Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone In Ayrshire Area Off To Oz

Anyone In Ayrshire Area Off To Oz

Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone In Ayrshire Area Off To Oz

Would love to hear from anyone in the Ayrshire or Glasgow region immigrating to Oz in the near future. Maybe a wee meeting could be organised. We are hoping to go to Perth in about 6 months time.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone In Ayrshire Area Off To Oz

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Would love to hear from anyone in the Ayrshire or Glasgow region immigrating to Oz in the near future. Maybe a wee meeting could be organised. We are hoping to go to Perth in about 6 months time.
hi, theres a few moving over from glasgow in the next year. just keep your eye out for them.
if u dont get any answers. ask again.
once a threads left the first page some people dont bother looking back.

soapy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Cheers thanks for the advice, ill try again.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:48 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

I'm Lynn and hoping to go to Brisbane with my husband Marc November this year. We are 24 (25 in Feb) and 26!

Will be nice to hear of other Scots in the area going to.

What age are you - are you going with family etc? Why Perth? What do you do for a living?

I am a nurse and hubbie a design engineer. We don't have kids but will be taking our dog Poppy.

Keep in touch!
Lynn
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi!

I'm Lynn and hoping to go to Brisbane with my husband Marc November this year. We are 24 (25 in Feb) and 26!

Will be nice to hear of other Scots in the area going to.

What age are you - are you going with family etc? Why Perth? What do you do for a living?

I am a nurse and hubbie a design engineer. We don't have kids but will be taking our dog Poppy.

Keep in touch !
Lynn
HI LYNN WE ARE OFF TO PERTH AS WE HAVE FAMILY THERE. BEEN THERE ONCE AND LOVED THE LIFESTYLE. MY HUSBAND IS A GAS FITTER HE IS 37, AND I WORK WAIT FOR IT, ASDA|||| UNFORTUANTELY NONE IN OZ. I AM 32 . WE HAVE A LITTLE GIRL WHO IS 3YEAR OLD.
CANT WAIT TILL THE MOVE. IT WILL BE GOOD TO FIND OUT HOW YOU GET ON,
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Anyone In Ayrshire Area Off To Oz

HI LYNN WE ARE OFF TO PERTH AS WE HAVE FAMILY THERE. BEEN THERE ONCE AND LOVED THE LIFESTYLE. MY HUSBAND IS A GAS FITTER HE IS 37, AND I WORK WAIT FOR IT, ASDA|||| UNFORTUANTELY NONE IN OZ. I AM 32 . WE HAVE A LITTLE GIRL WHO IS 3YEAR OLD.
CANT WAIT TILL THE MOVE. IT WILL BE GOOD TO FIND OUT HOW YOU GET ON,
Hi Carol ! We moved from Kilmarnock 9 weeks ago BUT to Sydney , the other side of the country !
I am 32 too and a nurse and have 2 kids 3 and 6.
Any questions , feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help.
All the best and good luck ,
Tass.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tass
Hi Carol ! We moved from Kilmarnock 9 weeks ago BUT to Sydney , the other side of the country !
Tass.
HOPE U HAVE SETTLED IN. WHAT PART OF KILMARNOCK R U FROM AS THAT IS WHERE WE STAY? I WORK IN ASDA KILMARNOCK, SAD BUT TRUE.
HUBBY IS FROM BELLFIELD, WE R HOPING TO BE THERE BY JUNE. KEEP IN TOUCH.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
Tass.
u didnt tell me u were from killie !!!!
i worked out there for a while in Hurlford. Just before i came here. i dont miss the drive to work though
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

HOPE U HAVE SETTLED IN. WHAT PART OF KILMARNOCK R U FROM AS THAT IS WHERE WE STAY? I WORK IN ASDA KILMARNOCK, SAD BUT TRUE.
oh i used to go to ASDA for my cakes every friday
now that i do miss
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:46 am
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Hey folks,

Myself and girlie live in Ayr just now. I'm 34, IT blokey, and she's 29 and a Nurse <- My ticket . We're planning a move to Brisbane around June this year. I feel a n00b expat clubnight in "da valley" coming on.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:21 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

There is nothing wrong with working in Asda - we need people like you just as much as the next person. Is your husbands occupation in demand in Perth? Will he have to do a TRA?

Lynn
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well I'm a Killie supporter does that count?

Originally from Sunny Saltcoats by the sea & Mrs is from Irvine.
We have already gone through the process though & are now in Melbourne & loving it.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=lynnlovessun]Hi

There is nothing wrong with working in Asda - we need people like you just as much as the next person. Is your husbands occupation in demand in Perth? Will he have to do a TRA?

He has done the TRA and that has all been passed, we have sent police checks and medicals away so we are awaiting our visas. Dont know how long that will take? His company that he works for has one in Perth so he will get automatic transfer there, so that is half the battle. Long process but hopefully worth it.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well I'm a Killie supporter does that count?

Originally from Sunny Saltcoats by the sea & Mrs is from Irvine.
We have already gone through the process though & are now in Melbourne & loving it.

Good to hear from a Killie fan, Glad to hear you are loving it, better weather than in Saltcoats.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear from a Killie fan, Glad to hear you are loving it, better weather than in Saltcoats.
Just a bit Carole, 38 yesterday & 35 tomorrow.
Beaches here don't have donkey rides on them like Saltcoats had though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.