Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone been to MANLY lately?

anyone been to MANLY lately?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default anyone been to MANLY lately?

Hi there,
i was just wondering if anyone out there had been to Manly in Sydney lately? i am hoping to move to the area in 2005 and wondered if it had changed much? i was there in 98/99 and someone mentioned on here a while back that it had gone through a refurb?
is it still vert touristy (which i like by the way) and what changes have taken place
cheers
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:21 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Just the same as ever!

There's a new Coles where the library carpark used to be - that might have been there when you were last there mind you.

Some new apartments in places - eg "Nautica" diagonally opposite the new Coles: pleasant coffee bar underneath.

Same piles of chunder outside the Steyne - pretty dry so might also have been there then!

House prices slightly up on 4 years ago <g>
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone been to MANLY lately?

Originally posted by threlly
Hi there,
i was just wondering if anyone out there had been to Manly in Sydney lately? i am hoping to move to the area in 2005 and wondered if it had changed much? i was there in 98/99 and someone mentioned on here a while back that it had gone through a refurb?
is it still vert touristy (which i like by the way) and what changes have taken place
cheers
I was there in March for a couple of weeks - really nice place but methinks very expensive to live. Also, lacking a bit of a pulse !!
Depends what you are used to I suppose. Anyway, check this out.

http://www.gomanly.com/manly/manly.asp