Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone auction their house?

Anyone auction their house?

Old May 4th 2005, 7:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone auction their house?

Still doing up our place, but contemplating how to off-load it as quickly as possible. Wondered whether anyone had investigated and/or pursued auctioning their home and how it worked out.
Old May 4th 2005, 7:18 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone auction their house?

Originally Posted by Hutch
Still doing up our place, but contemplating how to off-load it as quickly as possible. Wondered whether anyone had investigated and/or pursued auctioning their home and how it worked out.
Hi Hutch,
We have been looking into it for a while now. It will cost us £350 to be entered into next auction but have been told that we will lose far too much money this way as we would need a low reserve to get people interested. The more time goes by, the more appealing it is becoming. The only problem is that I want to make sure that my student loan is paid off before I leave the UK. That will take a huge chunk of money and if you add that to the fact that we may lose quite a bit at auction, we won't actually have much money to start our new life with. We will see what the election brings and then make our decision about selling at auction or not.
Sarah
Old May 4th 2005, 11:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone auction their house?

Ah yea, that's what I feared. Ah well ... back to the estate agents it is then