British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone in or around the Robina area? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-around-robina-area-462491/)

TraceyW Jun 30th 2007 11:15 am

Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Coming over for a Rekkie in a couple of weeks and obviously have to look at employment stuff. Could you tell me if there are many industrial areas around there? Hubby is in printing.

The Gold Coast Bulletin...is that the main place to see jobs advertised or is there a better source?

Cheers :thumbup:

sunshine23 Jun 30th 2007 11:59 am

Re: Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Hi Tracy,

Just a quick one. Check out the web site www.seek.com this is the main web site for jobs in oz.

We live in merrimac which is very close to Robina. You will love it over here. By the way it is cold at the moment so bring some warm clothes.

Gail:thumbsup:

Jockstar Jun 30th 2007 12:36 pm

We live in merrimac
Do you like it? Hows it for living? We will be up in GC in 2 weeks for a look at some areas. Merrimac and Robina are 2 of those.

sunshine23 Jun 30th 2007 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jockstar (Post 4989798)
Do you like it? Hows it for living? We will be up in GC in 2 weeks for a look at some areas. Merrimac and Robina are 2 of those.

We love it here. Have a great life and love Merrimac and work in Robina. If you want to know anything just let me know.

Sunshine23

johull Jun 30th 2007 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine23 (Post 4989809)
We love it here. Have a great life and love Merrimac and work in Robina. If you want to know anything just let me know.

Sunshine23

HI Sunshine 23

Where do you work in Robina - we are heading out that way around November time, lived there last year and love Robina. Struggled to find work though. How did you find it?

Merrimac is lovely too, hubby played football out there for a while.

karenjc Jun 30th 2007 11:11 pm

Hi we live in Robina ( for now ) and think it is a great place. There are no large industrial areas within Robina but its well located for all the areas that do have them.

TraceyW Jul 1st 2007 2:25 am

Originally Posted by sunshine23 (Post 4989695)
Hi Tracy,

Just a quick one. Check out the web site www.seek.com this is the main web site for jobs in oz.

We live in merrimac which is very close to Robina. You will love it over here. By the way it is cold at the moment so bring some warm clothes.

Gail:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by karenjc (Post 4991761)
Hi we live in Robina ( for now ) and think it is a great place. There are no large industrial areas within Robina but its well located for all the areas that do have them.

Thanks for this. We're starting our rekkie off in Robina and working our way up the hinterlands all the way up to just north of Brisbane. Only a week to do it in so I need to find out as much info as possible before we go.

People keep telling me how much more beautiful it is over there compared to here, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

And I've already packed my brolly and waterproof jacket!!!

Anyone got anymore info on decent areas up the hinterlands with good schools, semi-rural, but close enough to industrial areas for OH to work?

sassie Jul 1st 2007 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4992057)
Thanks for this. We're starting our rekkie off in Robina and working our way up the hinterlands all the way up to just north of Brisbane. Only a week to do it in so I need to find out as much info as possible before we go.

People keep telling me how much more beautiful it is over there compared to here, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

And I've already packed my brolly and waterproof jacket!!!

Anyone got anymore info on decent areas up the hinterlands with good schools, semi-rural, but close enough to industrial areas for OH to work?

Hi, if you're looking for rural and industrial, check out Ormeau and Yatala, which are about 20-30 minutes from Gold Coast and about 30 -40 minutes from Brisbane. Yatala has a very big industrial area, with loads of factories, etc.