Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone bought medication off internet

anyone bought medication off internet

Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default anyone bought medication off internet

has anyone bought any prescription medication off the internet?
If so did you have any problems with customs etc
who did you use was it easy

Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone bought medication off internet

Originally Posted by tillysmum
has anyone bought any prescription medication off the internet?
If so did you have any problems with customs etc
who did you use was it easy

Regularly. I order Solpadeine from the UK as you can't get it here, the codeine mix is illegal but I have no problem bringing it in in the quantities allowed. Boxes are always opened by customs but sealed up again and sent on.

I use three different 'shops' as they tend to sometimes have special offers etc.

www.pharmacy2u.co.uk
www.mypharmacy-secure.co.uk and
www.mistrys.co.uk - this one allows you to pay by Paypal but then are slower to deliver than than other two. The first two generally get deliveries to me within a week of ordering.

It's very easy, I use my Au credit card and the currency is converted at the days rate they send it out. If you order in multiples you do have to complete an on line form explaining why you want what you want but I simply state that it's not sold here and I want more than one to make it more cost effective. Never had any problem.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

codeine and paracetamol mixes are not illegal in australia...
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Thanks moneypenny will check them out asap daughter has had acne and since been here its been really bad doctor only gives her a 2 week supply so cost mounting up my brother lives in spain and can get some stuff we need really cheap over the counter there. but rather check out stuff on internet as he is off travelling a lot these days.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
codeine and paracetamol mixes are not illegal in australia...
Maybe not but Solpadeine is not sold here and the reason I was told by my GP here was the mix they use. I know other codeine/paracetamol mixes are available so I assume it's either the levels in Solpadeine or it's the addition of caffeine that causes the problem. Either way, I am able to import it so there's no problem.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

How do you get around the requirement for a prescription? Do you have to send a prescription written by a doctor? If I could get what I need because it's not available here in Aus, it would be great.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of codeine/paracetamaol in the product under discussion is an Over the Counter Strength.... ie 8/500 or 9/500

if you need 30/500 (eg australian codapane forte ... uk sulpadol) then it is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand that either, what else is in it? Things like panadeine, mersyndol, etc all contain parametamol/codeine, up to 12.8mg of codeine/500mg of panadol and are available OTC here.

To the OP, my mum gets all her prescription meds from epharmacy.com.au, which is the online arm of Chemist Warehouse. You just fax/post them your script after ordering online. It's in Aus, so no customs issues.

Last edited by augigi; Feb 10th 2008 at 2:29 am.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:29 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Direct nasal delivery