose. still trying to settle, its been 8 months now and still hard going. We can move anywhere in Oz, but because of Partners trade, ( Aerospace Stress engineer ) this industry seems to be in Melbourne.
Anyway we'll battle on.
Anita
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:08 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Hi Lorraine,
Where in Melbourne are you ... we've just moved from Black Rock to Geelong, alot better here!!!
Anita

Hi Anita

We're in the S/E suburb of Berwick at the moment but we are in the process of buying our own house and will be moving into it on 8th May in Pakenham which is a bit further out than Berwick. We've been here 8 mths now and love it here. The girls are becoming right little aussies with the things that they say etc. Stu works in the city and it's a bit of a trek for him but we know that it's part of the lifestyle we have to do if we want a large house that we can afford (can't afford one nearer to the city)! Glad that you are more settled in Geelong and hope things continue to go well for you. Give us a shout if ever you are over this way.

Lorraine
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
Hi Anita

We're in the S/E suburb of Berwick at the moment but we are in the process of buying our own house and will be moving into it on 8th May in Pakenham which is a bit further out than Berwick. We've been here 8 mths now and love it here. The girls are becoming right little aussies with the things that they say etc. Stu works in the city and it's a bit of a trek for him but we know that it's part of the lifestyle we have to do if we want a large house that we can afford (can't afford one nearer to the city)! Glad that you are more settled in Geelong and hope things continue to go well for you. Give us a shout if ever you are over this way.

Lorraine
Thanks lorraine,
Likewise, if your ever down the Surf Coast
Anita
Good luck with you house too.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahge
Hi Mark & Jo
That six months went quickly!
Good luck with everything, hope to see you when you get here.
Sarah

Yes it sure did can't believe were off in less than 2 weeks just want to get there now, see you there

Mark and Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.