Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with Axa PPP healthcare move it to Oz?

Anyone with Axa PPP healthcare move it to Oz?

Old May 24th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

astonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone with Axa PPP healthcare move it to Oz?

Hi there,

I am trying to find out if it is easy to transfer your healthcare insurance. I have Axa PPP in the UK and wondered if anyone had moved it to Australia?

Thanks,

Marcus.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:32 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone with Axa PPP healthcare move it to Oz?

I would be interested to find out if you can keep Standard Life Healthcare also.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
Hi there,

I am trying to find out if it is easy to transfer your healthcare insurance. I have Axa PPP in the UK and wondered if anyone had moved it to Australia?

Thanks,

Marcus.
Us to Marcus,

When I first applied for our polices they said it was possible so I would be very interested to know if you can.

Phil K
Old May 25th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Have you checked to see whether it is worth transferring it to Oz?

I left the 2.5 years ago with my private BUPA cover being £50 a month (one person just over 30, £500 excess). Our top of the range with $500 excess over here now costs us around $130 for 2 adults (and kids if we had them) and it doesn't increase as you get older since prices do not vary over here by age of the insured.
Old May 25th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spottydog
Have you checked to see whether it is worth transferring it to Oz?

I left the 2.5 years ago with my private BUPA cover being £50 a month (one person just over 30, £500 excess). Our top of the range with $500 excess over here now costs us around $130 for 2 adults (and kids if we had them) and it doesn't increase as you get older since prices do not vary over here by age of the insured.
You could have a good point there spottydog, our popolicys £110 per month for 2 adults and a child and is the AXA mid package.
Old May 25th 2008, 7:53 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
Hi there,

Thanks,

Marcus.
Maybe contacting AXA would be a good start?
Old May 25th 2008, 8:50 am
Just Joined

paulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nice

Hi

I work for Axa but Im afraid not on the healthcare side. I suggest ringing them up
yes Im leaving work this week and guess what... Im not transferring to axa brisbane!!! lol

michelle
Old May 25th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We're still paying Medibank much less than we did to PPP 4 years ago. And we get dental checks, eye checks, a lot of dental work and $250 a year each for glasses or lenses included. I hate to think how much PPP would be costing us now.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

astonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant future

Thanks all, we called PPP and it seems pretty straightforward. We can take cover with them for the first year and then buy in Austrlia without any exclusions (my main worry).

Best regards,

Marcus.