Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Adelaide area

Anyone in Adelaide area

Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:12 pm
Moving to Adelaide May'12

CarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really nice
Default Anyone in Adelaide area

Hello all

I joined this site last year when I was applying for a spouse visa. This was granted and since then I have been working hard to finsih my degree so i can make the move to be with my husband.

I have now booked my flight out for the 5th may and I am soooo excited!

I was wondering if there was anyone in the Adelaide area? We will hopefully be living in Glenelg and I would love to get chatting to some people before I move out there!

Hope all is well for everyone

Carly
x
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Adelaide area

There's quite a few people who post regularly from the Adelaide area, I don't count, I'm 300 kms away.

May will soon come around! Have a look in the "meet ups" section of the BE site too - not something I've ever done but might be worth a try!

Glenelg is very, very lovely, but full of tourists at the minute!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlyChalk
Hello all

I joined this site last year when I was applying for a spouse visa. This was granted and since then I have been working hard to finsih my degree so i can make the move to be with my husband.

I was wondering if there was anyone in the Adelaide area? We will hopefully be living in Glenelg and I would love to get chatting to some people before I move out there!

Carly
x
Hi Carly
I am in Adelaide. If you are on Facebook, check out the Expats in Adelaide page. It's a good way of getting to know a few people before and after you arrive.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Carly
x
Hello from another Yorkshire lass - I come from Bradford (don't hold that against me though will you? )

I'm don't live near Glenelg, I'm further north although I work not far from the airport so just up the road from there. I do love Glenelg, had a really great girly weekend there a few weeks back.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:57 am

CarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Hi Carly
I am in Adelaide. If you are on Facebook, check out the Expats in Adelaide page. It's a good way of getting to know a few people before and after you arrive.
Thanks Merseygirl, I have joined

Thanks also Jothefw. I will take a look at that board!

xx
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hello from another Yorkshire lass - I come from Bradford (don't hold that against me though will you? )

I'm don't live near Glenelg, I'm further north although I work not far from the airport so just up the road from there. I do love Glenelg, had a really great girly weekend there a few weeks back.
Hi Wendy, well I'm from Pudsey, so its practically bradford!! I went to school in Bradford too.

How long have you been in Adelaide? Are you enjoying it? Do you miss Bradford at all?

xx
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy, well I'm from Pudsey, so its practically bradford!! I went to school in Bradford too.

How long have you been in Adelaide? Are you enjoying it? Do you miss Bradford at all?

xx

I've been here almost 6 years, and I love living here. Don't really miss Bradford at all. I visited the UK in Nov/Dec 2010 and after the novelty of seeing family wore off, I couldn't wait to get back home to Australia!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:49 am

I've been here almost 6 years, and I love living here. Don't really miss Bradford at all. I visited the UK in Nov/Dec 2010 and after the novelty of seeing family wore off, I couldn't wait to get back home to Australia!
I'm hoping that will happen with me too. But planning on coming home at least once a year!! Not sure that will happen though with costs etc!!

x
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm hoping that will happen with me too. But planning on coming home at least once a year!! Not sure that will happen though with costs etc!!

x
You'll be fine, tis lovely here

give me a shout when you get here, I'll try to get down for a coffee sometime. If you need any help with anything let me know
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:11 pm

You'll be fine, tis lovely here

give me a shout when you get here, I'll try to get down for a coffee sometime. If you need any help with anything let me know
Thanks Wendy I will certainly do that

I'll also probably be bothering you with questions before I leave too!

Hope to keep intouch

xx
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope to keep intouch

xx
No problem, ask away. I'm happy for you to PM me any time
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope to keep intouch

xx
You'll be in very good hands with Wendy. She's great fun and one the many things I miss since leaving Adelaide.

When are you moving over?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You'll be in very good hands with Wendy. She's great fun and one the many things I miss since leaving Adelaide.

When are you moving over?
Hi Dorothy.
I'm moving over at the start of May. Flight booked and everything. I'm nervous but not too much as the excitement prettymuch weighs all that out!!

Where are you now? Where is Adelaide did u live?

Xx
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy.
I'm moving over at the start of May. Flight booked and everything. I'm nervous but not too much as the excitement prettymuch weighs all that out!!

Where are you now? Where is Adelaide did u live?

Xx
We moved to Perth nearly 5 years ago for my husband's job. We lived in Klemzig when we were there though.

Good luck with the move. Adelaide is a nice place with loads to do.